Nike Air Jordan VI White/Red 23rd Anniversary Edition (Jan/Feb 2014)

Darn wanted to pick up a pair from Finishline while using my winners circle reward. The site refuse to take my CC and the phone line is too busy. I guess it wasn't meant for me to save money on this one :D

Ill post it one more time, vintage infrared Nike windrunner.....The match is identical, just drop the infrared talk because 90% of you never lived to see the ogs...keep it og!! No filter natural light
This is INFRARED newbies!!!! Keep it movin
View media item 805107
Talking about keep it OG,at the same time you should keep it 100, they dont actually look the same, I was there when ogs dropped in '91,wore 'em 2yrs straight thru jr high.. Now maybe slightly in pics the windbreaker and 2014s white infra 6s look the same, but Id put cold $$$ it aint identical to the naked eye in person..

Last edited:
Do some of ya'll know what color infra red really is?

View media item 805139

View media item 805140
View media item 805141
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrared

Take your pick. Put your shoe up to your screen and compare. Then shut up about it.

Infrared the color has a range depending on its wavelength... So really, no one shoe with the damn color is spot on.

The **** could have come out damn near being orange and could still technically be infrared.

These ***** are clean. If you got a gripe with the damn shoe, then sell them ******* and move the hell on :lol:

Once the complain train starts running, ya'll just won't get the **** off. I honestly don't know why some of ya'll bought the shoes today if you knew they weren't looking exactly how you wanted them to.

Cotdamn.

Last edited:
I know it's been asked many times before, but is there a general consensus on the sizing of these? Some say they run big like the white/red 5 from last year..some say tts. Anyone?

Ill post it one more time, vintage infrared Nike windrunner.....The match is identical, just drop the infrared talk because 90% of you never lived to see the ogs...keep it og!! No filter natural light
tell me the if infrared look the same..(not my picture)

eyes.gif

Last edited:
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I love wind runners and those are ******* 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
 I have a couple OG wind runners as well but those are something else, I have a couple Reebok and Nike wind runners, looking for some Puma and Adidas wind runners.

I'm just in love with 80s/90s fashion in general. And lucky for me these beautiful kicks are also a part of that era.

tjt4life- See thts wht you don't know, ds or worn og infrared looses its color iver the years..Tht jacket I own is its REAL color, will never loose its pop, which indicates to me is on point...

Last edited:
dude to be honest with you, what ever color you want to consider these infrared/pink/orange. they sure beats the 2010 varsity red/infrared from the pack. Ogs will always be ontop. what size are those 90s they look nice

my girl just looked at them (has no knowledge of jordans) and says they look neon pink. anyways who cares?they have a retro look. i like these wayy better than any of the past white "infrared"/"Varsity red" releases.
My chick said the same thing, we went down to the local ftl to see em. They're pinkish in person, I ended up passing. To be honest though, I didn't hate the color, it does have a old school feel. These are an Alright shoe, but since being back in university, I've become much pickier with my cops. Can't justify getting these AND the carmines, so I'll be getting the carmines in may instead.

Last edited:
tjt4life- See thts wht you don't know, ds or worn og infrared looses its color iver the years..Tht jacket I own is its REAL color, will never loose its pop...
no matter what sneaker Jordan release people are always going to whine and complain over color and quality, but yet lurk around the forum and post complaints
mean.gif

View media item 805065This variation of the color pink is called "bright crimson" and looks almost exactly like the new so called infrared..
This pic shows that the so called color "infrared" that Nike/Jordan are using as of late ,is no more than a name,not so much the actual TRUE infrared Color which originally was used on the 6s in'91. This new infrared is not really a infrared color at all ,its just a label to keep that beast train in motion. Its all marketing,and in this case a lack of accuracy in depicting the true color of the OG infrared, or even the deep infrared for that matter.
It comes down to if you like it and copped,or plan to copp thats all good, but be real about what it is, and what it is, is merely a thin veil, which attempts to deceive what infrared should really look like..

You've not seen them IRL, right? The color isn't even close

Last edited:
OG OG OG OG OG OG OG OG OG OG

The two most overrated letters in sneaker history. Everything is OG with you people. Either like the sneaker or don't. Christ!

no matter what sneaker Jordan release people are always going to whine and complain over color and quality, but yet lurk around the forum and post complaints
mean.gif
I agree.

Like I said in a previous post, I OWNED the OGs when I was 15. I could nitpick these things, but honestly, the color is REAL close. People have to remember, the 90s were different. We wore some crazy colors back then. Pink/pinkish colors on dudes was acceptable within reason. And as I've said a few times, these really arent pink in person. They are VERY VERY close to what I remember the OGs looking like. Without putting them side by side, honestly, I really cant tell them apart. The color is fine. People want an OG colorway, here it is.

I will say that $170 for the retroes is goofy, but as far as the shoe itself I am not going to complain about the color or the quality. JB did OK with this one. I'm steamed that my local Champs only got 18 pair meanwhile it was supposed to be a HUGE GR, but at least these were available online for a good while. The shoe itself is a GOOD retro. Yeah, I said it! Ready to be flamed.

@kicks4eva  Nothing against you, but the infrared don't even look the same even if the '91s are in its pristine condition. Anyways, everyone is entitled to his/her own opinions. 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
With all of the complaining about the so called "pink" color on the shoe, one would think the black infrared 6's is going to be an easy cop later this year smh. So much for wishful thinking. It will be interesting to see the views on those considering the same hue will be used IMO. I predict most if not all will be pulling out all the stops to cop a pair.

I agree.

Like I said in a previous post, I OWNED the OGs when I was 15. I could nitpick these things, but honestly, the color is REAL close. People have to remember, the 90s were different. We wore some crazy colors back then. Pink/pinkish colors on dudes was acceptable within reason. And as I've said a few times, these really arent pink in person. They are VERY VERY close to what I remember the OGs looking like. Without putting them side by side, honestly, I really cant tell them apart. The color is fine. People want an OG colorway, here it is.

I will say that $170 for the retroes is goofy, but as far as the shoe itself I am not going to complain about the color or the quality. JB did OK with this one. I'm steamed that my local Champs only got 18 pair meanwhile it was supposed to be a HUGE GR, but at least these were available online for a good while. The shoe itself is a GOOD retro. Yeah, I said it! Ready to be flamed.
i feel ya. i had em in highschool too. they are close.

With all of the complaining about the so called "pink" color on the shoe, one would think the black infrared 6's is going to be an easy cop later this year smh. So much for wishful thinking. It will be interesting to see the views on those considering the same hue will be used IMO. I predict most if not all will be pulling out all the stops to cop a pair.
Damn right and you know it smdh

just did that for the same reason
Word what they going for now. I feel these '14s lowered the price on those. Also no way anyone remembers the exact color from the 90s to now. Only way u could tell if these are close to originals is a side by side DS pic. Same camera same lighting

Back
Top Bottom