Nike KD 13

I probably wouldn't have cared so much if both sneakers had matched, but one of mine looked like the top photo and the other looked like the bottom. This is an accurate representation of what they look like in hand (the swoosh is fuzzy and grey):

nike-kd-13-bleach-plaid-3.jpg

DA0894-005-kd13-ep.jpg

For straight cushioning, yeah, the Lebron 18 can’t be beat - just pure volume of midsole, and good midsole materials, makes it hard to beat. Court feel is NADA, which is where the KD13 makes up ground. For me, if you need cushioning, go Lebron 18, Zoom BB NXT, KD13. Overall, I like the KD13 best. The fit and traction is better and the cushioning/court feel combo bumps it up.

For the life of me, I'll never understand the obsession with "court feel". BRUH, I don't wanna feel that hard *** court. That ish does NOT feel good when you're coming down off of a dunk, layup, rebound, etc. Just SLAP. But, thats probably why I ball in Westbrook's sigs. Straight bounce.

For the life of me, I'll never understand the obsession with "court feel". BRUH, I don't wanna feel that hard *** court. That ish does NOT feel good when you're coming down off of a dunk, layup, rebound, etc. Just SLAP. But, thats probably why I ball in Westbrook's sigs. Straight bounce.
Real talk. Never understood when cats say I want to be one with the floor. Or I want to be closer to the floor.

Real talk. Never understood when cats say I want to be one with the floor. Or I want to be closer to the floor.

How tall are yall? Reason I ask is because while I don't call it "court feel", for guards when you're slipping in and out of places and have to make quick moves and avoid defenders and teammates alike, cushion is great but being able to really tell where your feet are while you're doing a move can be helpful to avoid stepping fully on someone else's foot, or knowing if you plant wrong, et cetera. You also get a clearer feel of how much traction you've got going on, and helps on defense to get a better sense of if you can quickly plant and get to a spot to make a steal or a block. This factors in even more if you have no vertical :lol:

Like yall have seen nightwing's videos. If he gets 6 inches off the ground, it's a good day. Though he's 'older', I have to take his words with a grain of salt if he's talking about cushion, because as you say, when you're coming down off a high leap, "court feel" is PAIN :lol:

For me it's a balance. When I play outside, I go for cushion, because these outside courts will wreck your joints no doubt. So like you I've been shooting around in One Takes & I just got some Why Nots. Also went out in Amber XXXIVs. But last year if I got hyped, I'd put on the Freak 1s and have a field day being lightning quick. I'm under 6 feet with decent bounce so shoe weight affects my play. But it's definitely a tradeoff between 'court feel' and cushion depending on how you feel that day, whether you're outdoors or indoors, or if the court is trash (even if indoors) or good. It also matters if you're playing half or full, and how big the court is. Some full courts are still small, but if you're at like a college gym, it can be damn near NBA size. So if you're going to be doing a ton of running, you need that cushion if you plan on playing for 2 hours. If you're playing for 2 ours but its outside and it's half court, you can probably get away with less cushion. If you're indoors playing half you can probably wear something as minimal as the freak 1s and get out of there with no pain. When I'd play in the freak 1s outside the joy I had in playing and winning games caught up to my *** the the next day, no doubt. :lol:

How tall are yall? Reason I ask is because while I don't call it "court feel", for guards when you're slipping in and out of places and have to make quick moves and avoid defenders and teammates alike, cushion is great but being able to really tell where your feet are while you're doing a move can be helpful to avoid stepping fully on someone else's foot, or knowing if you plant wrong, et cetera. You also get a clearer feel of how much traction you've got going on, and helps on defense to get a better sense of if you can quickly plant and get to a spot to make a steal or a block. This factors in even more if you have no vertical :lol:

Like yall have seen nightwing's videos. If he gets 6 inches off the ground, it's a good day. Though he's 'older', I have to take his words with a grain of salt if he's talking about cushion, because as you say, when you're coming down off a high leap, "court feel" is PAIN :lol:

