Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Phantom

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Heroes Pack

Votes: 68 20.1%
  • SVSM

Votes: 20 5.9%

• Total voters
That being on GOAT doesn't mean they'll be releasing. There are some Kobe 4 Protro that are on there that hasn't released.
Screenshot_20200308_143449.jpg

I don't like the purple flywire, makes it look violet. Wonder if there is a different one (yellow accents and purple outsole) from this pair.

My bad just saw this, that golden sz13, confirmed order and all and Nike just plain dropped the ball, been looking everywhere but still can’t seem to find my sz. alchemist iq alchemist iq

Last edited:
Those LeBron PE’s are clean. Those would make a fine addition to the collection but I see Bron still on that schtick where he wears fire PE’s that will never see the light of day at retail |l haven’t felt that way about one of his shoes in a while.

The thing with Mike was that his were minor change ups on actual release models...His number stitched on the heel of the 5’s, low cut version of the black/red 11’s etc...

At that time Kobe was rocking PE’s on his sigs, fans could get pretty close with Nike ID...

Both Mike and Kobe had PE’s that fans couldn’t get but they were few and far between...Generally they wore colorways that the fans could buy in store...Bron did this in his early years too, with minor change ups on GR colorways...Somewhere along the line he decided he’d just get down with wearing unobtainable PE’s 95% of the time...

Causes some disconnect with me on his sigs sometimes...Why should I get super excited about his sneakers when I can only buy colorways that he himself might wear one time, and usually around the shoes release date?

Nike just needs to get back to releasing four or five colorways of a signature model each year and making sure their athletes actually wear that colorway...

Yeah I've said this before, seeing 10-15 releases of a shoe ruins a shoe for me. Give me 3-6 releases and I'm good but they're never going back to those days.

He’s always had PE’s, 4’s for example had a bunch, but he’d always mainly wear a GR colorway with maybe an extra added detail (Alternate color swoosh, or number added on somewhere)...Not full on colorways that’ll never see retail...

This almost strictly wearing PE’s stuff really picked up about a decade and a half ago now...The player that really sticks out in my mind with kicking this off was Ray Allen...Lebron started heavy with it around the 9’s if my memory serves and now it’s certainly commonplace among almost the entire league...

Some of the blame can be put on the NBA re-working the uniform rules to allow players more freedom in the colorways they wear, and there’s always that element of wanting what we can’t have...But tell me it doesn’t feel special when you can strap up the same exact shoe your favorite player wears night in and night out, as opposed to wearing a GR colorway that he MAYBE wore one time for half a game...That’s what’s really lost on modern basketball sneakers 🤷‍♂️...

Back
Top Bottom