Nike Foamposite Eggplants released again! MARCH 6TH! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Originally Posted by jgoods

man....i'm sour after receiving mine in a bag (packaging) from eastbay. busted box. boo!!!! 
mad.gif
  eastbay. c'mon on now!!!! gold club member here. hahaa. funny thing is that there is a ftl sticker on the box.

anyone else get theirs like that???

I've occasionally gotten FTL stickers on boxes for sneakers I've bought off Eastbay before. The Foot Locker website's store is almost identical to Eastbay's. Both stores are probably connected somehow.

Originally Posted by Fresh Like Will

man....i'm sour after receiving mine in a bag (packaging) from eastbay. busted box. boo!!!! 
mad.gif
  eastbay. c'mon on now!!!! gold club member here. hahaa. funny thing is that there is a ftl sticker on the box.

I've occasionally gotten FTL stickers on boxes for sneakers I've bought off Eastbay before. The Foot Locker website's store is almost identical to Eastbay's. Both stores are probably connected somehow.

Hmm...always wondered why Footlocker was always sold out of everything Eastbay was sold out of.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Hey, dont know if this has been thought of yet or not... Ok so the 2009's were called "eggplants" but the box said Varsity Purple, correct? And the 2010's are also referred to as the "eggplants" but the box also reads Varsity Purple as well correct? How about just call the 2009's "EGGPLANT" and the 2010 "VARSITY PURPLES" since I think it is a fair assumption that the 2009's look more like an actual "eggplant" that way they can still maintain their individuality... just a thought.

On another note there does seem to be a fast growing hype for foamposite one's I remember when they came out originally I personally didnt like them no particular reason they just didnt appeal to me at that point and time, I think I was rocking Voit kicks back in those days
laugh.gif
. Now they are the hottest thing going so I can see why the true foam heads are upset at the hype. You cant compare the Foamposite One to any other shoe really because it is a signature basketball shoe that only has one original colorway! I personally couldnt wear all purple kicks definately no all copper, and probably not even all royal, however I do admire the Foamposite One model for it's originality it's futuristic design (even though they are from 97) and most of all, all that Zoom! Bottom line all you true foam fans, some the stuff ya'll have in your collections is priceless, and most foam releases were limited, so even if they do continue to butcher and dilute the Foamposite One ya'll have the good stuff, kind of how Jordan collectors feel when they have those numbered J's with the Nike Air on the back and they release the retro with a jumpman.

And another thing, why are they called Air Foamposite One? wouldnt they technically be called Zoom Foamposite One?

sorry for the length of the post but in the last 70 pages of nonsense I figured the post could use some substance.

my only Foam to date, . ahh beautiful...

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

you know they gon put them on back out on the floor for cheap right?? well a employee will probably snatch em up
well, if u find a cool enuff employee, they might let u recop with the discounted price.
hash wall sale = 30% off
discounted price = 99 - hashwall sale = $70
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 93SnakedFox

Originally Posted by bigj505

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

Its a sad day,not foams man,anything but foams. This is some JB *!#+....Taiwan>China, didn't think it was a big deal till I saw that crap.
yea man ALL 3 size 10s? I mean, come on... gimme 1 good pair lol

coppers were solid as far as feel went.
packaging is kinda causing rubbing on the shoes... ive seen coppers and eggplants with slight marks on them but they kinda go away with a quick spit shine.

Were the lefts bad too, or just the right shoes?
1 of the 3 lefts had a minor crease.

i just copped 2 from DTLR that were pretty good.
1 pair was pretty much perfect. the other had a very slight crease on the left shoe but nothing serious. i called my buyer and gave him the heads up. all good now.

Originally Posted by mYKiCkZArEaG21

frown.gif
bigj505 wrote:

Got my ndc order... sending 4 of the 5 pairs ordered back.
I got me 1 9.5, 2 10s for a dude i know, and 1 9.5 and 1 10 were going back because of a dude backing out on me.

but damn i gotta say... these pairs from ndc came in looking like poooooooo. 3 size 10s had slight creases on the inside of the shoe. upon further inspection, i realized that the material wasnt fully attached to the shoe, therefore air bubbles would show up if worn. called my dude and told him imma just roll to the mall and get his pairs.

slight creases on all 3

before pressing down

after pressing down -> do you see the air bubble form?
   ummmm ALLLLLLL my foams have that crease (retro royals hoh royals, silvers and retro silver, blacks, retro pearls and hoh pearls etc).... (mines have been worn but still).... that slight creasing shouldnt change ur mind and send the kicks back..... juss my opinion....
eyes.gif

guess reading is ABOVE you huh? its the air bubble thats the issue.
then again, u never say anything worth while anyways.
grin.gif

Got them for 170 yesterday.... Military discount at ftl.. I was extra hype they took my expired card... Lol... I might cop another pair next week just cuz....

The coppers don't appeal to me in person ...

this was such an impulse buy i might end up reselling them. i dont even have anything purple.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

mad.gif

Same thing here. The coupons are a nice touch though
pimp.gif
coupons???

Originally Posted by DEpast

These are everywhere around me just sitting.

And not worth the $215 with tax.

this is my biggest problem.  i like them, but like $180 liek them, not $200+tax

Originally Posted by DEpast

These are everywhere around me just sitting.

And not worth the $215 with tax.

this is my biggest problem.  i like them, but like $180 liek them, not $200+tax

Originally Posted by eddo1005

mad.gif

I didnt order eggplants from eastbay, but a pair of jordan varsity red vi came like how yours came.  Pretty ridiculous, if you ask me
i emailed eastbay yesterday regarding their "shipping" issue but they just gave me lame excuses...like "we have no control over delivery" but wait if the item was not shipped in a bag, the shoebox wouldnt be damaged.  For a corporate company such as theirs, you would assume they had the decency to provide superior customer service/ quality in the way things are handled. Furthermore, as a cost cutting move, it does not sit well.  For the amount that i paid ($200), dont give me that ishhhhhh.    When i sell shoes, i show courtesy by double-boxing the shoes i put in the mail.  I have no gripes but dont give me lame excuses such as those when it is a control issue within their company.  Ups/Usps is going to deliver the package regardless whether the item is string together, bagged, and even boxed.

^^^Eddo, I received my j6 varsity red double-boxed from eb. Not sure how you feel knowing that.....
nerd.gif

Pictures to come of the damage.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by DeadSon85

Hey, dont know if this has been thought of yet or not... Ok so the 2009's were called "eggplants" but the box said Varsity Purple, correct? And the 2010's are also referred to as the "eggplants" but the box also reads Varsity Purple as well correct? How about just call the 2009's "EGGPLANT" and the 2010 "VARSITY PURPLES" since I think it is a fair assumption that the 2009's look more like an actual "eggplant" that way they can still maintain their individuality... just a thought.  
And what is this suppose to solve exactly?

Back
Top Bottom