Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Those look like fakes
mean.gif
Fakes are only getting better and better. Looks like blue sole salt and not OG material withdrawal to me.

3M is brighter than what we've had since 2006 too.

Last edited:
I've been amped for these since info first dropped. Still am.

Personally?

I feel like these are DAMN close to 'the best we can reasonably expect to get'. That's obviously JMO, and I totally understand the heads who argue price point vs tech and that considering it 'we' should 'get better'. I get it.

That said? Yeah. These are [emoji]128293[/emoji] IMO.

I agree the flash response on the tongue appears to be brighter than what we've gotten in years, but ALSO agree that from the pics so far that the tongue also appears to have an aesthetically different feel in normal light.

In no way would that stop me from copping, as I feel the rest of the shoe is lovely. I'd have preferred the look of the translucent parts to look like the Maroon VI vs the blue tint, but that ALSO means so little to me overall that it's a non-issue.

I never double up. I. Just. Don't. This pair, tho'? I'm honestly considering it. After I get a RD pair, I'll see how I feel about droppin'another 2 bills. Blah.

Yeah. Hey, July? ..lets GO! [emoji]128521[/emoji]

Got a product voucher coming

Not sure if I should just use it on these [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Let's not re create the cement 4s thread and be patient for more retail pair pics. None are on EBay

What do you mean?
They have the same not really reflecting surface like the 2011 retro?
The 2000 and 2006/7 still had real 3M reflective material on the tongue.

The 2007 version was nowhere near as reflective as the 2000 black metallic 5, and it appears to be that it's the same for this "remastered" version as well.

​
 ​
Originally Posted by X-Alt  ​
 ​

Fakes are only getting better and better. Looks like blue sole salt and not OG material withdrawal to me.

3M is brighter than what we've had since 2006 too.​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Originally Posted by Tahoefreshies1  ​
Something ain't right with the Jumpman on the bottom of the shoe in those pics above. No club foot = fake.​
 ​
tired.gif
 ​
 ​
My LUST for these got the best of me again, The heel tab font is a dead giveaway, now that I'm lookin' at it. It's way too bold. The durabuck quality looks extra cheap too.
 ​
mean.gif
 ​
Once again NT, my apologies.

Last edited:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

My balls are SOOO ready for this Black Metallic 5 release NT.

On the real, I'd cop all the shoes and that pic, if money was right. I'd substitute those Alternate Olympic 7's, for the Black & Varsity Red 12's tho.

2 pairs of Black Metallic Playoff 5's are needed though, at ALL COSTS. Even if I have to resort to resell.

​
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 ​
I know, & I just can't help it @babyJs23...
 ​
 ​
MY LUST IS AT MAXIMUM!!!
 ​
laugh.gif
 ​
Quote:​

Yes, they are @Zephyr1983. They would've been better if they made the toe box part blue, instead of makin' it white. I still wouldn't cop tho... I sub em for the Black & Varsity Red 12's.
 ​
Anyways, reps to you both @Zephyr1983 & @babyJs23.

Last edited:

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

My balls are SOOO ready for this Black Metallic 5 release NT.

On the real, I'd cop all the shoes and that pic, if money was right. I'd substitute those Alternate Olympic 7's, for the Black & Varsity Red 12's tho.

2 pairs of Black Metallic Playoff 5's are needed though, at ALL COSTS. Even if I have to resort to resell.

That 3M looks real good there...

Back
Top Bottom