For me it's a balance. When I play outside, I go for cushion, because these outside courts will wreck your joints no doubt. So like you I've been shooting around in One Takes & I just got some Why Nots. Also went out in Amber XXXIVs. But last year if I got hyped, I'd put on the Freak 1s and have a field day being lightning quick. I'm under 6 feet with decent bounce so shoe weight affects my play. But it's definitely a tradeoff between 'court feel' and cushion depending on how you feel that day, whether you're outdoors or indoors, or if the court is trash (even if indoors) or good. It also matters if you're playing half or full, and how big the court is. Some full courts are still small, but if you're at like a college gym, it can be damn near NBA size. So if you're going to be doing a ton of running, you need that cushion if you plan on playing for 2 hours. If you're playing for 2 ours but its outside and it's half court, you can probably get away with less cushion. If you're indoors playing half you can probably wear something as minimal as the freak 1s and get out of there with no pain. When I'd play in the freak 1s outside the joy I had in playing and winning games caught up to my *** the the next day, no doubt. :lol:

Hmmm...I feel you. I get where you're coming from. BTW, I'm only 5'10 barefoot, so with the way I play, I'm always moving and I love slashing to the rim.

Now before I got in the gym, I would play in anything, but back then there wasn't low cut, minimal BALL shoes like are now. Bron IVs are like playing in boots and I've done that too. LOL. Now? I have to HAVE that cushion when I hit the floor, and I've never liked or understood playing in lows. I have super high arches and narrow feet. I also played football when I was in HS, and if you're running routes, cutting, jumping in cleats then going from that to sneakers was always easy. Hell, I remember one time running the 200M in Mid AF1s lol

The way I would explain it is the closer you are to the court, the less “lag time” or response time between contact with the court and the opposite reaction force being applied to your foot. It’s the same reason suspensions are stiffer in sports cars, so they have a quicker response time and stay in contact with the road at high speed turns. I was a shifty guard when I played, so I needed every split second I could get coming in and out of cuts. But it is usually a trade off between cushion and court feel and now days my knees need more cushion lol

^^^ all of this Is good talk. Some days I’m feeling young again (I’m 46 and been playing since age 10) and I want that quick, low, slashing feeling so I will wear the Jordan 34 (great combo of both) or a shoe like the Curry 6/7 or DON 2 (GREAT SHOE) or a Kyrie. If nothing else it makes me feel quicker but going all the way back to the Adidas Rose 1/1.5 - no cushioning but they were rockets.

The Lebron 15-16-17 was super cushioned and I knew I would feel better after wearing them but that split second lag of the foot sinking into the cushioning and then rebounding into your next move made them feel slightly sluggish (the 16 was a GREAT shoe though). For me, so far, the 18 doesn’t quite feel as slow as the 15 and 17 - the foam cages the zoom just enough to control compression and rebound a little quicker but still feels soft and cushioned. I wouldn’t spend $200 on them knowing what we do about the market, but they have been really nice on court - and even at 46 I still elevate on my jumpers and rebounds but I’m not flying like I used to.

I probably wouldn't have cared so much if both sneakers had matched, but one of mine looked like the top photo and the other looked like the bottom. This is an accurate representation of what they look like in hand (the swoosh is fuzzy and grey):

nike-kd-13-bleach-plaid-3.jpg

DA0894-005-kd13-ep.jpg

I'd get these......on sale

Some of these colorways make the KD13s look some kind of neo Air Force or Dunk protro.

Saw the USA pair for $64.99 at a hibbets store. Are these good for outdoor ball traction-wise with durability?

Saw the USA pair for $64.99 at a hibbets store. Are these good for outdoor ball traction-wise with durability?
I play in the KD 13 outdoors and rotate them with the Zoom Freak 1s and it seems like the traction is wearing out faster on the KD 13 than ZF1. But for $65 you might as well beat them up.

Wore my Kd 13 ids for the 1st time and wasn’t really feeling them

12s felt amazing right out of the box

I’ll report back when I hoop a couple more times

Back
Top Bottom