Nike Air Trainer 3 retro's over the years

It amazes me how Nike knows the market for the viotechs and these. Maybe they thought the viotechs would be very niche as the color scheme is not very wearable and only enthusiasts would like them, so they produced them in very limited quantities to build some buzz around the model. Then release the Navys on a wider scale as a GR knowing they're very wearable and easier to sell thru. Since the factory is tooled up for the model, it's just a change of materials/colors to switch over.

Still don't understand why not the OG Navys. Even the description notes a "This remake combines retro colors"; so freak'n infuriating. OG would have been just as sellable, and it's been 19 years....please Nike, please explain this one to us!

Also blows my mind that they sell us the shoe with white plastic components, but in-hand it's not even close; how does that even make sense? Lighting in the pics, or they literally changed up the materials during production? Makes no sense. Rant over....
definitely agree...just another time of Nike not giving us the consumer what we really want

Yea, just bought em. Thought they were releasing the end of June.
5172020133019.jpg

Nice! So why do all the beauty shots show white plastic while the NTer's in-hand pic show them clearly off white/bone?

How do we explain why resellers haven't cleaned these Navys out:

1. They have an inside scoop on production volume and knew the Viotechs would be super limited w/ high relative demand, while these would be the opposite? (How could they know this?)

2. They did in fact bot up just as many of these, but the much higher production resulted in no impact on available inventory, and they'll be stuck with dumping or returning what they got when no one needs to pay resell.

3. They monitor this forum & know what's hyped.

4. Other?

These aren't signature Jordans, and generally coveted only my niche enthusiasts, so it's interesting to see how various colorways popularity varies so wildly. Think Horse Racing & Super Bowl selling out vs. the myriad of other non-OG colorways sitting. I just want Nike to release the other (grey & navy) colorways, and for resellers to leave us alone so we can buy in peace.

I believe the big resellers do know the what the stores are getting and how many, but I don't think that's what happened with the viotechs. It was only released on SNKRS so everyone tries to buy first and then decide what to do afterwards since Nike's return policy is so lenient.

Bone can sometimes look off white. I used to have bone colored dunk highs. Also lighting changes the look. After awhile bone can look a little less white.

1. They have an inside scoop on production volume and knew the Viotechs would be super limited w/ high relative demand, while these would be the opposite? (How could they know this?)

2. They did in fact bot up just as many of these, but the much higher production resulted in no impact on available inventory, and they'll be stuck with dumping or returning what they got when no one needs to pay resell.

4. Other?

These aren't signature Jordans, and generally coveted only my niche enthusiasts, so it's interesting to see how various colorways popularity varies so wildly. Think Horse Racing & Super Bowl selling out vs. the myriad of other non-OG colorways sitting. I just want Nike to release the other (grey & navy) colorways, and for resellers to leave us alone so we can buy in peace.
Demand. The crowd ain't really interested in these. Imo.

I believe the big resellers do know the what the stores are getting and how many, but I don't think that's what happened with the viotechs. It was only released on SNKRS so everyone tries to buy first and then decide what to do afterwards since Nike's return policy is so lenient.

Makes sense. Do you think resellers knew the Navy's weren't worthwhile, or they actually did buy?

Bone can sometimes look off white. I used to have bone colored dunk highs. Also lighting changes the look. After awhile bone can look a little less white.

I'm interested to see more in-hand pics. For me, the white is amazing, while the bone (in the earlier in-hand pic above) just irritates me. I wonder if there's any variation in production (diff factory/materials). If so, if mine aren't white I may buy another one to compare....hate having to do that though.

Makes sense. Do you think resellers knew the Navy's weren't worthwhile, or they actually did buy?

I'm interested to see more in-hand pics. For me, the white is amazing, while the bone (in the earlier in-hand pic above) just irritates me. I wonder if there's any variation in production (diff factory/materials). If so, if mine aren't white I may buy another one to compare....hate having to do that though.

not sure, but the navy's don't really stand out like the viotechs.

Navy's look good in those pics

Retros are never in demand unless they're a collab or hyped

Buy what you like, right?! Either way, I copped because they are a dope shoe. Hopefully these resellers will level out, buying out every release is just crazy!

i think im gonna get the navys and not the viotechs.

the viotechs are dope but i feel like im gonna wear them like 10 times a year and then sell them five years from now.

the navys are more of a "daily" cw for me and i feel like i would wear those into the ground.

was lucky enough to get both, will wear Navys into the ground as well.

Scooped up a pair on Tuesday and was pleasantly surprised by the no notice drop. Honestly feel like anything that gets put on the SNKRS app gets attacked. ACG sandals selling out is not normal. If these would've went to SNKRS app the result might've been different.

Still salty about the red swoosh but they're still dope. I hope they release the OG grey pair as well and hopefully we get these in the Cholorpyll color way unless that was just a PS rumor.

4. Other?

i think they know production numbers...those on the inside may even have connects in the factories where they are being produced to get this info. the resell market and bot use has exploded over the past decade...simply because there is so much money to be made.

what ive noticed for these type of releases, like the navy trainers, is that when stock starts selling out and scarcity increases, the resellers start hoarding. a shoe that comes to mind are the marina air max BWs, when they were easily going for $60-80 on ebay, suddenly every pair just disappeared. i personally believe the resellers bought them all up to hoard and dictate market price. they know eventually there will be a buyer for OG colorways or even popular silhouettes in good colorways that will net them 2-3x gains. in any type of market trading whether it be forex, crypto or even sneaker resale, a 2-3x gain is a huge come up.

Last edited:
That makes a lot of sense. I agree that had they dropped on SNKRS it could have been diff, and ultimately resellers likely know more production details than we do. It still makes no sense that these weren't the OG Navys after all these years. That's a decision I'll never understand unless someone at Nike explains how that conversation went down.

Back
Top Bottom