Nike Foamposite Pro Solar: Released 4/25/14

[quote name="chizzle"]

I don't know about that last piece...

I mean, there are a lot of reasons why sneaker retailed hype up their released with internet traffic being one of them. Obviously, the more traffic they're receiving, the more they're getting paid from advertisers.

AGAIN, the real issue here is the lying about it.[/quote]

and ruvilla, eastbay, fnl all these companies wont admit the truth :lol:

they have to protect the companys image and interests so I wouldnt expect much understanding and support

Last edited by a moderator:

The true sneakerheads are the small majority who are demanding a true version/very close version of what they want to pay for. The "other sneakerheads" for the large majority, are just newbies who prefer it and buy it regardless, BUT a large portion of that majority also prefer to resell based on hype and demand because every man for himself right?

I don't know about that last piece...

I mean, there are a lot of reasons why sneaker retailed hype up their released with internet traffic being one of them. Obviously, the more traffic they're receiving, the more they're getting paid from advertisers.

AGAIN, the real issue here is the lying about it.
Err..when's the last time you saw ads on Nike, Finishline, Footlocker or any other sneaker retailer's website? In my opinion, if there's a big demand for a particular shoe release, the buyers are going to find their way to your site regardless of promotion.  When a retailer goes out of their way to over-promote, however, it results in their site being hammered with traffic, resulting in a lot of disgruntled customers.  At the end of the day, the shoes are going to sell out regardless and the retailer makes their money.  I just don't understand the logic of overpromoting...unless you're  sitting on a TON of stock and run the risk of  NOT selling out.

How much they paying you?

They are paying me in foams.....think their your size

But for real if dude is full of it....pay him no mind...2 pages of complaints just adds to promotion of his refresh movement
I have these already and wouldn't want or need another pair. As for the whining people have a valid reason to be upset with Villa, their antics are less to be desired.

This thread just turned into the lobby of the Judge Judy show.....
roll.gif

"ONLY WORE THEM ON THE CARPET"

#NEVERFORGET

A reseller isn't a sneakerhead and that term is loosely used now. I've been doing this a while and I don't like the term sneakerhead used in association with my fad, I like shoes and happen to have a lot. Realistically it's more of a illness if you boil it down, excessive behavior.

Err..when's the last time you saw ads on Nike, Finishline, Footlocker or any other sneaker retailer's website? In my opinion, if there's a big demand for a particular shoe release, the buyers are going to find their way to your site regardless of promotion.  When a retailer goes out of their way to over-promote, however, it results in their site being hammered with traffic, resulting in a lot of disgruntled customers.  At the end of the day, the shoes are going to sell out regardless and the retailer makes their money.  I just don't understand the logic of overpromoting...unless you're  sitting on a TON of stock and run the risk of  NOT selling out.

I was speaking about Nike, Eastbay, or RUVILLA in particular about the ads. Just saying period when it comes to traffic. Every website wants their traffic to look good period.

I completely agree with you though about everything else. Great points.

Why does a person have to be "whining" to address their opinion about something?

Again, this has nothing to do with the Yeezy Foam and more so about websites crashing and the reason behind it and ways it can be prevented. Stop reaching.

Anybody in defense of Ruvilla and their refreshes is a fool or never attempted to cop any of the shoes refreshed.

The releases are beyond overhyped and numbers are super low.

I went to an in-store refresh last year where royals were advertised and they had 2 pairs, 2.

The phoenix suns foam refresh online was hyped for what felt like two weeks and with the combination of site crashing and low numbers it didn't even feel real.

Point being, refresh whatever shoes but don't make it seem like your refreshes are nothing more than a marketing tactic to get people to come to your stores or on your website to buy whatever leftover stock nike stiffs them with so they can get hot releases.

Just not trying to pay way to much. I usually never buy from a reseller but guess I have too lol

I'd say like 325 max.
As a seller, I paid $265 for my pair. Add a max of $20 for shipping and PayPal fees, it's about $300. You could haggle more but I doubt you'd get a pair for sub $300.

I'd say like 325 max.
As a seller, I paid $265 for my pair. Add a max of $20 for shipping and PayPal fees, it's about $300. You could haggle more but I doubt you'd get a pair for sub $300.
$272 after tax... how will you EVER find one under $300

I'd say like 325 max.
sounds good thanks big J.  I will shoot for 300-325 at the most would be great 300 lol

That was my size too and I probably could have picked them up locally as well. I still like these foams, but not enough to pay over retail. I guess my last chance would be tomorrow even though I have .0001% chance of actually getting them.
same situation here but I will pay more if i have too

same situation here but I will pay more if i have too
For me personally it's gotten to a point that I would really, really have to love the shoe to pay resell price on something nowadays. It seems like if I miss a release, in another week or two something else will come out that will catch my attention. Every weekend they're pumping out shoes like its' nothing.

Back
Top Bottom