Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Missed these back in 2016 and resell for these is ridiculous. I wonder if JB will re-retro these again soon maybe in the PE version with the 23 on the side and Nike Air on the back.

CB65A187-2BDC-4E5E-B10F-48669DDA04A8.gif

Missed these back in 2016 and resell for these is ridiculous. I wonder if JB will re-retro these again soon maybe in the PE version with the 23 on the side and Nike Air on the back.
I feel like they'll finish the current OG run first, as we still have yet to see Black Tongues and REAL, non hole punch necessary Grapes. After that I feel like JB will pull the '85 High maneuver where they rerelease the OG colorways (and remix them like the Reverse Blk/Reds) but with a new and improved shape more similar to the OGs (or the '99s at best) as well as paying more attention to detail material wise. Keep in mind the early production pairs of the '16 Metallics had a 2 tone upper with the ankle collar trying to imitate that of the original pairs but this feature was scrapped prior to release. I wouldn't be surprised if details like this and the inevitable shape improvement comes later at a higher price.
nike-air-jordan-5-v-og-black-metallic-2016-1.jpg
air-jordan-v-black-metallic-silver-og-pair-on-ebay-01.jpg

How is it that Jordan's pair is yellowed? I thought he wore a new pair every game.

I’ve always wondered the same thing about that picture. It’s probably just dust from the floor or from walking around the arena.
I've wondered this as well. Can't imagine they'd look that yellow just from dust or whatever. Could it be an illusion where the color of the floor reflected into the sole somehow? The V released just a couple months prior to that playoff game, MJ would've had to have worn them everyday outside and through rain etc to get them that yellow, that quick LOL

Yeah; to me it looks like for whatever reason he had to throw on his daily wear pair for that game, and likely just threw in some new laces at the most.
Seems difficult to believe, though.
I think it’s just that clear soles yellow over time. It’s unavoidable, even if you try to cheat time by storing your shoes in a photograph.

:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom