Nike Air Trainer 3 retro's over the years

yeah, i wasn't planning on tell them...i give them more than enough money, i'm looking at it like a buy back at the bar....

I've noticed the lack of receipts have become a thing since SNKRS. I've also had straight NDC orders show up w/ no receipt either. Never really gave it much thought until I wanted to return an online order in store and didn't have a receipt.

You would but there isn't an invoice/receipt anymore with a return shipping label. You have to log in and print a return label now.

So something odd happened to me  today and I wanted to see if anyone else ever had anything like this happen when ordering from NDC.

Posting here only because the order contained mostly Trainer 3s

A week and half ago while Nike was running their 20% off on sale items and while Ebates was doing 15% back at NDC, I placed an order. Two pairs of the black and gray Air Trainer 3 LE 815758 001,  one size 7 for my lady and one size 11.5 for myself. I also threw in a pair of Air Tech Challenge II Hot Lava 2016 318408 104.

4 days go by and I get an email saying the Tech Challenge are no longer available and have been removed from my order and I will not be charged.

OK that's fine, I was tripling up anyway, no big deal.

The next day I get an email saying my order has shipped.

I come in to the office today after taking a long weekend to find two large nike boxes by my desk.

I open the first box and it has two pairs of the Air Trainer 3 LE, one size 7 and one size 11.5.....

So what's in the other box, I don't recall buying anything else lately....

I open the second box, pull out the first pair and I find the Air Tech Challenge that NDC said was no longer available.... pull out the second pair and it is another pair of the Air Trainer 3 LE in a size 11.5!!!!!!!

WTF!!!

I log on to my account to make sure I didn't accidently order two pairs and NO, I didn't, only 1 pair on the order and the order still shows the ATC IIs as cancelled.

I check my credit card and there is only one charge, for the two pairs.

I check both boxes and neither has a receipt..

What the hell is going on?

How does this happen?

Has anyone ever had anything like this happen with NDC?

Do you think I am going to be charged for the two extra pairs?
When NDC does 20 or 25% off sales, they are returns from stores that didnt sell. They come from a different warehouse then typical NDC inventory and the systems dont seem to overlap real numbers correctly. 

But basically someone F'd up on your order, sometimes they charge for the mistake but Im sure they've probably wrote off the lost cuz those sales are quarterly to clean the books. 

Also your email will suffice incase you dont have a receipt 

I know I'm way late, however, anyone know any retailers that still have the medicine ball or black gum available (size 10.5)?  Passed on NIB medicine ball for $55 the other day on eBay; kicking myself!

I know I'm way late, however, anyone know any retailers that still have the medicine ball or black gum available (size 10.5)?  Passed on NIB medicine ball for $55 the other day on eBay; kicking myself!
Nah. These have pretty much dried up in stores. eBay is probably your only hope at this point

Anyone have the shale colorway?  How's it in person?  Does the midsole crack on these PRM versions?

If anyone has an extra size 10.5, and willing to help out a fellow AT3 enthusiast, please let me know; thank you in advance!

If you're referring to these:

This is after about 18 months of semi-beater usage:
Yes, that's the one. So looks like some cracking, but not horrible. How do you like them overall?

I still can't believe with all the AT3s over the past 2 years they didn't retro the OG navy colorway. Anyone have an ear to a Nike rep who can explain why?!

$39.99, no joke. Bought my wife a pair, no size 14s so I'm still on the hunt.

Last edited:

Yes, that's the one. So looks like some cracking, but not horrible. How do you like them overall?

I still can't believe with all the AT3s over the past 2 years they didn't retro the OG navy colorway. Anyone have an ear to a Nike rep who can explain why?!
I really like them. Look very nice with blue jeans.

However, my pinky-toe took a severe battering for about the first month until the shoes wore-in. 

If you can get 'em cheap, I recommend.

I initially wanted the mints because they matched my phone, but were none in my size so "settled" for the shales. Thank goodness, don't know what in the hell I was thinking there.

