Nike Air Jordan VI White/Red 23rd Anniversary Edition (Jan/Feb 2014)

Naw. The infrared they are using on these 2014s is the original hue.

I'm tired of people saying this. The og infrared was not a pinkish red.....but more of a very bright red. Now....it can be harf to replicate things from 20+ yrs ago, so maybe this is the closest they can get to it. But trust me, this infrared is shades off from the og infrared

I'm tired of people saying this. The og infrared was not a pinkish red.....but more of a very bright red. Now....it can be harf to replicate things from 20+ yrs ago, so maybe this is the closest they can get to it. But trust me, this infrared is shades off from the og infrared

I disagree. Did you own OGs? The OG infrared was always known to be pinkish as well as the deep infrared used on the 2000s. So much so that some old heads would gripe about the red on VIs not matching the red used on Chicago bulls jerseys. Real infrared essentially has always been "pinkish". That's just a fact.

Last edited:
I disagree. Did you own OGs? The OG infrared was always known to be pinkish as well as the deep infrared used on the 2000s. So much so that some old heads would gripe about the red on VIs not matching the red used on Chicago bulls jerseys. Real infrared essentially has always been "pinkish". That's just a fact.

Great point. But honestly, you don't even need to own the OG's, I didn't own them but I know that a color shade 23 years ago is still the same color shade as today. Infrared will always be infrared and infrared on the color scale is a reddish pink. Should it say something different on the box other than infrared then it won't be the same shade as the OG's but if it does, then it is.

Do I have an og pair now....NO. Did I have a pair 20 plus years ago when I was in the 6th grade. Yes. And you are correct with the bulls uniform. The red on the shoe def didn't match which was why I said the infrared was very bright. This is the reason why I love the varsity red. I remember it being a very bright red....not a pinkish red. Maybe the kid shoe infrared was different then. Lol

Naw. The infrared they are using on these 2014s is the original hue.

OG

View media item 751250
View media item 751254
'14

View media item 751252

These are brighter IMO. I don't think Deep Infrared was this bright.

Will most likely pass. Love how they actually got the infrared correct, but had the ones from the pack and didn't really like how they looked on feet.

OG

View media item 751250
View media item 751254
'14

View media item 751252

These are brighter IMO. I don't think Deep Infrared was this bright.

Thank you for that comparison. People think just cuz they use og language such as infrared that everything is the same. Don't let my post count fool you. Been in the game for ovet 2 decades! I think I know what i am talking about. Not to say i am never wrong, but when i held my infrared 3lab5's, i knew that was not the og infrared. Og infrared used was a bright red...not a pinkish red. I don't care what infrared is on a color scale, infrared used on an og jordan 6 in the 90's was a very bright red compared to the dark red used in the away bulls jersey. That was the issue. The white/red home bulls jersey matched perfectly with the shoes. Not the away jerseys. Same issue with the carmines. Didn't match none of the jerseys.

The infrared on this release isn't perfect obviously, but I'm not too disappointed. If I had to choose, I would rather have a shade of infrared that it too light as opposed to too dark.

Thank you for that comparison. People think just cuz they use og language such as infrared that everything is the same. Don't let my post count fool you. Been in the game for ovet 2 decades! I think I know what i am talking about. Not to say i am never wrong, but when i held my infrared 3lab5's, i knew that was not the og infrared. Og infrared used was a bright red...not a pinkish red. I don't care what infrared is on a color scale, infrared used on an og jordan 6 in the 90's was a very bright red compared to the dark red used in the away bulls jersey. That was the issue. The white/red home bulls jersey matched perfectly with the shoes. Not the away jerseys. Same issue with the carmines. Didn't match none of the jerseys.
From what I recall is the opposite to your opinion, they were always near the pink side moreso than red. I thought the 3lab5 infrared looks nearly identical to the shade my vi's looked when I had the og black and whites. If the 2014's come close to the 3lab5 infrared, I wouldn't mind. By the way the pics that leaked, it looks like jb has got the og infrared back on it's palette in the correct shade. I just hope they don't end up like the last retros.

Last edited:
I don't know why....but I like the varsity red better. Sometimes you can improve on original designs

dont even care that nothing goes with these, plain white T is fine wit me, not boutta buy a matching pink shirt that JB gonna be putting out

Back
Top Bottom