Nike Air Jordan VI White/Red 23rd Anniversary Edition (Jan/Feb 2014)

OG OG OG OG OG OG OG OG OG OG

The two most overrated letters in sneaker history. Everything is OG with you people. Either like the sneaker or don't. Christ!

Exactly man.

And whats hilarious to me is, back in 2010 everyone was complaining about how the infrareds were "too red" and how they were "too close to the varsity reds" and "not like the OG"

Oh but now... Now they're better all of a sudden? :lol:

People with the 2010's are just using this as a reason to say "hey, I didn't have to get the new retro's. I been had them. And since I've already had them, they're the ones that have the right shade of red. Even though back in 2010, we all thought they were wrong. But whatever. I been had them."

OG has become the most overrated term ever. So damn overrated, Nike even started putting it on the damn box descriptions.

Word what they going for now. I feel these '14s lowered the price on those. Also no way anyone remembers the exact color from the 90s to now. Only way u could tell if these are close to originals is a side by side DS pic. Same camera same lighting
And that's exactly what I said, if they were side by side with OGs then yeah, I could see a color difference if there is one. But this really is the orange/red/neon pinkish that I remember them being.

Word what they going for now. I feel these '14s lowered the price on those. Also no way anyone remembers the exact color from the 90s to now. Only way u could tell if these are close to originals is a side by side DS pic. Same camera same lighting
yea its a tough call its been so long. but i had the 00 pair of black infrareds and the vreds or pack didnt do it for me but this shade will do Im anxious to see the black pair.  but i got 650 for em.

Honestly I expected these to sell out because they are an OG colorway. I wish all releases were like this.

And that's exactly what I said, if they were side by side with OGs then yeah, I could see a color difference if there is one. But this really is the orange/red/neon pinkish that I remember them being.
I have to concur it is more of a orange-ish than pinkish, but yea, nobody is absolutely correct unless we have a comparison picture with same light settings.

Someone buy a time machine on ebay, take your shoes back to 91 and take a pic comparing them to the OG's.

Until then, we ain't got no answers.

Someone buy a time machine on ebay, take your shoes back to 91 and take a pic comparing them to the OG's.

Agreed, I'm just tryin to say that I think the hate for the color is coming from photos, which really show these as more pink than they actually are. I feel like JB got this color almost perfect.

Ill post it one more time, vintage infrared Nike windrunner.....The match is identical, just drop the infrared talk because 90% of you never lived to see the ogs...keep it og!! No filter natural light
This is INFRARED newbies!!!! Keep it movin

tell me the if infrared look the same..(not my picture)

eyes.gif

yea now i see it unfortunately. darn jb got me again. sometimes you see the name and you think they already have the color down. i showed my bro the shoe and he said Jordan got dudes up in broken wrist club delegating the color scheme for the shoe.

Agreed, I'm just tryin to say that I think the hate for the color is coming from photos, which really show these as more pink than they actually are. I feel like JB got this color almost perfect.

No doubt. I love the color.

I legit hope the black joints have the same shade.

I can take 5 different pics from different angles in different light and they might come out orange, pink, on point, or almost dark red.

It just depends.

Last edited:
well at least dude put a pic up of his windbreaker comparing to the shoes which look extremely similar. ill easily take that than someones word saying "yo i had these in high school and i remember the exact shade they were and they were def different"

well at least dude put a pic up of his windbreaker comparing to the shoes which look extremely similar. ill easily take that than someones word saying "yo i had these in high school and i remember the exact shade they were and they were def different"

But even still... That person saying that was right and more on point than someone using a 2010 pair as a comparison...

Chillen- Exactly, all I was really tryin to state...There's not much evidence, even ds og pairs color dries out...

:lol: Ya'll can't tell me them 2010's ain't just left over varsity red b grades

Someone at Nike saw em and was like "We can resell these... Lets make it a pack just to get rid of em"

Last edited:
i think people are just complaining they are too pink or too bright / light etc because they are comparing them to the 2010 version.    the OG's back in 1990 were pretty close to this latest release in terms of the infrared color

with that being said....Finishline is almost out of sizes.   They had a FSR pretty much all day.    Sizes starting to dry up now on their site

Back
Top Bottom