Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

Yeah, that may have me looking like a hypocrite but I think the stock x tags are weird. With the Nike tag it at least looks cool. Which is also ironic because people will call a release a miss if the AJ3 looked the same but didn't come with the hangtag ("I won't wear it, but it better be there!"🤷🏿‍♂️). But with the stoclx tag it doesn't look cool or have any nostalgia cues. It just supposedly indicates that you paid resell and authenticity, which the brand doesn't even stand by these days. And a hang tag is probably the EASIEST thing to fake next to mybe shoe strings so StockX tag means nothing. It's especially weird to see it on a GR shoe that is going for barely over or less than retail. What point does that flex?🤷🏿‍♂️

This was the first thing I thought. "Hey, look at my new shoes my parents overpaid for!" I legit saw a girl wearing a random pair of AJ1 mids with the StockX tag on. My brain was going "oh no, baby. What is you doing?" :lol:

Please believe, every Michigander has boots lol. And many Michigan sneaker heads probably have at least one pair of sneakers boots. But No sneaker head no where is wearing boots for 5-7 months and keeping ALL their sneakers on ice especially with sneakers companies still dropping heat during the winter. It ain't gonna happen and you know it lol. In Michigan, winter weather (ice/sleet/slush/snow) can start as early as late October and as late as the first couple weeks of February. It can end as early as late March and as late as early May. That's a long time to must stare at your kicks 😂. If the ground is dry and it isn't bitter cold, I will at least consider breaking a pair of sneakers out. Especially if they aren't suede. And Michigan isn't a big public transit/walkable state. So if it's not too bad out you're not spending a crazy amount of time in the streets in the elements unless your walking one of the downtown areas or you're a school/college kid. Every Michigander and for sure Michigan sneaker heads each have their go to winter resistant sneakers. Mine are/were Yeezy's and pretty much any Jordan besides 6s, 8s, 10s and 13s.

Im from Chicago but I lived in MI for a couple of years (Grand Rapids and trash *** Kalamazoo). I have rule that once snow hits the ground abd stays there, its boot season... but I have a bunch of Wallies and a few Timbs so I actually look forward to breaking out my boots in the winter, word to Hahahaha Hahahaha

I've started seeing this more and more at the school I teach at. Nike Air tags are whatever. We definitely did that back in the day. StockX tags are a whole other level of cringe.

I personally don’t do it but I’ll never ever trash someone for wearing a Stockx tag. You can say all you want about how it looks dumb or how Stockx sometimes sells fakes or how there are fake tags, none of that matters. I support the practice of putting your integrity on the line.

Deep down all replica buyers hate it when people ask if they’re wearing replicas. Because that’s the moment in which they are forced to either lie (thus proving to themselves how much of a loser they are) or admit that they are indeed wearing cheap illegal imitations of a piece of clothing they want but cannot afford (thus making everyone feel sorry for you).

Wearing the Stockx tag is just proactively answering that question, visually. And that’s why counterfeit supporters would hate it if it became a bigger trend. They want the line between authentic and fake to stay blurred as much as possible.

It’s one thing to wear fakes and claim you’re not tryna fake flex. But if you intentionally wear fakes WITH a fake Stockx tag… you have absolutely no excuses left. Lol

Im from Chicago but I lived in MI for a couple of years (Grand Rapids and trash *** Kalamazoo). I have rule that once snow hits the ground abd stays there, its boot season... but I have a bunch of Wallies and a few Timbs so I actually look forward to breaking out my boots in the winter, word to Hahahaha Hahahaha
Take it easy on the Zoo 😂. If nothing else they gave us Kellogg's 😂. So even if it's one of those days where the weather warmed up enough to dry out the streets and sidewalk...and no snow or precipitation is in the forecast....you STILL won't break out a pair of kicks? Or what if it's like this week where we got a good covering of snow the week before Thanksgiving but it's 90% gone now and the holiday week is all sunny with highs in the 40s.....still no kicks? I can't wait to wear my 40 below Timbs like the next guy but, in this weather kicks still have a chance in the rotation. If it's snow on the ground no chance but if the streets are clear it's a 60/40 boots/kicks split🤣

I personally don’t do it but I’ll never ever trash someone for wearing a Stockx tag. You can say all you want about how it looks dumb or how Stockx sometimes sells fakes or how there are fake tags, none of that matters. I support the practice of putting your integrity on the line.

Deep down all replica buyers hate it when people ask if they’re wearing replicas. Because that’s the moment in which they are forced to either lie (thus proving to themselves how much of a loser they are) or admit that they are indeed wearing cheap illegal imitations of a piece of clothing they want but cannot afford (thus making everyone feel sorry for you).

Wearing the Stockx tag is just proactively answering that question, visually. And that’s why counterfeit supporters would hate it if it became a bigger trend. They want the line between authentic and fake to stay blurred as much as possible.

