Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Because Jb can't bring EVERYTHING back at once(1 or 2 cw of an OG a year) and since we know JB is dropping some 9s, 13s, 1s and 3s, JB needs to drop
Powder Blue 9
Playoff 13
Flint 13
Shadow 1
Neutral 1
Add in
Charcoal 7
Playoff 8
Fire Red Silver 5
Chicago 2(It's been 24 gah dam years)
And Bred 4.

Not a lot and we know JB isn't going to even drop that many OGs, but this list is realistic and would bring back a lot of buyers who been sleep this year
nobody wants 9s and 13s

air-jordan-9-ix-original-og-white-black-dark-powder-blue-2.jpg

If they could do this right i might do a 9. That mid sole is as s, i couldnt do the cool grays back in 02 and im sure its not any bettrr now. Returned them ţhe same day.

Powser blue ogs were my favorite takeon these back then. That piping is clean. The worst was the char oal with that ridicjlous red sockliner. Youd think itd have been the olives but the olives can be turned into inarguably the best colorway.

wnei76cs4tgkmup2ja1r.jpg

Tinker fell right the f off after the 7. If the 11 didnt happen he prob wouldnt be here with us today.

not my favorite, but an absolute classic. Would be happy if it released every 3 years or so

27 years :wow:

I still remember that time vividly. The best way to describe these shoes my way was absolute chaos. These were literally the status symbol of all symbols back then. Kids even had the white pairs and were spray painting them black. People were glued to TV's watchin Mike rocking these in the playoffs or nerding out when Will Smith had them on his show. We raced to the mailbox to grab S.I. each week hoping they had clear pics. News shows were telling us kids were getting murdered for 'em.

Loved hearing stories like that guys.

I'm kinda sick and tired reading zebra restocks, and **** like that that's all over fb and message boards lol

I just wore mine out today while out with the kids. I'm trying to break these in, but it's proving to be a challenge since they still look pretty much like when I first got it. Even the Nike air print inside the inner sole is still intact. Anybody got pics of broken in ones? The 2016 one specifically. Wanna see if the icy soles turn yellow and the front toe get less bulky or not.

Last edited:
I remember the white red 3M pair in my math class in high school. A guy a few seats away from me had them on. I loved them ever since. Hands down my favorite. Everything about that shoe is perfect in my eyes. The all black sole, clean white and pop of red teeth. Beauty.

Last edited:
The gold coin 5 last year has a similar feel to me as far as the midsole and toe being black. I really like it but not sure I would wear it since it has gold.

I still remember the Summer of '90 vividly. Rocking these Metallic 5s and hooping outside while the parked Jeeps, Suzuki Samurais, and the Acura Legends would be blasting Big DaddyKane out the trunk.  It still takes me back to that Summer every time I throw these on. Damn I miss the '90s. 

Last edited:
Awesome.. Birthday present?

Nope, none of my J's have ever been given to me. For the original pair of these that I bought, I saved allowance and odd job money up for 4 months so I could get them. They were the first thing I ever bought myself that I felt like I really earned.

Nope, none of my J's have ever been given to me. For the original pair of these that I bought, I saved allowance and odd job money up for 4 months so I could get them. They were the first thing I ever bought myself that I felt like I really earned.
Even better. Very cool.

27 years ago this morning, I got my first pair of black V's. Obviously these aren't that pair, but as many of you know, it remains my favorite shoe of all time to this day.
Wore mine the other day, my favorite 5s of all time easily. 

I haven't worn my pair yet. So far I'm still content with just taking them out of the closet to look at them every now and then

(just) do it. They get better when broken in. The durabuck needs time to properly break in. I've already worn both my pairs.

If your not wearing these you are missing out I tell you what
Most if not all the icy blue sole is gone on mine
Doesn't bother me a bit
Comfort on these are A1 [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom