Nike Kobe IX Protro

kind of valid though considering protro is supposed to be an upgrade
React is an upgrade to Lunarlon. The only protro that wasn’t an upgrade is the 4. Maybe the 5 and 6 if you consider the removal of the heel zoom. We were spoiled by the protro 1 and now people complain when there is no full length zoom.

React is an upgrade to Lunarlon. The only protro that wasn’t an upgrade is the 4. Maybe the 5 and 6 if you consider the removal of the heel zoom. We were spoiled by the protro 1 and now people complain when there is no full length zoom.
The react has been more firm, has also made the 8s feel like they fit much tighter/more snug. Slightly heavier as well. Not to mention they eliminated the layer of cushion that was under the lunarlon and the knit isn’t as thick as the OG.

He has some legit gripes, just like we all do in these threads. The elite 9s, to me, were the best overall Kobe to play in. From traction, to support, to comfort.

Last edited:
This line re releasing was supposed to be a Protro version. Protro was supposed to mean upgrades but same looks. When you are getting a version that was basically the same as the originals, with insignificant, arguably inferior changes, then it is not Protro, but instead a "Retro". That was his point, which is legit since you are also paying more. Funny how a lot of people do not get that basic point. Shows how the level of comprehension of some is at nowadays.

Last edited:
This line re releasing was supposed to be a Protro version. Protro was supposed to mean upgrades but same looks. When you are getting a version that was basically the same as the originals, with insignificant, arguably inferior changes, then it is not Protro, but instead a "Retro". That was his point, which is legit since you are also paying more. Funny how a lot of people do not get that basic point. Shows how the level of comprehension of some is at nowadays.
Protro was only supposed to mean current tech in old product design, and I feel like it means just about as much as the "Pro", "Air", or "Ultra" marketing jargon in tech nowadays. Nike has been doing this since the Elite line (which is funny since now we have Elite and non-elite protros). Elite models were supposed to be upgraded models for the postseason, but down the line we were arguably inferior models with a higher price tag.

And they have failed to do that.
There are Retros of past models but have yet to see a legitimate Protro.

They pretty much stopped with the 5 and 6

What's funny is the 8 elite came with zoom in the heel and forefoot and the 9 ID came with full length zoom

and the Zion 3 which is Kobe 8 like comes with zoom in the forefoot, and the strap comes with full length

For those who had the elite high masterpiece’s, how was the comfort? Was it responsive cushioning, or more of a squishy firm feeling underneath your foot?

For those who had the elite high masterpiece’s, how was the comfort? Was it responsive cushioning, or more of a squishy firm feeling underneath your foot?
Full length Lunarlon, low profile with a slight squish, but not bouncy like zoom or boost.

What's it like playing in Kobe 9 Highs? I haven't played in highs in a minute and don't think I'll ever go back to them after using lows but the Kobe 9s are like extra high. Does it affect mobility or make you feel slower??

They pretty much stopped with the 5 and 6

What's funny is the 8 elite came with zoom in the heel and forefoot and the 9 ID came with full length zoom

and the Zion 3 which is Kobe 8 like comes with zoom in the forefoot, and the strap comes with full length
None of the 9s had full length zoom or even a zoom bag including the iD. 11 iD gave the option of a full length zoom bag in the drop in mid sole..

None of the 9s had full length zoom or even a zoom bag including the iD. 11 iD gave the option of a full length zoom bag in the drop in mid sole..

Yup.. I only got the 11's with full length zoom and I rotated them in all my kicks with drop in.

Unfortunately many years later the full length zoom is no longer bouncy and basically dead.

FB_IMG_1723981211474.jpg

Still got 2 pairs of Nike iD. Would love them to bring it back...

Absolutely not. That’s flipped and reversed. Elite 9 lows the best Kobe’s I’ve ever played in. Flyknit wasn’t even that stiff.

Does it seem like the sculpting of the heel lining is a bit different here compared to the OG? Not talking about the ultra high sock part, but the foam around where the ankle bone would be looks thicker.

Attachments

• nike-kobe-9-elite-protro-halo-fz7334-100-3.jpg
    nike-kobe-9-elite-protro-halo-fz7334-100-3.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 666
Back
Top Bottom