Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

Does anyone have the Pegasus Turbo AND the Vomero 14s? I'm looking for a good comparison report.

I do. I can get back to you later if that’s cool

Sure. Just mostly curious about the cushioning feel between the 2. Might just end up ordering a pair of each on line anyway to see for myself. I'd have to drive about an hour to get to a running store that would have both to try on.

Sure. Just mostly curious about the cushioning feel between the 2. Might just end up ordering a pair of each on line anyway to see for myself. I'd have to drive about an hour to get to a running store that would have both to try on.

There is no comparison in the cushioning IMO. Pegasus turbo much softer than vomero. Had Pegasus on right foot put vomero on left and I could not get the vomero back in the box fast enough to ship back to Nike. Just did that 2 hours ago.

There is no comparison in the cushioning IMO. Pegasus turbo much softer than vomero. Had Pegasus on right foot put vomero on left and I could not get the vomero back in the box fast enough to ship back to Nike. Just did that 2 hours ago.

With the Odyssey React now a very light stability shoe/LunarGlide replacement, I'd imagine the firmness is in part to bridge the gap between the Vomero and discontinued Zoom Odyssey, the short-lived max stability shoe (and itself a replacement for the Equalon). So that way, the shoe fits the needs of more consumers who might not otherwise be willing to spend $140+.

With the Odyssey React now a very light stability shoe/LunarGlide replacement, I'd imagine the firmness is in part to bridge the gap between the Vomero and discontinued Zoom Odyssey, the short-lived max stability shoe (and itself a replacement for the Equalon). So that way, the shoe fits the needs of more consumers who might not otherwise be willing to spend $140+.

I'm still not happy they discontinued the Zoom Odyssey. While a bit firm, they were about as good a feel as I've ever had for my flat feet. The stability in the Odyssey React is nowhere near enough. I could get by with the Structures, but I don't think the heel toe transition on those is very good...I wish they'd move back to heel and forefoot zoom in those.

Apologies for going off topic but I feel there are more active runners in here.

For my guys running in 40 degF weather or below, what running pants other than Nike would you recommend?

I have some tights and 2 pairs of Nike Therma’s I run in but the tights I feel are restrictive and need more than two pairs of pants since I’m running more now in preparation for an upcoming 1/2. TIA

For my guys running in 40 degF weather or below, what running pants other than Nike would you recommend?

I have some tights and 2 pairs of Nike Therma’s I run in but the tights I feel are restrictive and need more than two pairs of pants since I’m running more now in preparation for an upcoming 1/2. TIA
Therma is good. I use tech fleece joggers and heat gear I pick up for cheap on eBay.

Whole outfit

Therma element long sleeve
Therma hoodie
Beanie
Running tights
Tech fleece joggers or therma pants
Elite basketball socks
Shoes haha
North face gloves

Around 30 or 40 I wear my Nike Speed Tights as they are a little thicker. Below 30 I throw a pair of pants over that.

I really like the Smartwool PhD line for cold running gear. If you can snag a pair of the wind tights for ~$100, it's worth it https://www.mountainsteals.com/product/smartwool-men-s-phd-wind-tight_10384157. I've run down to 15 degrees in them with winds up to 15ish mph and felt fine. For anything below 35 degrees, I wear the PhD wind tights, Nike Pro cold gear long sleeve and a PhD down running vest and feel comfortable along with a stocking cap and light gloves.

I'm still not happy they discontinued the Zoom Odyssey. While a bit firm, they were about as good a feel as I've ever had for my flat feet. The stability in the Odyssey React is nowhere near enough. I could get by with the Structures, but I don't think the heel toe transition on those is very good...I wish they'd move back to heel and forefoot zoom in those.

Me either, Nike keeps on discontinuing my favorite running shoes. The Glides were great, their more expensive brother the LunarEclipse were great, the Equalon was a monster, the Odyssey was the best stability shoe on the market, and they have shelved them all. The Odyssey React I would not even consider a stability shoe; they are a straight cushioned neutral shoe that has the same ride as the Epic Reacts, just $30 cheaper because they have a mesh upper and not Flyknit.

The last week it’s been in the 30’s when I run. That’s extremely cold for us Bay Area, Northern California folks. I still wear shorts, but as long as I stay warm up top, with a hoodie, beanie and gloves im solid.

You and me both. I think it just wasn't a good seller. Actually this and the LunarTempo are both 2-year models associated with Ashton Eaton that were discontinued when he retired.

But I think most casual runners don't associate Nike with stability. Certainly older runners don't, in general.

Whenever the temperature or wind chill is at or below freezing, I run in the 2XU Hyoptik (reflective logo) Thermal Compression Tights. That or the regular, non-reflective thermal compression tights can be found at discount online. The sizing is similar to Nike but the fit and functionality is better in my opinion. Also, they’re a bit warmer.

However, if it’s cold but not too cold, I prefer running in the Nike Pro 3/4 Training Tights (838055), worm under shorts.

You might like this thread I started, earlier this year: https://niketalk.com/threads/nike-performance-running-master-thread.670326/

You and me both. I think it just wasn't a good seller. Actually this and the LunarTempo are both 2-year models associated with Ashton Eaton that were discontinued when he retired.

But I think most casual runners don't associate Nike with stability. Certainly older runners don't, in general.

Yeah Nike made a mistake. Early 2017 they said they would go to one stable shoe, the Structure. They now realise that is a mistake and are currently working on a high support high cushioned shoe (e.g. lunar eclipse/ Zoom Odessey). Unfortualy for now we have to live through this bad decission, but trust me, the night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming.

Also Flyknit Odessey launching same time as Epic 2. Will be only online and most likely only Factory stores as well.

Yeah Nike made a mistake. Early 2017 they said they would go to one stable shoe, the Structure. They now realise that is a mistake and are currently working on a high support high cushioned shoe (e.g. lunar eclipse/ Zoom Odessey). Unfortualy for now we have to live through this bad decission, but trust me, the night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming.

Also Flyknit Odessey launching same time as Epic 2. Will be only online and most likely only Factory stores as well.

The Flyknit Odyssey are on RRS for pre order in two CWs.

I'd really love for Nike to get a more firm foam going. On days at the gym where I'm not squatting, cleaning, or deadlifting, I like to wear running shoes for the added cushion, but everything they've put out lately feels like a marshmallow. I have the Pegasus 35 and Odyssey React, but I'm afraid to get any kind of weight on them. I fell in love with the Asics Roadhawk FF 2, though.

I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I tend to place versatility and low chance of injury at the top of my wants in a shoe. And before anyone says anything, no I've never found a trainer that's a suitable runner/walking shoe.

Really? Can't wait if true!

I'd really love for Nike to get a more firm foam going. On days at the gym where I'm not squatting, cleaning, or deadlifting, I like to wear running shoes for the added cushion, but everything they've put out lately feels like a marshmallow. I have the Pegasus 35 and Odyssey React, but I'm afraid to get any kind of weight on them. I fell in love with the Asics Roadhawk FF 2, though.

I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I tend to place versatility and low chance of injury at the top of my wants in a shoe. And before anyone says anything, no I've never found a trainer that's a suitable runner/walking shoe.

You'll probably need to go for the cheaper running shoes.. The Peg 35's are near the top of the chain and have some of the better cushioning. Maybe look for something with much thinner sole if you want to stick with running shoes.

I do everything from squats to boxing in peg 33’s and 34’s with zero problems

Back
Top Bottom