Nike Air Max 90 Hyperfuse "Infrared"

I've been highly anticipating these for too long not to score so I bought a resale pair. I don't see myself having much luck with NDC anytime soon and thats frustrating. 

Can someone explain the hype for these?  Not a huge fan at all.
laugh.gif
 prob because they're a classic am90 colorway

the "hype" on these (the reason they sold out so fast) is these dudes that just want any retro/QS/limited shoe no matter what it is. like the dude above mentioned about the kid bringing up J's, hypebeasts.

Can someone explain the hype for these?  Not a huge fan at all.

Hype? 21 pages so far isn't hype to me. And here's a crazy thing 21 useful, informative and interesting pages. I know it's crazy guys talking about kicks like grown ups and true enthusiasts. The Jordan area however IMHO is pure comedy. I can see why some are turned off a little by hyper-fusing a classic but to me it works. Sorry If I got off track a bit but the JB forum is turning to to a mirror of JB Brand is over hyped and less quality.

So I walk into my local Finish Line today wearing my Dolphin Speed Turfs, hoping.....wishing they might have my size in these Infrareds. So this employee walks up to me....looks at my feet and says "Nice kicks. What are those?"
laugh.gif
...So I tell him, then ask if they got the infrareds in. He says "Which ones?" So I point at the Livestrongs and say the 90's.
mean.gif
This kid comes back at me with " Nah, we don't got those BUT WE DO HAVE THESE J'S RIGHT HERE! AND WE GOT THE RAPTOR 7'S DROPPIN ON THE 1ST."
eyes.gif
This is where the minds are of some people in the sneaker game thes e days! Never NOT ONCE did I ask for J's!!! Nor did I mention them! I don't have them on my feet! So what makes you think that I want them???? So I said to this kid " Nah, I don't F with J's like that....Everyone and their mother does around here though." Lol He must have took offense to what I said because he just turned around and walked away.
roll.gif
Poor kid.
If they don't have a shoe, they're supposed to recommend you another shoe.

Dude was just doing his job. 

I dont think its hype.... its just a way to score quick money for some..... by nike tweeting left n right bout the release
U gt sme peeps beasting..... the livestrong cw still on eastbay so hw cme this particular color except from being "og" os that
Hard to come by on rd.... smh
Dude that dropped the info on local store... was a mom npop store? Or one of the chain stores?

For one, it's a turf shoe, not a trainer. Secondly, it's part of the sportswear catalog as are the 90s he was asking for. No one will be doing anything athletic in either shoe.

Now, if he went in wearing a pair of lunarglides and asked for the free powerlines and the guy suggested some jordans, I could see a problem with that. 

If they don't have a shoe, they're supposed to recommend you another shoe.

Dude was just doing his job. 

Okay....so why not offer the Livestrongs??? It's the same exact model I was looking for just in a different CW...or maybe one of the other 5 AM 90's sitting right there? ShhT, maybe even some 95's? I guess my point is he didn't know what the kicks were on my feet...(which is kind of crazy since his store sells the other 2 CW's) and he didn't know what I was referring to when I said "Infrareds" (which is common knowledge for most)....But you bet your *** he knew what J's were! :rofl:

This release was a joke on so many different levels. For one, Nike made production numbers in laughable amount for a classic colorway which made them nearly impossible to get.

Then, I go on eBay and see all these goons trying to sell for $215.00+

I'm not going to knock someones hustle on reselling because I've done my share of it, but at least know which sneakers to resell to make the time and hassle even worth it.

Some of these idiots will be lucky to make even $20.00 after fees and shipping. I guess they can go buy their dollar menu fast food for the week. :smh:

Luckily I was able to order a pair from my friend in Hong Kong for $145 shipped, but I shouldn't have to venture off and buy from overseas shops for a sneaker that should be easily obtained.

The game is going down the drain..might need to find a new hobby soon.

for those that have them, true these run pretty big? I copped an 11 in the Air Max 1 NRG Hyperfuse, but 10.5 is my true size in Jordans and Roshe's.

Wondering if I can get away with a 10.5. The 11's in the Max 1's feel great.

for those that have them, true these run pretty big? I copped an 11 in the Air Max 1 NRG Hyperfuse, but 10.5 is my true size in Jordans and Roshe's.
Wondering if I can get away with a 10.5. The 11's in the Max 1's feel great.
The size 11 Air Max 1 Hyp NRG wasn't too loose? I'm in the same boat as you...my true size is 10.5. I was able to get a sz 10.5 and 11.0 in the Air Max 90 NRG yesterday but they're coming in the mail so I can't give you any feedback about fit until they come in. With trainers, I usually go half size up or true to size. My running shoes are a whole size up (11.5) since my feet swells after long runs or during marathon training. 

Huh if he was wearing a training shoe and asking for a running shoe why would they be recommending a basketball shoe?

That's how they are trained to work. Some of y'all are trying way too hard to clown people. What makes an employee think I want socks or sneaker cleaner? Nothing. They're instructed to push product. They are salespeople. That's how the job works.

Walked into my local footlocker and knew it was a long shot but I tried.  They did however have the reverse infrared air max 90's on sale like $80

Back
Top Bottom