Wearing my 2001 Navy's today. They've been worn a few times, so hopefully the midsole won't crumble/separate.  These are super comfortable; not sure if it's b/c the PU is soft from degradation, or if they were just made differently back then.  That said, my 2009 medicine balls are also quite comfortable.  Really need a retro of this navy colorway....damn you Nike!

Wearing my 2001 Navy's today. They've been worn a few times, so hopefully the midsole won't crumble/separate.  These are super comfortable; not sure if it's b/c the PU is soft from degradation, or if they were just made differently back then.  That said, my 2009 medicine balls are also quite comfortable.  Really need a retro of this navy colorway....damn you Nike!

pics? :nerd:

i'd also really like them to re-release this colorway...its overdue...

View media item 2202217

Yes, need more. There was also a chlorophyll color way floating around as well.

Yes, need more. There was also a chlorophyll color way floating around as well.
But just in kid sizes...
pics?
nerd.gif

i'd also really like them to re-release this colorway...its overdue...
These and the medicine balls are the most beautiful AT3s of all time!

Here you go.  Lots of paint cracking, which I expected, however, left shoe began so crumble; may no longer be wearable....crap.  It's driving me nuts that with all of this model that they retroed the past couple of years, they refuse to bring back this OG coloway!

View media item 2206076

View media item 2206077

View media item 2206078

Beautiful !! I had those in sz 12 but sold a few months ago , I would kill for a descent retro of those , I would buy all the sz 12a ha ha

Beautiful !! I had those in sz 12 but sold a few months ago , I would kill for a descent retro of those , I would buy all the sz 12a ha ha
Glad we're a diff size then!

The plastic on the back vs. the front toe must be diff as they tend to yellow at diff rates and shades.  Even the latest 2014 MB new has a slightly diff shade on each of the pieces (more brown on the back, and more bone white on the front).

Too bad my favorite shoes of all time (Trainer 3s and Jordan 4s) both have bad cracking problems, even on recent retros.  I miss the OG days when the white midsole would just yellow, and the colored portion would scuff but not peel or crack....SMH.

The beauty's just came in

Congrats on the pickup!  Love the color blocking on this model (when they don't do monotone versions of course); so awesome.

Now that I have these in hand as well, I have some observations compared to the 2009:

- The leather really is only marginally better.  You really have to inspect it carefully to conclude that it's probably slightly better.  Eyes closed it would be hard to tell from feel only.  I don't touch it and think "wow, this is premium".  That was disappointing.

- The toe box shape is better, but otherwise the shoe appears identical other than the lack of blue on the outsold tread of course.

- The premium label probably only pertains to the leather tongue liner (which makes it stiffer), and leather insole (which people noted bleeds).

- I like the liner better on these as it won't ball up like the cotton on the '09s.  Though I prefer the leather on the outer color on the '09s to the mesh on these, which is not OG, and harder to keep clean.

- The front and back plastic are not the same shade (the '09s were a consistent shade, albeit darker brown that these); back is slightly more brown.  I'm conflicted, b/c I prefer the look of white over the obviously brown in the '09s, however, the brown doesn't show the yellowing, so in the long run, the brown tint will help make them look nicer.  These having slightly diff shades (bone in the front, and slightly brown on the back) makes them look a little off as though the back has already aged.

Overall I'm happy to have a backup pair.  My '09s are in perfect condition except for the cracking on the midsole, which is a damn shame b/c it makes me feel as though they're now beaters.  If it weren't for the cracking, I wouldn't really want these as they really are virtually identical in quality, and I'm not looking forward to the insole ruining my white socks ;-).

Such a unique shoe though, and now I can get more wear by wearing the old ones in beater conditions (where I would never wear them previously), and wear these other times.  Really want the indigos badly; how can we petition Nike?  It blows my mind that they retro these several times and not the blues...hmm...

Anyway, glad I was able to get these so far after launch (from a retailer) at discount (though not as discounted as many of you got (jealouse of the $32/pair guy!).  If I had to choose, I'd keep all of my Trainer 3s and Jordan 4s, and get rid of the rest of the collection; such awesome designs!

Reactions: ARK
Back
Top Bottom