Nike Air VaporMax

So...wore em at the gym and snapped a few more pics. They are significantly more comfortable and stable than your normal vapormax setup. It almost makes me mad that the normal pairs dont have cushlon. These are an entirely different animal.
Yeah you’ve sold me on these as well. Oh well, New Year’s Resolution is one pair of sneakers a month. Looks like I’ll burn my January ticket on these:nthat:

It's funny how people are liking the extra cushion on those. The whole point of the air max line was for Nike to minimize, and eventually eliminate the midsole to get as close to walking on air as possible. The VM achieves this, and customers/fans are basically preferring the "old" approach...heh.

Those grey VM2.0 are looking good, however, I do NOT like the shape of that toe box....1.0s are much better in that regard.

It's funny how people are liking the extra cushion on those. The whole point of the air max line was for Nike to minimize, and eventually eliminate the midsole to get as close to walking on air as possible. The VM achieves this, and customers/fans are basically preferring the "old" approach...heh.

Those grey VM2.0 are looking good, however, I do NOT like the shape of that toe box....1.0s are much better in that regard.

don't really feel like im walking on air .. and yes I've broken all 3 pairs of mines in.. they stay stiff but i like the arch support

I find the regular vapormax Very comfortable pwguy pwguy . I probably logged around 1500 miles in vapormax last year (im being conservative) and I enjoyed every step. I think it’s a worthwhile ambition to remove bulk and get the air closer to the foot. Especially for a runner/active lifestyle shoe. The issue is balance and stability with a more adventure-forward setup. The more materials you add, the more distribution of weight and balance you need. The utility just has more going on, less control in the lacing system, so it needs more in the midsole, to better distribute the load. The cushlon does that very well. These aren’t like “hey we took the old thing and threw a layer in,” they’re a totally different shoe for totally different purposes.

Last edited:
I find the regular vapormax Very comfortable pwguy pwguy . I probably logged around 1500 miles in vapormax last year (im being conservative) and I enjoyed every step. I think it’s a worthwhile ambition to remove bulk and get the air closer to the foot. The issue is balance and stability. The more materials you add, the more distribution of weight and balance you need. The utility just has more going on, less control in the lacing system, so it needs more in the midsole, to better distribute the load. The cushlon does that very well. These aren’t like “hey we took the old thing and threw a layer in,” they’re a totally different shoe for totally different purposes.

Fair points; I agree it makes sense for this particular shoe.

Price point is keeping me away from the utilities. There are just too many other sneakers in the backlog that I'd rather spend the money on.

Got the utilities - things are tough. Fit true to vapormax size, extra Cushlon layer is nice - more comfortable sans breaking in (so far). The bag is also dope, the way the strap is mounted, it mimics the vapormax logo on the back of the shoe - toggle and laces on the bag are identical to the ones on the shoe as well. Very cool touch. 3M everything.

IMG_3871.jpg
IMG_3872.jpg
IMG_3873.jpg
IMG_3880.jpg
IMG_3885.jpg

Waiting for that black/orange pair. Hopefully they release soon or I might cave and buy those triple blacks. :tongue:

what else is calling your name?

Just some stuff that I'll have to pay resale for (couple pairs of UB, neon 97s, uptempos, no-signal nmd) and I want to grab a pair of Red Wing boots. Whenever there's a decent lull in releases I like to go back and pick up things I missed out on.

Got my first pair of VM in today, definitely a different fit on them, glad I went with 11.5 as a 12 or an 11 would have been to long & then too short. Need to wear them in because coming from Metcons & No Bull Trainers these are a much different fit. Glad to have them & I am sure I will get plenty of wear out of them.

Attachments

• 541979B9-4F90-4D35-A3CA-21E10E13A9BF.jpeg
    541979B9-4F90-4D35-A3CA-21E10E13A9BF.jpeg
    357.5 KB · Views: 19
Just happened to see someone's YouTube profile that had shoe reviews, and this one happened to pop up. Credit/props to MySqueakers for this. On-feet screenshots below... this rugged look is ******* sick! So far, we have one for TTS, and one for 1/2 size up...

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 9.49.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 9.50.01 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 9.49.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 9.49.42 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
Got my first pair of VM in today, definitely a different fit on them, glad I went with 11.5 as a 12 or an 11 would have been to long & then too short. Need to wear them in because coming from Metcons & No Bull Trainers these are a much different fit. Glad to have them & I am sure I will get plenty of wear out of them.

a nike employee told me to feel the most of your shoes it has to be a snug fit that way you feel the comfort of the air bubble.. he also said that it works the same with boost technology

Does the cushlon make these feel better on foot? Kinda want these but unsure if I'm going to pay around $250 all said and done.

I like the utilities but as a couple members have stated they don't seem weatherproof. I'm also not fond of $225 the same way I'm not fond of the ultraboost boot for $220-$240.

Not hating, I like em but my logic has set in on them. For original VM's there is no logic I just like em hahahaha

Does the cushlon make these feel better on foot? Kinda want these but unsure if I'm going to pay around $250 all said and done.
The cushlon is fantastic. It’s a different shoe than a normal vapormax. But does make the air bag feel far more comfortable and stable out the gate.

Back
Top Bottom