It’s one thing to wear fakes and claim you’re not tryna fake flex. But if you intentionally wear fakes WITH a fake Stockx tag… you have absolutely no excuses left. Lol
I agree with everything but rep buyers being losers (some people just don't care about kicks like that and I can't blame them) and StockX putting their integrity on the line given that they no longer promote authentication all though "it still happens". The line between fakes and reals are already blurred. If you didn't believe it, StockX just proved it. Ive seen people who had fake StockX tags on fake shoes but didn't know why the tag was there. A sales manager at my job explained to me why she buys her son real Balenciaga's but buys fakes for herself. She just liked the shoe and didn't care. If he wanted the real thing, so what. But she's not spending resell on a shoe just because she likes how it looks and it's trendy. She wasnt a sneaker head so she gets to operate by different laws. The counterfeit thing is , whatever, because unless you were born in 2015 you've definitely listened to pirated music or watched a pirated movie. But this is really taking the thread off the rails so I'll leave that alone. Wear hangtags on your Jordans people! 🤣. It means you're a free thinker and free thinkers are REALLY popular these days 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

🧢🧢🧢🧢🧢🧢🧢🧢🧢🧢

Oh damn well I’m not really a Rolex collector so I get to operate by different laws too when it comes to fake Rolexes, right
It's funny how people exist in a vacuum without even realizing it🤦🏿‍♂️. It's even more strange when we are chatting on a site dedicated to that very same vacuum and people believe that EVERYONE knows sneakers like we know sneakers. How many casuals do you think are active on Nike Talk? Very few to none. Most people can't tell you the difference between a Jordan 1 and a Dunk and an Air Force 1. Even if they are wearing them. WE can but that's us. If all of your friends are sneakers heads like you who know the details and can talk the language and share the passion then great for you. But that's not most people. They don't know who Tinker Hatfield is. I had a friend who worked at Quicken loans. He shares an office building with StockX in downtown Detroit and eats lunch and has drinks at the same places. He had no idea who they were or what they were about. He played soccer and sold mortgages (alot of them) and bought his kicks at Footlocker when he needed them. He bought a pair from a co worker that still had the Stock X tag on them and kept it on because the younger people there did that sometimes. He had no idea. So put your caps back on the hat rack fam 😂.

As far as fake Rollie's.....I was speaking about social "rules" not actual laws...my bad on that confusion. But still, if you move in a circle of people who could care less about watches and you just want a nice watch and someone has a Rolex for sale at a price you can afford, even if you think it's probably fake, who cares? No one's going to prison or the hospital because you have a fake Rolex. Your friends won't call you out. And the world will continue to spin. If you lose sleep worrying about what another man is going to say about how you spend YOUR money then that makes you the loser. Not the fake watch.

I don't do fakes. But I also don't do pocket watching and I don't do judging another man's financial decisions especially when they have zero impact on my life. Including but not limited to wearing the hangtag on a pair of Jordan 3s 😂🤣😂

giphy (2).gif

Even if this is true you know damn well it’s the exception. It’s almost 2023 everybody knows about Stockx it’s hard to claim that kinda ignorance lmao

Idk bro you talk like someone who does
C'mon fam. Define "everyone". Does your mama and grandmama know about StockX ? Your aunt's and uncles? Your baby cousins who think Lamello and Steph are better than Kobe and MJ? ALL of your co workers? Your doctor? Your banker? Your tax guy?ALL of these people buy sneakers or will be asked to buy sneakers for someone they know. I guarantee you they don't all know about GOAT and StockX. Ask them yourself. I get asked to help people get sneakers all the time because I'm the only "sneaker guy" that many of my people know. There are resell stores in malls selling sneakers for $100 or more over the StockX price after fees. Why wouldn't they just pay StockX if they are so ubiquitous?

As far as you accusing me of buying fakes, that don't phase me fam. I've been doing this. At this point 60% of my sneakers are New Balance and non Jordan/Nike. Nobody is making fakes of Adidas Forum 84s or New Balance 580s or 993s 😂. Besides fakes don't do it for me. I won't even by a 3 series because I can't afford the 5 yet. Just doesn't make sense to me. So I'll just stay in my used Dodge SUV until my money says 5 if ever. But if another man wants to drive a 3 series or buy fake Jordans or Rolexes, I couldn't care less🤷🏿‍♂️. He's not hurting me or impacting my family. So why should I care. More importantly, WHY DO YOU CARE????? Why are you riding so hard for brands who don't even know who you are? The dude wearing fakes will sooner give you a helping hand than the brand you're caping for yet you love StockX and hate the "loser" wearing fakes 🤷🏿‍♂️?

Please wear hangtags on your Jordan 3s. Only the authentic Jordan 3s though. If you wear fakes this guy might cry☝️ 😢 lol

If you wear fakes this guy might cry☝️ 😢 lol
Bro I got you writing novels for me lmao. And still. Somehow you missed the point

Most people cut the tags off their clothes after they buy them. That’s just what you do. If you keep that ugly *ss Stockx tag on you know damn well what message you tryna send out

Bro I got you writing novels for me lmao. And still. Somehow you missed the point

Most people cut the tags off their clothes after they buy them. That’s just what you do. If you keep that ugly *ss Stockx tag on you know damn well what message you tryna send out
I just talk alot lol. All my posts are long. Brevity is not my strong suit 😂.

I get your point. My point is and will continue to be why do we care 🤷🏿‍♂️????? I mean have your opinions. I'm actually enjoying the debate lol. But if another dude wears his hang tag what's the big deal? I think it's cool but, if you don't that's cool too. I think wearing your Stick X tag is goofy. The brand didn't put it there and it has nothing to do with the design language of the shoe. But if you want to wear it go ahead. If you ask me my opinion I'll tell you it looks weird.

We're here because a man posted a vacation photo wearing a pair of Jordan 3s. And of al the things that could be said, people fixated on his hang tag and we're bothered enough to publicly declare their displeasure. That was strange to me lol.

Back
Top Bottom