Nike Cosmic Unity - Nike's First Sustainable Basketball Sneaker (Retail $120-150)

Another review, didn’t see this one posted. Looks like a very solid performances shoe, he also did a comparison video with the KD 13. The two seem similar... CU has better materials, lower to the ground and has a more stable forefoot. KD has slightly better cushioning, traction and obviously a higher cut. Both are kinda bulky in the heel area, which is why I didn’t love the KD 13 (it is a great performer btw)

The KD comparison is helpful. The KD should have more cushioning - more foam and second zoom bag in the forefoot.

Looks likes a bunch of resellers put alot of the pairs from snkrs on eBay smh...🤦🏾‍♂️
This **** has exceeded pathetic, and then some.

Dudes on SX selling at prices that, depending on the sales tax in the state they live in, MIGHT net them $25-$35 on the HIGH end.

I looked at eBay just now. Morons listing these well into the $200s. Guess how many actually completed sales there are? 23. That tells you how "thirsty" the actual market is for these and how willing it is to pay more than retail :lol:
I can see Space Hippies being a thing for about two minutes. After that?

You know who I REALLY feel bad for in all of this reselling everything ****? Kids and their parents. I'm old now, and we have a lot of relative grown ups on this site. More and more, actually, it feels like NT is populated by a lot of Gen Xers like me, and older-range Millenials, as the "kids" have migrated to the short-blast format of IG etc. Including myself, a lot of our NT regulars seem to have the ability to buy lots of shoes, multiples of many, and all that. This makes it easy to lose perspective sometimes.

Traditionally, who really drives sales of sneakers and athletic wear? Kids. Middle school, high school ... I know what a big ******* deal it was for me growing up to get my parents to buy me a pair of $125 Nikes. A shoe like the Cosmic Unity ... it's intended for ******* players to play in. Let's pretend there's no pandemic for a second: If I had a kid who was into sneakers or especially if they were a hooper of middle school or high school age, and I have to pay $250 a pop to buy them one pair of shoes--not coveted Jordan or whatever retros, either--to actually play in? It's out of control. Imagine you want to get your player a pair of these pretty cool but ultimately "regular" inline Nike bball shoes, and you still have to bend over to do it. It's absolutely outrageous, really. If I was exactly the same kid as I was in the '90s, with the same parents and same middle-class upbringing/spending power, I'd be stuck in zero pairs of Jordans and now zero pairs of even an inline seasonal basketball shoe.

Champs won’t even allow a try on. They claim this color is pushed back. Brutal release so far, but he did say it could because they haven’t received all their sizes yet.

This **** has exceeded pathetic, and then some.

Dudes on SX selling at prices that, depending on the sales tax in the state they live in, MIGHT net them $25-$35 on the HIGH end.

I looked at eBay just now. Morons listing these well into the $200s. Guess how many actually completed sales there are? 23. That tells you how "thirsty" the actual market is for these and how willing it is to pay more than retail :lol:
I can see Space Hippies being a thing for about two minutes. After that?

You know who I REALLY feel bad for in all of this reselling everything ****? Kids and their parents. I'm old now, and we have a lot of relative grown ups on this site. More and more, actually, it feels like NT is populated by a lot of Gen Xers like me, and older-range Millenials, as the "kids" have migrated to the short-blast format of IG etc. Including myself, a lot of our NT regulars seem to have the ability to buy lots of shoes, multiples of many, and all that. This makes it easy to lose perspective sometimes.

Traditionally, who really drives sales of sneakers and athletic wear? Kids. Middle school, high school ... I know what a big ****ing deal it was for me growing up to get my parents to buy me a pair of $125 Nikes. A shoe like the Cosmic Unity ... it's intended for ****ing players to play in. Let's pretend there's no pandemic for a second: If I had a kid who was into sneakers or especially if they were a hooper of middle school or high school age, and I have to pay $250 a pop to buy them one pair of shoes--not coveted Jordan or whatever retros, either--to actually play in? It's out of control. Imagine you want to get your player a pair of these pretty cool but ultimately "regular" inline Nike bball shoes, and you still have to bend over to do it. It's absolutely outrageous, really. If I was exactly the same kid as I was in the '90s, with the same parents and same middle-class upbringing/spending power, I'd be stuck in zero pairs of Jordans and now zero pairs of even an inline seasonal basketball shoe.
Pandemic isn’t a thing i don’t think we are in the same mess.

This whole bubble were in started because of the pandemic

Very dope shoe in concept but no way I will pay retail for them. Congrats to those who were able to grab a pair

Anyone’s DSG ship yet? I think you’ll be able to easily grab at Champs in the next two weeks before DSG potentially even ships...

You can’t cancel from DSG either so stuck with that order. At least it’s free online returns.

Called the Nike Store and she said their system shows a 12/31/2021 release date. Not even Nike knows the offiicial store release date :smh:

I got a league starting up next week wanted to break these out.

I'm just glad that resellers are going to get screwed in a couple of weeks when the Cosmic Unity releases everywhere. I got my pre-order (basically what it is from DSGs) last night in my size. Haven't shipped yet, but when it does I will let you all know.

clicked the DSG link

Screenshot_20210301-203504(1).png

Back
Top Bottom