Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

When you click on the Jump multi (in the Nike app) there’s a cool video showing the construction of the sneaker. Interestingly the guy shooting around was wearing the Kobe 9 and they even showed the Kobe Shozoku logo.

Anyway here’s some screen shots of the 3 named colorways:

99AAB8F9-6043-43D2-801F-33D10891F912.png
10F0ED40-29FD-41CB-9F07-767CB1197078.png
E9899F26-E69F-40CF-8A86-9241270D14BD.png

JS”

The "Zero" colorway (multi) of the Jump dropped on the app in the UK last week in a full size run, including large sizes.

These were my number 1 basketball shoe to try out this year (I'm a 39 year old big guy who played low-level college ball back in the day and play 2 times a week now), and since I had no faither whatsoever in Nike actually getting these on the shelves in the States, I bit the bullet and bought them through the UK release from a friend over there. Definitely paid a premium and it looks like I was wrong to doubt Nike releasing them here, but I'm okay with that. I mean, how often does doubting Nike turn out to be the WRONG decision these days?

Anyway, they'll be here next Monday Feb. 7th at the latest--possibly sooner (they arrived in the US tonight and are in customs on the east coast). I'll post pics and my initial thoughts when they show up if anyone's interested.

I like the Cuts, but with extended wear I feel like they miss with my gait a bit. They just feel a touch clunky and awkward and my body tries to accommodate. I find myself wanting to change out of them after a while. I wish Nike hadn’t made the React a drop in insole and instead put zoom on top of the React and made the midsole construction a bit more fluid. I still like the Cuts. They just aren’t a Goldilocks shoe for me.

I like the Cuts, but with extended wear I feel like they miss with my gait a bit. They just feel a touch clunky and awkward and my body tries to accommodate. I find myself wanting to change out of them after a while. I wish Nike hadn’t made the React a drop in insole and instead put zoom on top of the React and made the midsole construction a bit more fluid. I still like the Cuts. They just aren’t a Goldilocks shoe for me.
I believe it's not about that but the sloping design from the heel to toe area. that would put your balance more to the front than a shoe with a level design like the Jumps.

Facts especially in the heel it gets heavy back there. I had to let mine go

I believe it's not about that but the sloping design from the heel to toe area. that would put your balance more to the front than a shoe with a level design like the Jumps.
Yeah I have been thinking the same thing about to heel to toe drop. My ideal setup was the Kobe 8 elite super hero which had a stiffer insole with zoom in the heel and forefoot. The upgrade I would love is probably a stiffer insole with a zoom bag in the forefoot like the kd 13 for better response. I feel like the react isn’t the best, it just allows for the foot to move far too much in the arch and forefoot.

He wears these every few games it feels like and aside from the grinches I would never have thought a basketball shoe with like 4 different greens on it would work so well. It's like forest green, lime, olive, and then an off-white milky sole. There's some green aj36 that is supposed to be green and I hope it looks half as nice as these.

Last of the GT series. Still prefer the cuts and jumps

thanks. I have the same complaints regarding the Runs. I must say, huge disappointment considering the other two GT shoes are homerun. what went wrong? I guess they hired a bad designer for it. also, you are too nice on the scores. for me, I would have scored it 4.5 on the materials, 4 on the fit. those two categories the shoe failed imo.

thanks. I have the same complaints regarding the Runs. I must say, huge disappointment considering the other two GT shoes are homerun. what went wrong? I guess they hired a bad designer for it. also, you are too nice on the scores. for me, I would have scored it 4.5 on the materials, 4 on the fit. those two categories the shoe failed imo.
For me fit wasn’t horrible, more so the insole and tongue being too thin.

Although I hate the material, it does a good job as far as breathability and containment, it’s also very minimal.

For that, I scored it that way, the points docked are because it’s cheap materials on an overly expensive shoe.

Agreed though, not sure what’s up with em, I just think they more or less just remade the BB that was recently released, with updated similiar tech to the other models. Since the video the traction has started to peel far far worse. By far the worst out of the 3.

Back
Top Bottom