Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

Might want to check your local outlets.

I stopped by Vegas South outlet this past weekend and was pleasantly surprised to find numerous Pegasus 35 colorways (samples?) on hash for $60 before an additional 20% off. I only checked size 10, but there might have been other sizes. There were 2-3 more in addition to these pictured. They rang up as Men's Summer Samples on the receipt. I picked up the bronze/yellow-ish colorway, just couldn't pass at that price.

IMG_20180701_124258.jpg

IMG_20180630_200905365.jpg

Now to see if they actually release in a way they can be bought or the BS they did all of last year with the 4%

One would think that they would pop up on a couple of the running retail sites for preorder very soon then...

Tired of waiting on the salmon colored sole 35s to release and be my first pair. I might grab the citron and crimson ones with that 20% disco on FL and break the 35 ice. Then the salmons when they come out with a pair of Turbos in Aug. I checked two factory stores today to see if I could find 'samples' of these. I did find a lot of samples on the wall, but no 35s :ohwell:

Attachments

• peg35.jpg
    peg35.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 24
Running Warehouse has the August 2nd date as well with three color options listed. $180 price tag confirmed.

Nice! Here's some more details from Running Warehouse:

Screen Shot 2018-07-04 at 09.37.19.png

Description Details:
Featuring the same midsole material as the Vaporfly 4%, the Nike Zoom Pegasus 35 Turbo is a lighter, faster version of the coveted Pegasus 35.

What's New
  • The upgraded Zoom X midsole reduces weight and increases responsiveness.
  • The new Flymesh upper is lighter, stronger and more breathable than the mesh found on the Pegasus 35.
Combining the ZoomX midsole of the Vaporfly 4% with a full-length Zoom Air unit, the Turbo aims to provide an extremely bouncy ride while remaining super lightweight.

To further reduce weight while adding breathable durability, this shoe received a Flymesh upper. Finished off with Flywire cables in the midfoot, the Turbo should have no problem securing your foot to the platform at wicked fast paces.

Technology Details:
MIDSOLE
  • ZoomX foam technology delivers Nike's greatest energy return, providing ultimate responsiveness and cushioning for long distance racing.
  • Full-Length Zoom Air delivers a smooth and responsive ride that is dispersed evenly across the shoe.
OUTSOLE
  • Duralon blown rubber located in the forefoot provides multi-surface traction.
  • BRS 1000 carbon rubber provides durable traction.
  • Waffle outsole design in the forefoot provides multi-surface traction and a touch of cushioning, with adjusted waffle lug positioning to better cushion forces absorbed on impact.
  • Rubber Crash Rail on the lateral side acts as a cushioning device for smoother transitions and enhanced flexibility.
UPPER
  • Flymesh offers lightweight breathability and seamless support for an adaptive fit.
  • Flywire Cables provide necessary support and unmatched fit while reducing the shoes overall weight.
  • Partial mesh bootie wraps the foot for a plush, supportive fit.

Full Zoom AND Zoom X?! Since that's the case for the P35T, I'll pass on the P35s lol ***unless I can get them for under $70.

Based on some reviews during the testing stage, I think a lot of people will be disappointed. Pretty sure the Turbos will be less soft/comfortable than the Peg 35. Probably better for fast days/racing, but not as good for daily training and casual. Also ZoomX has well documented longevity issues.

I have to admit, with 4% when you're standing still on them, there's that "unstable" feeling because it's so "squishy". Im hoping Turbo would be more "stable". But Im copping regardless :lol:

Also ZoomX has well documented longevity issues.

So much depends on how ZoomX is being used. Trail vs. Road, heel striker vs midfoot. I've gotten 626 miles out of my Ice Blue VF4% but I used them exclusively on the road and for mostly faster running. Additionally, the Peg Turbo will have a rubber outsole. Most of the longevity problems on the VF4% were due to the exposed ZoomX scraping away.

How do the Peg 35s hold up as "trainers?" I'm not a huge runner but I generally run a couple miles a day before lifting. Do they have a decent lateral stability for lifting, plyo, etc?

It's hard to find Peg Turbo images, but I managed to find some fakes:

That IG account looks very suspect, but the shoes themselves look pretty good. RW is showing three CW's, Barely Grey, Black/Grey, and Sail/Blue Hero.

I'd pin the first image as the Black/Grey, the second image as the Barely Grey, and the 4th image as the Sail/Blue Hero. I guess we'll have to just wait and see, but the shoes in those images are believable to me.

Edit: I've also seen pics of Geoffrey Kamworor training in a CW that looks like the one in the 6th image, the one with the grey upper and crimson swoosh + racing stripe:

Last edited:
i wouldn't recommend them especially with the full length zoom air, it might feel wobbly depending on the plyo move you're doing

with that said, i'd look into the epic react as i feel that midsole is more stable and solid while giving good energy return for those jumps and hops, they're also very nice running shoe

lateral support may not be the best but i feel it is sufficient enough for skater jumps or lateral box jumps

Back
Top Bottom