Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

Maybe. I wonder if that’s why Dunks are currently outselling AJ1s. Not because of anything to do with style but simply because they’re cheaper and look close enough alike.

I predict these FR3s will sell like the Georgetown 6s - gone before the end of the day but if you wake up on time it’s an easy cop
That’s what it is, because they are cheaper. The materials are also cheaper. lol

I had a pair of those Panda dunks and they suck.

Personally I can’t wait for the orthopedic dad shoe trend to be over
There is always a market for a comfortable supportive shoe. If I had a job where I have to do a lot of standing or was going to a park where I was going to do a lot of walking…Nike and Jordan sneakers aren’t even in my top 10 shoes when it comes to that. Forget being fly and uncomfortable.

There is more chance that the jordan trend to be over than the Dad shoe trend. I go weeks without seeing jordan retros but can’t go a day without seeing a Dad shoe

I mean idc and I'll always rock em but the jordan fad will die overtime. Eventually all these retros will be expensive af and super limited ...only the diehards will go for em. It'd be kinda cool if they only dropped like 1 OG color a year and maybe 5 retro+ colors max. It'd mean more and have people really wiggin out 2 land a pair

Maybe. I wonder if that’s why Dunks are currently outselling AJ1s. Not because of anything to do with style but simply because they’re cheaper and look close enough alike.

I predict these FR3s will sell like the Georgetown 6s - gone before the end of the day but if you wake up on time it’s an easy cop

I mean idc and I'll always rock em but the jordan fad will die overtime. Eventually all these retros will be expensive af and super limited ...only the diehards will go for em. It'd be kinda cool if they only dropped like 1 OG color a year and maybe 5 retro+ colors max. It'd mean more and have people really wiggin out 2 land a pair
After these LnF 1s and the chi 2s pretty much done unless they drop playoff 8s in true og form plus I wear crocs all the time now 🤣🤣🤣

I mean idc and I'll always rock em but the jordan fad will die overtime.
I hope to be like Skip when I wear my Jordans
1662615573159.jpeg

After these LnF 1s and the chi 2s pretty much done unless they drop playoff 8s in true og form plus I wear crocs all the time now 🤣🤣🤣
We always say we done til we cook the sh*t outta them and then they retro it and we can’t resist the fresh pair lol. Yeah you can delay that process with crocs but … I got in this game to look fresh, not to look like that :stoneface: . I’m sorry.

I don’t even pay attention to JB releases unless an OG colorway is dropping nowadays. Less passionate for the shoe game plus less time. As I got older and the process of releases became different and more digital, I jus got less interested. Miss the midnight drops or camp outs at Niketowns and malls. Jus more fun then. Hell, in the 90s, the days of skipping 3rd period to cop and come back at lunch with the new Js on. Good times. Once all the OG colorways drop that I want, I’m out the game…
Realest **** I heard n JB thread this exactly 💯

There is always a market for a comfortable supportive shoe. If I had a job where I have to do a lot of standing or was going to a park where I was going to do a lot of walking…Nike and Jordan sneakers aren’t even in my top 10 shoes when it comes to that. Forget being fly and uncomfortable.

There is more chance that the jordan trend to be over than the Dad shoe trend. I go weeks without seeing jordan retros but can’t go a day without seeing a Dad shoe
I have a job where im always standing and sometimes walking around alot and i wear Air Max 90s and i have zero complaints

I have a job where im always standing and sometimes walking around alot and i wear Air Max 90s and i have zero complaints
Exactly. I gotta plenty of time to be a dad later in life, in the meantime I can get comfortable for a lot cheaper than some overhyped orthopedics wit the same white- earth tone colorblocking lol

Agree with all of that, but I can confirm Playoff 11’s did NOT sit in 96’. It was the first og Jordan to sell out relatively fast as far as I can recall. Not a first day sellout like todays releases, but pretty much gone within a couple days. I got the last pair in my size at Sneakerland on release day April 96.

What I meant with the XI sitting in stores that had them in fall 1995 to 1996 was that they didn't sell out on the first day. All the colorways from that time definitely sold out eventually. I remember seeing all the colorways being available in all sizes when they came out. Some sold faster than others.

Shoes preceding the late '90s didn't have release dates. It was based on whenever a store received them, then they would just put it on display and covey to customers that they had the specified shoes available.

I remember when the XI and all the other Jordan models came out, they would be available for at least a month after they got them. You didn't have to rush to get them on the first day because there were no release dates. The longer you waited, the riskier it became that your size wouldn't be available as time progressed.

I still have the Black/Red XI from 1996! I have good memories with those because of how I was able to be a huckster and get a good deal on them back in April 1996. I got those a few weeks after a Sport Chalet got them. Perhaps I'll elaborate on how I was able to manipulate getting them for under $100 in the broad Jordan XI thread one day.

Where were the Georgetowns sitting on release day?

…which sites?

I know yall don’t think so but most people do. That’s why dude had to explain the differences
Yeah I don’t think so. It’s not rocket science. I could just be out of touch with the younger sneaker community. The differences are night and day.

Back
Top Bottom