Nike Flyknit Lunar 2

I want these, but I picked up a pair of trainers with zoom the other day because of the clearance discount...

I do want a pair of these, but I may hold out for a colorway that really blows me away

they grow on you. these shoes are very detailed and nicely constructed. I bought my gf a pair and she love it. Havnt seen a colorway worth buying for myself. 
they sure did grow on me. I picked up the wolf grey just to have a neutral color. I was really eyeballin' the volt/blue glow with speckled soles but for some reason when I saw them in person, they weren't as I pictured they will be. on the other hand, the red cw and blue cw were also nice so I might pick those up once they go at the outlet. I figured the wolf grey are less likely to make the outlets since they are neutral and the "brighter" colors will make their way there late this year or early next year. I'm set with my Lunar1's for this summer. I will wait for the Black/Volt as my volt pair.
smile.gif

My IDs came in last night. I tried to model them after these HTM FK Frees. They kinda look like that pair posted above :lol:. Mine are light/dark grey though while those look white/black. Very happy with the results. Here's a few pics/notes.

View media item 833555View media item 833559View media item 833560View media item 833561
Padded Collar
View media item 833570

Here's the new sewn-in tongue.
View media item 833565View media item 833566
On feet
View media item 833592View media item 833593View media item 833594

Notes:
Comfort - Wore them to work today and they are VERY comfortable, similar to the Lunar1s. Lunar is by far my favorite cushioning tech. Seem to be just as light as the 1s.

Fit - A tiny bit long in the toe. Also pretty snug width-wise, which I think is caused by the sewn-in tongue. There's not much room for the sides of the shoe for flex outward since they're sewn to the tongue. After wearing for around half an hour they seem to loosen up though. My feet are semi wide and I went TTS. If you have wide feet, I wouldn't go .5 size up (due to the already increased length) but if available I'd opt for the 2E width (which is available on ID--not sure about retail versions). Just try them on in-store before buying.

Misc - The added length in the toe helps alot with the "dents" that most people experienced in last years Flyknit collection. I have denting on almost all of my FKs but there's pretty much none in these.
- The sewn in tongue means no more slipping. It's sewn about 3/4 of the way up. The remaining non-sewn part kinda pops out which you can see in the pics. It does cause the shoe to fit a little tighter, but I'll take no slippage over some extra tightness any day.
- The ankle collar is padded which is a small disappointment imo. I was hoping they went back to the non padded collar we had in the first few batches of FKs last year. It kinda takes away from the minimalistic approach of a FK shoe. Not a huge deal though.

Overall, I really like the shoes. If you liked the 1s you'll definitely like these. I'm gonna wait until a price drop until I grab my next pair though :lol:.

Last edited:
the 100s are starting to be released at japanese retailers, so the us release should be imminent

"the 100s are starting to be released at japanese retailers, so the us release should be imminent"

What is the SKU on those and some of the others that are being released in wave 2?

Anyone think there will be a MC for these? I'm finding it hard to picture because of the two tone teeth look on these.

I tried the shoes at FinishLine and just loved the shoes. Unfortunately, they only had black and I had to place an order at Nike.com. I did. A while ago. For a pair of pure platinum/white-atomic orange-bright colorway. Now I just noticed the pinkish midsole of this colorway and I'm wondering if this CW would look a bit less manly. Any thoughts anybody? 

Also, I can't seem to find any pictures of people actually wearing this colorway. Does it really suck that bad? Anybody own a pair of these bad boys, with the said colorway, post a picture of the shoes in action please? 

Many thanks. 

Nash

Thank you very much TC1990. It does look more red to me! So could you please confirm if the midsole is more red or pink? I just want to make sure it is not the lighting. 

it looks like people are getting the 006 colorway too, so hopefully wave 2 is coming within the month
The one on Nike.com has a white swoosh, white inner lining and white lace. And... the midsole seems like pink. Anyone has a picture of this cw in action please? 

Tried these on at finishline as well and I will definitely be picking up a pair in the future! The sewn in tongue, and support feel much better than the 1's

Back
Top Bottom