Nike Air Trainer 3 retro's over the years

^^Hey pwguy, what's your take on the Medicine Balls from last yr? Had them but sold them, thought they would be better quality but still regret selling them.

I actually skipped them b/c I have the '09 and '14s. The only downside of the '14s is the leather insole (which stops bleeding after a while). I actually like the lining, which isn't OG but comfy. If I didn't have the '14s, I would have gotten the '19s for sure; I thought they were decent. Only thing I don't like about them is the orangish color on the edge of the leather; thought that looked off, but not a big deal.

I actually like the orange lining on the MB
20200225_190357.jpg

^^I hear ya.....just glad we're getting something though. Copped the navy's so can't wait to rock them.

I actually like the orange lining on the MB
20200225_190357.jpg

Yeah, a lot of people liked that. If I didn't have the previous 2 retros I'd be all over those; they were well done and definitely worth having if you don't have MBs and like MBs!

pwguy pwguy
How's the general leather/pleather quality? The sides behind the swoosh look like med balls quality, which isn't a bad thing.

That flash photo is a big NO for me. The 3m combined with soggy dirty looking rubber elements, that should be white, or age all at once. That's a pretty candid photo. Looks like a kids shoe in some regard.

Time to break out some 5-15 year old trainers and call it good. Unless you all feel the quality has a chance to

pwguy pwguy
How's the general leather/pleather quality? The sides behind the swoosh look like med balls quality, which isn't a bad thing.

That flash photo is a big NO for me. The 3m combined with soggy dirty looking rubber elements, that should be white, or age all at once. That's a pretty candid photo. Looks like a kids shoe in some regard.

Time to break out some 5-15 year old trainers and call it good. Unless you all feel the quality has a chance to

Quality isn't anything special and notnlike the MBs. It's fine though. Not trash like the era of 2013 Jordan FR5s for example.

Given to your general sentiment I think you should pass.

pwguy pwguy nice review.

The grey parts could also turn yellowish. I used to have the 2001 red white grey cw.
whitegreyred-large.jpg
s197379698143378305_p429_i4_w1616.jpeg
s197379698143378305_p429_i3_w1616.jpeg

Wow... Yeah... The color is a lot like those. Guess they'll yellow too. Oh well. I'll just enjoy them and hope an OG launches in the next decade.

I recall a pair launched with black instead of blue color blocking. (Not the all black.). I'd go for that too since the OG indigo was so close to black. Anyone have a Pic?

I had both 14 and 19 medicine balls and I preferred the 19. The shape was better on the 19 and of course I didn’t care for that leather insole that fades on your socks.

Also noticed on the navy pair the strap is bone but the rest is the light grey. 🤔

I love them though.

22CAEA3B-8239-4865-9BCE-0761E03D8D78.jpeg

So are we to assume this was Nike's go at the OG Navy's this time around, and we need to wait another 10-20 years for another attempt?

Yeah count me out...I’m already on the wrong side of my 30’s...No way I’m entertaining the thought that I’d ever own a pair...

Back
Top Bottom