Nike Air Structure Triax 91 Infrared - Appreciation Thread

black toe infareds are
pimp.gif
i'm glad i own a pair

if i could, i would move this to sneaker showcase.....my powers aren't great enough yet...

...i own one pair of structures and you know what color they are?....yup....and i love em lol

Originally Posted by fersnash

This shoe sucks. Comfort is horrid.
They felt pretty damn good to me, and I wore my true size. I wonder what they would feel like if I went that half size down.

sz 12.5 anyone?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by INFAMOUS

How do you guys clean the front toe mesh ? Mine is beat, and I want restore it for the summer.

Spray the mesh with Oxi-Clean or Shout. Then wash it out with a little water.

**OPTIONAL** throw the shoes into the washing machine; make sure you take out the insoles and laces. Put it on the delicate spin cycle and then let the shoesair dry. The Oxi-Clean and Shout may cause some parts of the mesh to turn yellow if you don't wash off all of the spray.

Take out the insole before you do this; the infrared insole may bleed onto the mesh when wet.

The person complaining about comfort, switch out the insoles with gel insoles or even zoom-air insoles if you have any...comfort will be far better.

I like the comfort of these shoes as my feet aren't heavy and the shoe itself is light. I did have to .5 size down from 11 to 10.5 probably because I haveskinny feet.

Mayhem, that's the other euro cw ima snatch up...eventually...so clean...can't go wrong wit grey and purple....wore mine yesterday....
pimp.gif

The US black toes and the Euro blue toes are definitely appreciated. Their crappy painted midsoles, however, aren't.

If I stick with my true size in these, will it matter?
and btw, is $120 shipped a good price for a DS pair?

I would advise going down half a size for sure.. that toebox is so roomy and FLIMSY. I get by barely with the size I have thats a bit too big, as i do withmost shoes I wear. so if you have to buy to size, you should be OKAY.. at this point in time, there is no true ability to choose your size.

and bigben1986, youre right. thats the one thing holding back this shoe from retro of the year past 5 year award.. simple colorway but the toebox is just soflimsy.

This whole thread imo is a reflection of Nike's lack of true basic original colorways coming out. It's kind of sad, but to of no fault to the usershere. 9 years back, this was the norm.. But now it deserves an appreciation because of just how "rare" and nice and basic a c/w and release like thiswas.

0aa25bc4b060dc85c3bb6fdc4c289999978f27b.jpg

vagrantpistol, as far as yellowing, I would say the midsole tends toabsorb the white paint over time and that blended with the dirt penetrating the midsole gives it a yellowish tint for sure.. it also doesnt help they are dirtmagnets so some people want them looking WHITE and bright forever and thats just not realistic, so a small tint of yellowing which is normal with this pair,gets a few people very upset

I also sometimes have a arch issue with the medial side of the shoe. theres that black plastic/rubber piece that goes from the ankle to meet up with themidsole, that hits my arch of my foot almost creating its own arch support.. its uncomfortable at times but i get used to it.. maybe thats a built in featureof the shoe and im just not used to it?

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

I also sometimes have a arch issue with the medial side of the shoe. theres that black plastic/rubber piece that goes from the ankle to meet up with the midsole, that hits my arch of my foot almost creating its own arch support.. its uncomfortable at times but i get used to it.. maybe thats a built in feature of the shoe and im just not used to it?
Maybe on the original shoe it was designed to provide support for the arch (AFAIK Tinker Hatfield designed this shoe so functional design elementslike that wouldn't surprise me) but since it's a retro, I think of it as just something made for aesthetics and not for function.

Back
Top Bottom