Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Not exactly the right jeans for these, but whatever! 
My man got those James Dean cuffs. 
roll.gif

Last edited:
i had a nightmare last night. it went like this, i won the raffle and went to pick up the shoe and they didnt have it.

Woke up today and i had to check my pair and just look at that nike air logo.

It has to be the extra padding in the collar that's causing people to go .5 size up. These fit about the same as my 2013 Grapes, with maybe half an inch less room in the toe box, but TTS is good for me.

The insole they used 
nthat.gif
 Night and day compared to the Grapes which feel paper thin. If you press down on the insole there's a nice plush feel. These are gonna be in heavy rotation. Might go for my first double up.

They've been using orthotic insoles in the shoes now which is definitely a plus.

Was that change a part of the "remastering" process? Every remastered shoe I've bought has definitely been more comfortable than pre-remastered shoes.

Was that change a part of the "remastering" process? Every remastered shoe I've bought has definitely been more comfortable than pre-remastered shoes.
That is definitely one of the reasons and how they are making the midsoles as well. The midsoles don't feel as dense as they used to like on my remastered IVs

Vacuum seal them in a bag and dont let them see the light of day.
isn't that bad of the sole though as far as crumbling goes? I do plan to wear them, just not until the first pair gets DOGGED

Doesn't lack of air dry out the midsole and speed up cracking? Or something like that?

I just keep my shoes in their boxes, shoes trees and all, and place them in my clothes closet, way out of the sunlight. I've been good.

Last edited:

Doesn't lack of air dry out the midsole and speed up cracking? Or something like that?

I just keep my shoes in their boxes, shoes trees and all, and place them in my clothes closet, way out of the sunlight. I've been good.
How does sunlight touch em if their in a box?

isn't that bad of the sole though as far as crumbling goes? I do plan to wear them, just not until the first pair gets DOGGED

I was exaggerating. I honestly dont know what the effects of vacuum sealing would be. I keep my pairs in the original shoe box in my closet, and havent had any problems.

probably not. when the remastering first began there were no ortho insoles

id like to think nike saw that reebok were using them in alot of their retros and reebok retros were 10 times more comfortable than nike ones so they started using them

it makes a world of a difference

stand in your shoes, walk around in them.

you can try to reduce as much humidity and sunlight but don't completely seal off sneakers from air exposure.

no air exposure = more stiffer midsoles which can lead to faster cracking/crumbling. even though some shoes will yellow i'd take some yellowed sneakers over cracked/crumbled ones

shoes eventually crack or crumble after about 10+ yrs, more or less, depending upon certain factors like midsoles/technology, weight, activity whether you wear or keep ds.

my timberlands midsole cracked and started after about 13/14 yrs when i bought them in 2001

Last edited by a moderator:

DO NOT vacuum seal whatsoever unless let's say you go to a sneaker convention and you want to display your shoes for the day without anyone getting them dirty. Storing your shoes wise, do not do it. Long term use of vacuum seal with crumble your kicks. I personally store my kicks in a 2-gallon ziplock bag UNSEALED in their original box in my closet and have had no issues.

^^^ Great pics. JB definitely did a good job with these when compared with the OG's and the 2000's

Back
Top Bottom