Nike Air Yeezy Red October 2 Thread Officially Released VIA NDC 2/9. No BUYING/SELLING/TRADING.

From a web analytics perspective generally companies will use:

Add to Cart clicks/Visits to page = Add to Cart Step Conversion

Orders/Visits to page = Overall Landing Page Conversion

Both of those are typical conversion metrics.

But for this particular release, I personally would be calculating how many people load that yeezy page AFTER the time the shoes are already sold out. And also tracking how many Orders of other products they get from customers who visited that page.

More than likely they will get some ripple effect sales of people who just want to buy something after missing out. In my realm, only Apple comes close to this kind of hype machine.

Nike is letting the page load intermittently because it's causing a boost in activity on the site. That in turn looks good for them and potential investors. I believe Nike knows exactly what they are doing at this point after thinking about it for a bit.

Yes they can auto-redirect the main URL to an OOS page, but they keep allowing it every 10 minutes or so to load. It's on purpose.

<--- Website Analyst by trade
i don't argue with the fact that increased server traffic is a good thing. but i do question the degree of impact.

website traffic is only a small part of the decision to invest in a company - other more important factors would be innovative design, production, marketing, and profitability - places where nike is already KILLING it.

do you really think investors in a company that reports revenues of $7bil quarterly and owns a website in the top 500 in the US really care about a spike in web traffic on a random sunday in february? and even if they did, don't you think they would see right through this "trick"?

occam's razor applies in most arguments and i think it applies here too. this is likely just a server glitch, rather than a plot to increase their server traffic (which is probably already off the charts this weekend anyhow).

laugh.gif
 at everyone claiming they knew

Nike needs to stagger these releases, in a 1 week span they are releasing:

Tiffany's, MP's, All Star Games, and 2 Jordan's next Saturday.

Just stopped in to congratulate those who had their thirst quenched. Kind of bummed I missed out on the tweet. For some reason my twitter notifications arent coming through my mobile, but I am not nearly the fan of these as some of you. I can only imagine how happy you are. Anyways, enjoy em fellas.

AND for once.... BIG UPS to NIKE. Its about time you gave better odds to the little guys who still do things the old fashioned way. It really feels like old times with the site crash enabling me to cop my Kobe IX Masterpiece yesterday and today you all getting yours.
ALL I CAN SAY IS IT IS ABOUT DAMN TIME. :smokin

PEACE

Aint nothing but the devil. Releasing these while good people are in church.
Gonna rock the solars today to wash that salt out my mouth. Congrats to those that copped. Be safe both wearing or selling

:rofl: Folks at church catching the Holy Ghost cause they got thru for them Reds!
I was at church too.
Had just got the wife and kids in the truck and was letting the heat warm up.
Did a double take when the text came thru.
Had to hit the link twice. Couple that with load time and putting the size in the cart and I was probably 5-10 seconds too slow.
Was in line for about 5minutes then got the out of stock death message.

Nike needs to stagger these releases, in a 1 week span they are releasing:

Tiffany's, MP's, All Star Games, and 2 Jordan's next Saturday.

It gives people who missed out a chnace...a little something for everybody :smokin

Now if you are one of those person who feels like you need everything then you have a problem.. "not directly referring to you but in general"

Last edited:
Crazy but this is probably one of if not THE most hyped, sought after, limited shoe in the last 10 years but was the easiest for me to cop. Went through hell for DMP, OG Nubucks, Laser 4, Concords, etc and this mystery shoe just fell in my lap. Mind = BLOWN.

- Preciate it.

lucky son of a gun

its kinda funny people saying congrats to nike for giving the normal ppl chance to purchase these shoes .

y all must be dreaming whether its normal people or bots these will end up on ebay and on reseller hands , just look how many pictures of nikeorder are on it already 

I agree with Nike's move to release these randomly.

I disagree with Nike's move to release them a day after another hyped release. Some bots were still running 24/7 waiting for a tiff restock. They shoulda released these like early next week.

Damn I'm usually on my computer at home. Good thing I'm out of state and took a nap through it all. Super salty right now lol. Good stuff nike. Congrats to those that were lucky enough to cop.

mmm I don't think it would be a server glitch in this case. They've more than likely got a dedicated IT team for this release in case something goes wrong. The fact that it's taken 4 hours and the page still pops up seems intentional.

On most other releases from Nike if they are sold out you don't even get to the product detail page after it goes OOS.

And I agree it's not for traffic boost alone, most analysts will view traffic at the unique visitor level. Which means multiple visits from the same customer count only once (via cookie).

At the visit level, multiple page loads from the same customer within the same session should also only count as one "visit" to the page, but that depends on Nike's session definition (could be 15 minute duration).

______

I think it's deeper than that. If they keep letting the page load...people keep thinking they have a chance. If people still have hope, they will continue posting, tweeting, talking about the release even if it's long gone. It's a snowball effect and even if 1% of the people that went to the site initially looking for the yeezy 2, end up buying something like socks or whatever else it's going to be a win. And they didn't have to do anything extra to get that 1%.

I got a 9 this way and couldn't believe it, via mobile.  Absolutely crazy.  I'm still shaking!!! 
eek.gif
happy.gif

i think paypal at least to me was the only way to check out quick.. when trying to check out the other way it kept freezing on me.. paypal for the win!

I do not know Sami and if he knew about this mornings release or not, what I do know is in the Red Yeezy thread that got locked he said more than once that the RO's would not release.

mmm I don't think it would be a server glitch in this case. They've more than likely got a dedicated IT team for this release in case something goes wrong. The fact that it's taken 4 hours and the page still pops up seems intentional.

On most other releases from Nike if they are sold out you don't even get to the product detail page after it goes OOS.

And I agree it's not for traffic boost alone, most analysts will view traffic at the unique visitor level. Which means multiple visits from the same customer count only once (via cookie).

At the visit level, multiple page loads from the same customer within the same session should also only count as one "visit" to the page, but that depends on Nike's session definition (could be 15 minute duration).

______

I think it's deeper than that. If they keep letting the page load...people keep thinking they have a chance. If people still have hope, they will continue posting, tweeting, talking about the release even if it's long gone. It's a snowball effect and even if 1% of the people that went to the site initially looking for the yeezy 2, end up buying something like socks or whatever else it's going to be a win. And they didn't have to do anything extra to get that 1%.
if so, why don't they do this for every hyped release then? why haven't they done this before? were they just saving this "trick" for the yeezys? 

Likely for customer service purpose so people can actually click on the link and see that they are soldout.

Back
Top Bottom