Nike KD 16

what do you mean corrected himself? from what he said in the video?

and it's much better to have images imbedded in the thread instead of IG linked. Much easier to find via thread gallery

He said that they had an stick of gum Zoom at first, in the comment section he later clarified that it was indeed an high volume Zoom unit like in the picture.
1000010989.jpg

Bottom loaded. And too loaded spring plate? That’s kind of interesting w the purple piece covering over the zoom

53057552942_d2173699aa_b.jpg

53058321436_779c3d74e0_b.jpg

Got these in. They definitely do feel snug for true to size, especially around the toebox, but I think for those who prefer that snug toebox fit, true size works. I'm more for casual wear with a preference of a looser fit, so half size up would likely work best for me (on its way to arrive tomorrow). Just from walking around the house, I really do like the Air cushioning on the heel as it's softer than the Zoom strobel, but I really won't be able to tell until I actually wear these out and about. Otherwise, I love the look of it, and I love the maroon/gold colors. Because of my fondness for the least amount of branding or no logos, the fact that the logos are all around the upper part of the back of the shoe makes it that much better for me and I really like the mini Swooshes.

It's funny - because of Nike pumping out the Pennys lately, I started liking the Penny 2s a lot, and Nike coincidentally made a KD that has similar traits of the Penny 2s but in a very lightweight and modern form haha.

EDIT - bonus picture.

EDIT 2 - got my size 9 in and they're definitely better for my preference. I'm thinking for those who are looking to hoop in these that once the mesh breaks in, it should expand a bit. That's why maybe true size would work for that.

Last edited:
Yea that’s the suns colorway we’ve seen already.

Ah yeah right. I hadn't seen it in a while and forgot. I even looked through the gallery but didn't see any, but now I see a pic from Jaynev back in April where it's the one lined up in the back of the image. Just missed it. Thank you.

have to crank on laces for lockdown
pretty wide laceline/eyelets
well ventilated tongue, lets go of heat well
wishes full strobel in the Nike line was continuing.
more forgiving/shock absorbing compared to 15 which was more bouncy and snappy

1690206421611.png

They look better on court then in the stock pictures on NDC. How do they feel?
Was only able to play in them one time so far, I will play in them some more this weekend, but so far in my opinion I like them better than the previous KD 15, bc I don't have that heel slippage problem. Cushion and traction are good so far too!

I can't wait til mine get here. I should be able to ball in them by Saturday. Hope they are accommodating for wide footers. I think this will be my 5th KD and I've never gotten past only a couple games or less in each one before I have one issue or the other. But since these look wide-ish, I had to give em a shot. Worst ones I hated having to give up were the BHM 10s :smh:

:rofl:
Waterworks? Triggered y’all w a simple comment. Was it “boring” that did it?

Let’s see something unique like a penny 2 cw

Back
Top Bottom