Nike KD 15

if it’s true about the price being $130…it’s a no brainer for me. I like the pg6 as well but I’m hearing that they’ll bottom out quick. They keep changing his cushion set up drastically.

Today
FQkhBd-XwAAGxW7.jpg

Last edited:
Tons of details about the shoe (no release date though). Great reading.

Love this part:

“I know you remember the low top joints that Luke Ridnour and Steve Nash used to wear, the Jet Flights,” said KD. “That was one of the first shoes that I [saw] as a basketball player coming up that was super low and looked almost like a trainer. That was interesting to me and I wanted to bring that feel back.”

This is also great:

"The key to the Jet Flight – a 2001 release that dropped during Kevin’s middle school days – was the clean mesh toe design that allowed for a flexible yet secure feel, along with a rubberized midfoot containment system that locked you in for any array of movements on the court. Nash loved them to death, wearing the shoe for nearly three seasons in Dallas.

To lock in that same level of heel containment and midfoot support, the Nike KD15 utilizes a 3D molded heel counter and 3D-molded midfoot cage. The laces serve as the harness to engage the “distraction-free fit” that Nike’s team of designers and developers was looking to nail.

“Kevin is really versatile as a player, so you really have to try and check off all of the boxes when it comes to a performance basketball shoe for him,” said Kreig Hozalski, Nike Basketball Footwear Technical Developer.

DC1975-001-PHSYD002-copy-1024x1024.png

More at the link: https://boardroom.tv/nike-kd-15-shoes/

Was about to post that link. Also, article confirmed it’s a more beefed up zoom strobel in cushlon for the 15s (not react). Can’t wait!

Yeah great article. Loved the 4s ascetically but the cushion was non existent. It would be amazing to get a protro kd4 *cough cough Nike exc

Was about to post that link. Also, article confirmed it’s a more beefed up zoom strobel in cushlon for the 15s (not react). Can’t wait!

It doesn't say it's a more beefed up zoom strobel. This is what it says:
"Since the KD 12, Nike has loaded Durant’s signature shoe with its full-length Zoom Strobel technology, placing an articulated Zoom cushioning unit just under the insole for explosive responsiveness from heel to toe. For the KD15, the overall setup has been upgraded yet again, with the Zoom Strobel system housed within a full-length Cushlon midsole for an even more plush ride."

A zoom strobel housed in a full length cushlon midsole is exactly what we got in the 14s. They don't explain how this is actually better than the 14s. Maybe the zoom is beefed up. That is not clear. Maybe they accidentally said it was Cushlon instead of React. I'm looking forward to the Nike news release to see what they claim the improvements to be.

It doesn't say it's a more beefed up zoom strobel. This is what it says:
"Since the KD 12, Nike has loaded Durant’s signature shoe with its full-length Zoom Strobel technology, placing an articulated Zoom cushioning unit just under the insole for explosive responsiveness from heel to toe. For the KD15, the overall setup has been upgraded yet again, with the Zoom Strobel system housed within a full-length Cushlon midsole for an even more plush ride."

A zoom strobel housed in a full length cushlon midsole is exactly what we got in the 14s. They don't explain how this is actually better than the 14s. Maybe the zoom is beefed up. That is not clear. Maybe they accidentally said it was Cushlon instead of React. I'm looking forward to the Nike news release to see what they claim the improvements to be.
Almost no chance there's React. There's no react branding on the midsole. Assuming it's the same setup as the 14, especially since that's what was written in the article.

Almost no chance there's React. There's no react branding on the midsole. Assuming it's the same setup as the 14, especially since that's what was written in the article.
Agreed. Curious if they actually made improvements and what those are to the zoom and cushlon.

Not only does KD want his shoes to be like his older models, last night he played like OKC KD

Back
Top Bottom