Nike KD3 - *UPDATE*: SCORING TITLES PG.93

300509291.jpg

Found this on Twitter. Not a fan. Will definitely need to see better pictures of this but minus the translucent sole this is another miss for the KD III.

Thanks Matt...

I'm all over these, I like how they switched it up. (no flywire)

Colorway looks good to me, hope to see them at a HOH soon...

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

i like the toned down colorway. they don't always have to be bright.

Amen to this.
They did these right.  Can't wait to see these on court tonight.  He said (road) on his facebook so does that mean there's another version?

Digging the yellow swoosh, the change-up on flywire, as well as the speckled laces!!

They are definitely "muted" but I dig the matted look.  I am sure they will look awesome on court.  I am also guessing from the pics, the materials, and the details, that these have been in the "works" longer than the kd2 scoring titles as we discussed previously.

All this being said, and once we see the detail on the insole, tongue, etc.., I would like to think these are easy x2 as long as they aren't ridiculously limited.

As usual, these will be slept on initially and most will
tired.gif
, only to find themselves doing this
eek.gif
, a few days after they drop.

Month sounds about right.  If Thunder advance and somehow win it all, these will be Supremo Hyped.  In that sense, I would rather it didn't happen, but obviously out of the final 4, OKC is by far my favorite.

As for the CW, Its almost as if the design team saw how much people responded to the pattern/design of the MLK version, and somehow tried to appease us by doing something similar on this shoe.  Its amazing how much more "customer/fan" friendly the KD line is when compared to another player who is still in the playoffs.  I think thats one of the things that contributes to me really supporting this line on a regular basis.  On top of that, the shoes are well made, reasonably priced, and look great.

29opnxu.jpg

The lack of flywire should change up the feel of the shoe a substantial amount in terms of forefoot flex and transition.

Higher quality materials inside the shoe will be make or break for me on these.

Also, there really should be a reference to the scoring title on the shoe somewhere otherwise they're just releasing any colourway they feel like and saying 'hey these are the scoring titles, buy the hype'. 

Still like the orioles and ******** better from an aesthetics standpoint. 

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Month sounds about right.  If Thunder advance and somehow win it all, these will be Supremo Hyped.  In that sense, I would rather it didn't happen, but obviously out of the final 4, OKC is by far my favorite.

As for the CW, Its almost as if the design team saw how much people responded to the pattern/design of the MLK version, and somehow tried to appease us by doing something similar on this shoe.  Its amazing how much more "customer/fan" friendly the KD line is when compared to another player who is still in the playoffs.  I think thats one of the things that contributes to me really supporting this line on a regular basis.  On top of that, the shoes are well made, reasonably priced, and look great.

If they make it/win the finals, there will be a shoe for that as well.  They'll milk it.  It will be interesting to see what retail is for these.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

The lack of flywire should change up the feel of the shoe a substantial amount in terms of forefoot flex and transition.

Also, there really should be a reference to the scoring title on the shoe somewhere otherwise they're just releasing any colourway they feel like and saying 'hey these are the scoring titles, buy the hype'. 

We haven't seen insoles or the medial swoosh.  However, I would have to get mine out, but I am pretty sure the scoring title pair that released in the states last year didn't really have any scoring title reference on them.  The pair that released in Asia did though...

29opnxu.jpg

if you look closely you can see references in the blue lines where he put on amazing performances, like Barry Farms, Chucky-a coach from his past, and 29- his ppg this year.

Originally Posted by sho3tym

We haven't seen insoles or the medial swoosh.  However, I would have to get mine out, but I am pretty sure the scoring title pair that released in the states last year didn't really have any scoring title reference on them.  The pair that released in Asia did though...

Honestly I've never been a big fan of signature details on the insole.

Unless they're stitched in, it's the first thing to fade away on a regularly worn shoe.

Originally Posted by jleeishere

if you look closely you can see references in the blue lines where he put on amazing performances, like Barry Farms, Chucky-a coach from his past, and 29 his ppg this year.

No I noticed, but other than the 29 it doesn't have a ton to do with the NBA. Plus some of those are already on the other parts of the shoe.

As obvious as it might sound I think I wouldn't mind seeing 'Scoring Champ' stitched into the shoe somewhere like around the achilles. Scoring on the left and Champ on the right. Then 2011 on the heel buttons.

Still a nice colourway just thought it could be more specific.

Originally Posted by sho3tym

Honestly I've never been a big fan of signature details on the insole.

Unless they're stitched in, it's the first thing to fade away on a regularly worn shoe.

Originally Posted by jleeishere

if you look closely you can see references in the blue lines where he put on amazing performances, like Barry Farms, Chucky-a coach from his past, and 29 his ppg this year.

No I noticed, but other than the 29 it doesn't have a ton to do with the NBA. Plus some of those are already on the other parts of the shoe.

As obvious as it might sound I think I wouldn't mind seeing 'Scoring Champ' stitched into the shoe somewhere like around the achilles. Scoring on the left and Champ on the right. Then 2011 on the heel buttons.

Still a nice colourway just thought it could be more specific.
yeah scoring title on the heel would be pretty legit.

Back
Top Bottom