Nike Air Jordan VI White/Red 23rd Anniversary Edition (Jan/Feb 2014)

This is definitely my favorite VI, along with the black.  Bought 2 pairs of size 11, traded 1 and waiting to UNDS my other.  Haven't tried on but I have a feeling I should probably trade for a 10.5.

If I can't then OH WELL....these are DOPE shoes!

go look at your pairs, does the infrared look darker at all? i had these out comparing them to my carmines and i was pleasantly surprised to see the orange tint gone and these looking more red. i remember thinking they were orangish pink when i first got em... lady at FL was wearing them the other day and I thought the same thing. maybe its because they were next to the carmines, but wow.... i'm lovin that infrared now. people who passed on these because they were "pink" lost.

Last edited:
go look at your pairs, does the infrared look darker at all? i had these out comparing them to my carmines and i was pleasantly surprised to see the orange tint gone and these looking more red. i remember thinking they were orangish pink when i first got em... lady at FL was wearing them the other day and I thought the same thing. maybe its because they were next to the carmines, but wow.... i'm lovin that infrared now. people who passed on these because they were "pink" lost.

Was noticing this the other day on both my pair and my son's. They seem like they're darkening, maybe not as much as you describe, but somewhat.

yeah i wasnt sure if i was going crazy, myself. but these are definitely darker. they actually look infrared... nike knows what they are doing.

#nofilter

maybe the 10s looked the right shade then, I know I didn't snap shots of them when I bought it. I was happy with this release though.

It's weird it's like the brightness in the shade of infrared has kinda gone down. They aren't as bright as when they first released imo

The real infrareds

Comparisons
those arent infrareds on top, those are varsity's. and we are saying that the infrared has darkened recently... so whats the point of posting a pic that was taken before they were even released? and plus i can show you a video that proves that the 2014's are VERY close to the OG's. the OG infrared was very light.

Last edited:
Hmm, mine still look the same as I remember. Just as bright and vibrant.. Which I like bc that's how I remember the OGs back in the day. Have you guys that feel they've darkened already wore them?

Hmm, mine still look the same as I remember. Just as bright and vibrant.. Which I like bc that's how I remember the OGs back in the day. Have you guys that feel they've darkened already wore them?
I think it's just seeing my pair more and more i feel that they are darker than before but I love staring at the color it's just so nice and vibrant idk why people hated on them so much I swear :lol:

havent wore mine at all. i checked em out when i got em and then put em in the closet until a few days ago. i know the color is different because i've compared pics i took when i got them.

those arent infrareds on top, those are varsity's. and we are saying that the infrared has darkened recently... so whats the point of posting a pic that was taken before they were even released? and plus i can show you a video that proves that the 2014's are VERY close to the OG's. the OG infrared was very light.
My bro got a pair of them ******. I don't know who you tryna flex on but the white on the OGs are darker. The infrared is a darker red too.

The whites are the same, the leather just darkens over time same with the color.

This. The 2014 infrareds are on point to the infrared used on the OG

I can't believe this argument is still going on
eek.gif

havent wore mine at all. i checked em out when i got em and then put em in the closet until a few days ago. i know the color is different because i've compared pics i took when i got them.

Well comparing my gal GS pair they do seem a shade darker. Kinda hard to see in the pic and with the lighting, but does look a lil darker. They were both pretty much identical when we got em. She's wore hers a couple times, I guess my dark, cool closet's kept mine about the same.

I think it's just seeing my pair more and more i feel that they are darker than before but I love staring at the color it's just so nice and vibrant idk why people hated on them so much I swear :lol:

People just use to seeing the darker red on the Varsity and pack and don't remember what the OG looks like, or never saw em before. But yeah, they are nice.. Especially in person. The pics before hand didn't really capture the color very well.

i dont even think i like the sport reds. because they just arent infrareds.

Last edited:
I really don't think the tone has changed in this short time. remember, they are infrared. There are many factors that alter the look of them, as proven by all these pictures and continuous debate of what the color actually is. Mine still look the exact same as I remember them upon receiving my pair.

I really don't think the tone has changed in this short time. remember, they are infrared. There are many factors that alter the look of them, as proven by all these pictures and continuous debate of what the color actually is. Mine still look the exact same as I remember them upon receiving my pair.
not really about opinion here. just sayin.

the color has changed... i compared pictures that i took.

Last edited:
The 2010s were infrared brotha, 2014s are closer to pink

Back
Top Bottom