Nike Free Trainer 5.0 TB (3/28/13)

Right. Nike is doing more teams this season than last. and UT? What have they done lately? We beat them in a bowl game in Tennessee. GFTOWTN. Your speculative logic doesn't hold. What's more likely is that the Carolina program is not interested in having the shoes out. Fedora has a hard on for uniform/gear items staying exclusive as a reward tool, guys have to earn a certain jacket, etc.

To be fair UT has a Title in their showroom...

Well since this is a @USnikefootball shoe then we're obviously talking abt football fan base 

laugh.gif
 I'll agree with yall BUT 2010 bowl game, UNC got em in OT..
grin.gif

To be fair UT has a Title in their showroom...
One in football. Here's the thing; this is not just about football just because the marketing is associating the two. UT, for all their success . . . and I need to preface this by saying I went to HS in Knoxville, my parents worked at UT and I had a couple of visits w/ the program . . . for all their success in football and women's hoops they could never build a nationwide brand. That's one reason they are going w Nike. You could make the argument that we (UNC) only had hoops (five titles) baseball and soccer and LAX, but built our brand on one sport. But we had a nationwide reputation anyway, really for other reasons. Nike just capitalized on what we had to offer, as they did w Bama and the U. They just made up some **** at Oregon and they started winning anyway, damn Phil Knight. I don't know if Nike can do anything with freaking Rocky Top unless they start winning regularly. Their image is just too hillbilly. Bama has that winning image, and Bear, a legacy.

And not everyone makes these loyalty buys. I see kids around here saying stuff like, well, I like UNC for basketball and Alabama for football. Kid might try and get both 5.0 if available. Nah, if the UNC version gets released people will buy it. Even basketball fans.

Last edited:
One in football. Here's the thing; this is not just about football just because the marketing is associating the two. UT, for all their success . . . and I need to preface this by saying I went to HS in Knoxville, my parents worked at UT and I had a couple of visits w/ the program . . . for all their success in football and women's hoops they could never build a nationwide brand. That's one reason they are going w Nike. You could make the argument that we (UNC) only had hoops (five titles) baseball and soccer and LAX, but built our brand on one sport. But we had a nationwide reputation anyway, really for other reasons. Nike just capitalized on what we had to offer, as they did w Bama and the U. They just made up some **** at Oregon and they started winning anyway, damn Phil Knight. I don't know if Nike can do anything with freaking Rocky Top unless they start winning regularly. Their image is just too hillbilly. Bama has that winning image, and Bear, a legacy.

And not everyone makes these loyalty buys. I see kids around here saying stuff like, well, I like UNC for basketball and Alabama for football. Kid might try and get both 5.0 if available. Nah, if the UNC version gets released people will buy it. Even basketball fans.

Agreed, but this release is geared towards Football.

Not many basketball teams get the amount of love that UNC does from Jordan brand (actually none).

To be honest Jordan made that program into the most desired campus in the nation for basketball.

Hey, I root for you guys in the ACC in football.

I'm not a FSU or Miami guy so any opportunity for them to take the L is a W in my book.

Heads up, DSG will NOT be getting the Week Zero pack tomorrow, and Eastbay /allegedly/ won't have Ohio State or Sparty...so plan accordingly.

Fanatics had them during last year's Week Zero collection.

Edit: Fanatics should have them:

Last edited:

UT will sell Nike gear just fine. Any team that averages 100k at games will have zero problems 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom