Nike Air VaporMax

7VU5Ebn.jpg

Got the utilities - things are tough. Fit true to vapormax size, extra Cushlon layer is nice - more comfortable sans breaking in (so far). The bag is also dope, the way the strap is mounted, it mimics the vapormax logo on the back of the shoe - toggle and laces on the bag are identical to the ones on the shoe as well. Very cool touch. 3M everything.

IMG_3871.jpg
IMG_3872.jpg
IMG_3873.jpg
IMG_3880.jpg
IMG_3885.jpg

Got the utilities - things are tough. Fit true to vapormax size, extra Cushlon layer is nice - more comfortable sans breaking in (so far). The bag is also dope, the way the strap is mounted, it mimics the vapormax logo on the back of the shoe - toggle and laces on the bag are identical to the ones on the shoe as well. Very cool touch. 3M everything.

IMG_3871.jpg
IMG_3872.jpg
IMG_3873.jpg
IMG_3880.jpg
IMG_3885.jpg

How are they for winter wear? Its a good weekend to find out in the NYC area. Wondering if they did anything to the flyknit to make it better at keeping feet warm in colder temps.

damnit!

trying to avoid VMs but those utilities might be a must haves

are they moving much, no hurry to buy now?

damnit!

trying to avoid VMs but those utilities might be a must haves

are they moving much, no hurry to buy now?
it was funny, the sales reps were sending pictures to all their friends, I think they will sell out in store, not online. When you see em in person, you will need to have them. Just that kind of shoe.

They look good there. I just noticed the rear is a blend of the 2.0 with the small swoosh and bandaid dots....

Was searching for some deals at Finishline and noticed a new cash back offer they have for Vapormax. RetailMeNot has $10 Cash Back on Nike Vapormax Flyknits + Extra $20 Back. Stackable with Winner's Circle Rewards I believe but don't quote me on that. Not sure why it wouldn't be though. Could bring the price down to $140-$150 after all of the rebates/rewards.

Last edited:

IMG_3871.jpg
IMG_3872.jpg
IMG_3873.jpg
IMG_3880.jpg
IMG_3885.jpg

Thanks for the photos. How do you think they will do in winter weather/wet conditions?

How are they for winter wear? Its a good weekend to find out in the NYC area. Wondering if they did anything to the flyknit to make it better at keeping feet warm in colder temps.
The knit isn’t much different. Different pattern but doesn’t seem to be treated.

IMG_3871.jpg
IMG_3872.jpg
IMG_3873.jpg
IMG_3880.jpg
IMG_3885.jpg

Great pictures! I was sold once you said it has a Cushlon midsole.

For anyone who does not know what Cushlon is, it is [at least in my opinion] such an underrated midsole foam used on Nike shoes. Almost every single Nike has Phylon nowadays except for the Pegasus line and now the Vapormax Utility and Kyrie 4. Coming from someone who's ran in the Pegasus shoes before, it is so much better.

it was funny, the sales reps were sending pictures to all their friends, I think they will sell out in store, not online. When you see em in person, you will need to have them. Just that kind of shoe.

seeing them in person always gets me :lol:

by cushion, do you mean the upper has extra cushioning and it's not all flyknit? like the heel part?

the shoebag is a nice tough though, I'm a sucker for little doodahs like that :lol:

Great pictures! I was sold once you said it has a Cushlon midsole.

For anyone who does not know what Cushlon is, it is [at least in my opinion] such an underrated midsole foam used on Nike shoes. Almost every single Nike has Phylon nowadays except for the Pegasus line and now the Vapormax Utility and Kyrie 4. Coming from someone who's ran in the Pegasus shoes before, it is so much better.

Agreed.

Phylon is the lightest foam in weight and bottoms out the quickest. Think Flyknit Racer type cushioning.
Cushlon is that middle ground where it is slightly heavier than phylon but lasts longer and feels sturdier under foot.
Lunarlon is the densest foam nike has. Takes the longest to bottom out but is less 'soft' than some of these other foams.

All depends on what you are looking for with your feet and how they feel to you personally.

seeing them in person always gets me :lol:

by cushion, do you mean the upper has extra cushioning and it's not all flyknit? like the heel part?

the shoebag is a nice tough though, I'm a sucker for little doodahs like that :lol:
I'm talking about the CUSHLON layer - if you notice the airbags aren't glued directly to the FK like the normal vapormax, there's an additional layer in there. Makes a difference.

aww damn, I didn't even notice that, there's actually an additional layer in the footbed

you may have just completely sold me on the shoes :rofl:

you gon' need a commission from Nike on that one

Was searching for some deals at Finishline and noticed a new cash back offer they have for Vapormax. $10 Cash Back on Nike Vapormax Flyknits + Extra $20 Back. Stackable with Winner's Circle Rewards I believe but don't quote me on that. Not sure why it wouldn't be though. Could bring the price down to $140-$150 after all of the rebates/rewards.
Where are you seeing this deal/promo?

Last edited:
aww damn, I didn't even notice that, there's actually an additional layer in the footbed

you may have just completely sold me on the shoes :rofl:

you gon' need a commission from Nike on that one
I'm the CUSHLON DON, taking vapor to the max. Don't you forget it.

Back
Top Bottom