Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

I know I'm pissing off a lot of sneaker heads by saying this but in my opinion the jump man look better on the back than that tiny *** NA logo

The execution on this shoe is amazing. i truly don't understand how anybody can have any complaints.

I wish the mesh was more transparent.
And I thought I was the only one who noticed the mesh is more opaque on the newer models.

I think part of the issue that causes this appearance is that the air holes in the mesh are skinnier on the newer models, from 2000 on. With the OGs, the mesh air holes were a little wider and more oval shaped. A small detail, but one you can definitely notice if you compare them side by side.

OG:

View media item 2085858
2000 on (2007s and 2011s appeared to be the same):

View media item 2085860
From what I can tell, they kept the mesh holes skinny on the 2016s.

EDIT: In taking some of these pics today, I'm reminded just how much I like the 2000buck. It's BEAUTIFUL.

Last edited:
No Way, Palais Royal by my house, who has never received retros are getting tons of these.
def went over ur head...few pages back dude was talkin bout his guy said these was limited n whatnot so i was playing off that lol

def went over ur head...few pages back dude was talkin bout his guy said these was limited n whatnot so i was playing off that lol

Me too :lol:

A guy responded to the guy you are talking about saying that a store by him that never gets retros is all of a sudden getting these. Palais Royal is a department store here in Houston :lol:

I was saying earlier, that every time somebody says that a shoe is limited, someone else comes in and says that a store that never gets retros is getting an abundance of a new release that is coming out. It never fails getting both responses.

My post to yours was playing off your sarcasm. I thought you knew what palais royal was, and figured you would catch on. :lol:

Last edited:
And I thought I was the only one who noticed the mesh is more opaque on the newer models.

I think part of the issue that causes this appearance is that the air holes in the mesh are skinnier on the newer models, from 2000 on. With the OGs, the mesh air holes were a little wider and more oval shaped. A small detail, but one you can definitely notice if you compare them side by side.

OG:

2000 on (2007s and 2011s appeared to be the same):

From what I can tell, they kept the mesh holes skinny on the 2016s.

EDIT: In taking some of these pics today, I'm reminded just how much I like the 2000buck. It's BEAUTIFUL.
Wow, how did I not notice the holes themselves were bigger, I always thought there were just less of them. 

Welp, I now know what must be done...

I won't rate the best Jordan of the year until the year is over :wink: but these are definitely gonna be on the top 3 IMO

Laugh all you want, Air Pressures are still my top release of 2016. Unless STS Forces, 180 Pumps or Air Ships drop, it's gonna stay that way. These are cool too tho

Back
Top Bottom