Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

Ordered from Hibbett yesterday. Already shipped. Should be in hand by Thursday. The even already shipped a pair of NB 550s I copped from them 4 hours ago already.

Ordered from Shoe Palace on Saturday *Crickets

200.gif

SP be playing with people time because they got that $15 "restocking" fee when you cancel

Ordered from Hibbett yesterday. Already shipped. Should be in hand by Thursday. The even already shipped a pair of NB 550s I copped from them 4 hours ago already.

Ordered from Shoe Palace on Saturday *Crickets

200.gif

SP be playing with people time because they got that $15 "restocking" fee when you cancel
SP takes forever to ship. I remember when i ordered something on a Saturday, they didn't ship until that following Friday and then i didnt get my order until like Thursday or Friday of the following week. So in total it took about 2 weeks to receive starting from the day of placing the order.

I did mention the visible air unit in my first post on the matter. That's a design aesthetic, not really a technological advancement, and had already appeared on the AM1 a year earlier. And I specifically mentioned the Revolution (which also came out in '87) in my last post.

But I realize I'm talking to a brick wall here in vettez06 vettez06 who doesn't understand the difference between stylistic design elements and performance technology so I'm just going to leave my dude be. Let's all just move on and enjoy the shoes.

5757266.gif

You're too uninformed and uneducated on Nike to be on a Nike forum acting as if you have any sort of knowledge to teach or question anyone.

Nike's Air Sole Unit is their sneaker technology that helped catapult them to into the position they're talking today.

Jordan 1's and 2's had Air Sole Units, visible Air Sole Units are literally there to show you the technology.

Nike Air

Nike Air was the first air technology developed at Nike, and it changed the way people thought about cushioning. It remains a standard for impact protection more than 20 years after its creation. The Nike Air made from pressurized gas inside a tough yet flexible urethane plastic capsule. The large molecules of gas prevent it from escaping the bag. The Air-Sole units are encapsulated in the midsole beneath the heel, forefoot, or in both locations depending on the shoe and the needs of the athlete for whom the shoe was designed. The Air-Sole works to cushion the foot by compressing and reduces the force of the impact and then immediately recovers its original shape, ready for the next impact.

1663108558422.jpeg

WHAT IS NIKE AIR?​

Nike Air is our iconic innovation that uses pressurized air in a durable, flexible membrane to provide lightweight cushioning. The air compresses on impact and then immediately returns to its original shape and volume, ready for the next impact. We debuted Nike Air in 1979, and we've been continuously evolving and improving it ever since.
Today we use Nike Air in a variety of performance shoes (like running and basketball), as well as in many lifestyle sneakers—because you don’t have to be chasing a victory to benefit from walking on air.

https://www.nike.com/help/a/nike-air

Nike Air Sole Units and Zoom Air are Nike's cushioning, they're cushioning technology.

That's it. I don't have anymore jokes or sarcasm for you because now I understand that you're clueless.

I'll no longer be able to speak to you about this because you literally have no idea what you're talking about.

Have a great evening.

So how do you decide which one to wear? I like the TB color blocking of the cardinals (EP on at the eyelets), but you can't beat NA and mat red finish on the OGs. EP on the Katrinas looking very OG thin there. Maybe pain the midsole black for a WC look...?

Katrinas are all I wear until I sell em... but they have a lot of life left.

As far as preference in looks... over all these FRs have the best shape... just look at the toe box slant. I actually prefer satin sock liners, and the burgandy color of Cardinals over the basic red. I do not like the red around the ankle of FRs. I dont really care about smooth vs tumbled leather long as both shoes are consistant (woe are my UNC3s). With that being said, my FRs are pretty damn smooth, the tongue on my Katrinas are very tumbled. Red vs yellow JM... dont really care. I prefer the all white tongues on the other 2 pairs, and the sxtra EP near the lace holes in the Cardinals does really affect me. I do hate the cheap *** box the used for the Cardinals.

Last edited:
After trying on the Fire Red's they're pretty comfortable. I might have to get a pair to play basketball in!

I don't feel the air bag in the forefoot though :rolleyes

DTLR pair showed up today, looks great. No complaints about this release on Nike’s part.

I can’t help thinking how much better this hobby was when you could just walk into a shop and grab the pair you want instead of dealing with the online signup BS, as well as “speculators” buying 6-8-10-20 pairs and letting them sit in their closets or on Stock X for years so they can make a few bucks. That **** has really ruined this hobby IMO.

The shape on these is so nice it makes the shoe 1000% better. The more I stare at my pair the better it gets.

I agree with Scollard23, I think they’re the best Air Jordan’s 3 we’ve gotten since 1988. :smokin
Screw Scollard23. That 🤡 wasn‘t even alive to witness the greatness of a brand new pair in ‘88.

These and the AMM 3’s are two of the greatest since 1988. There’s been a couple others too.

Back
Top Bottom