Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

For me fit wasn’t horrible, more so the insole and tongue being too thin.

Although I hate the material, it does a good job as far as breathability and containment, it’s also very minimal.

For that, I scored it that way, the points docked are because it’s cheap materials on an overly expensive shoe.

Agreed though, not sure what’s up with em, I just think they more or less just remade the BB that was recently released, with updated similiar tech to the other models. Since the video the traction has started to peel far far worse. By far the worst out of the 3.
that was my thinking, too expensive for a shoe that felt like you are wearing paper or hair cap. my feet felt bare wearing them. the cushion was the only redeeming factor of the shoe. yup, they felt like an ugly stepbro version of the BBs. if they were following the cushion setup of the Runs, the Jordan 36 would have been it. just imagine if they had the whole GT series with the 36 setup as the replacement for the Runs setup. you can't go wrong with either of the 3 and would have everyone buying the entire lineup. not complaining that much other than the 36 not being a GT line shoe. I'm still waiting for that black colorway for the Jumps. hope they release an infrared.

that was my thinking, too expensive for a shoe that felt like you are wearing paper or hair cap. my feet felt bare wearing them. the cushion was the only redeeming factor of the shoe. yup, they felt like an ugly stepbro version of the BBs. if they were following the cushion setup of the Runs, the Jordan 36 would have been it. just imagine if they had the whole GT series with the 36 setup as the replacement for the Runs setup. you can't go wrong with either of the 3 and would have everyone buying the entire lineup. not complaining that much other than the 36 not being a GT line shoe. I'm still waiting for that black colorway for the Jumps. hope they release an infrared.

It’s crazy though. The 36 upper is also paper thin, but it’s far more comfortable and supportive imo. Maybe it’s just preference. But ya, other than cushion this shoe is a mega bust imo. After recording this video some things got a lot worse.

That being, traction and the damn paper thin tongue causing serious pain on my foot

It’s crazy though. The 36 upper is also paper thin, but it’s far more comfortable and supportive imo. Maybe it’s just preference. But ya, other than cushion this shoe is a mega bust imo. After recording this video some things got a lot worse.

That being, traction and the damn paper thin tongue causing serious pain on my foot
I'd like to think preference but it isn't. my first try on with the Runs, I immediately felt the cheapness with it. I didn't even care about the aesthetics, I just felt that rubbing feeling of the upper. my try-on with the 36 though was different, felt premium despite the thin material and said immediately, this is it. not sure if you felt the same. I never care much for traction but foot pain is an automatic red flag for me. felt the fit was bad enough but causing some pain and injury is an immediate fail for me. I love the Quai 35s and would have bought them. but my painful injury experience with the 35s made me avoid them even if they sell for $50.

Have had the NDC Jump "Coming Soon" link open in a tab for a week now :emoji_laughing:. Hoping they drop this week.

Not really into that colorway, but if I can secure, could always sell/flip to get the Light Bone, the colorway I really want.

Last edited:
I just wish the gt runs weren't so narrow. Even the EPs were narrow. They seem to be made for narrow footers with a high arch.

23mj88 23mj88 What's your top 5 rotation for hoop shoes?

I wish Nike hadn’t made the React a drop in insole and instead put zoom on top of the React. Getting rid of the drop in would allow Nike to make the midsole construction a bit more fluid and make it the shoe feel less clunky in the heel.
Drop-in midsoles are still one of the coolest things in shoe tech, but it stopped being practical recently when there weren't compatible alternates you could swap in the shoe because the shape of every drop-in midsole was so different.
The Kobe 11 elite was the GOAT at executing this idea with three different cushioning options, and all three of those Kobe 11 midsoles could fit in your old Kobe 8s , 9s, etc.

Comparison of all three. We know how this ends… Cuts and Jumps all day!!

looking at them, I can't get past the idea that the Jumps are the ugliest of the bunch aesthetically. but I would put it as tolerable in comparison to the paper onion Runs.

looking at them, I can't get past the idea that the Jumps are the ugliest of the bunch aesthetically. but I would put it as tolerable in comparison to the paper onion Runs.
Haha I actually don’t mind em. I think aesthetically Nike did a pretty good job

A low top version of the Jumps could be 🔥. Nike has done low top Hyperdunks and LeBrons in the past, so maybe we get lucky with low Jumps…
for me, it's not the height of the shoe that puts me off, it's those ugly overlays and poorly hidden stitches and dirty cuts on the fuse materials. I hated those panels.

The Cut is a great looking model. Too bad the supply chain issues have ruined the release.
it's half true, the supply chain is one thing. popularity and hype is another. I remember a few of them sitting for 2 weeks on release day before the hype went overboard. now, everyone wants one even the lamest of colorways. I'm glad that I bought mine once I saw them.

it's half true, the supply chain is one thing. popularity and hype is another. I remember a few of them sitting for 2 weeks on release day before the hype went overboard. now, everyone wants one even the lamest of colorways. I'm glad that I bought mine once I saw them.

Popularity and hype? There weren't any releases besides a sporadic drop online here and there. Haven't seen any of them at physical locations in NYC.

Popularity and hype? There weren't any releases besides a sporadic drop online here and there. Haven't seen any of them at physical locations in NYC.
not sure about NYC, but I got mine last spring. nobody was paying attention to them and most hypebeasts were paying more attention on the retros.

not sure about NYC, but I got mine last spring. nobody was paying attention to them and most hypebeasts were paying more attention on the retros.
There were several stores in San Francisco that had a few color ways sitting on shelves. The black pair And OKC pair i never saw in person but I was able to walk in and buy the USA’s and white/infrareds.

j282022.JPG

Back
Top Bottom