NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

I remember getting the Grinch's on ndc and couldn't believe it. They were gone in one minute and this time will obviously be no different, except the fact that I'll probably get a quick L from Snkrs. I think anyone thinking they'll see these hit $400 can forget about it. That one guy that posted that he got his for over $400 will look like a bargain when all is said and done. Hopefully they made these just as comfortable as the og VI's.

Nike is being irresponsible for making the Kobe line limited after his passing. They should know better.

But yeah.....no better feeling than catching an L on Christmas morning......during a pandemic. Good times y’all. :frown:

The Grinches dropped on Christmas day technically (for the East Coast). I just checked my confirmation email for that order and it is Sat, Dec 25, 2010, 12:09 AM.
So really they kinda dropped on Xmas eve. The same was the case the previous year for the Chaos Vs. I remember wrapping presents and then scoring a pair off of NDC lol

Man I totally disagree with your opinion about the hype because of his death. Are you forgetting about the F2B pack and other fairly limited releases? from my OWN retail experience (just my own), his GR shoes sold decent but also sat, went on sale, and then went to outlets

I would agree that prices have skyrocketed after his death which is normal for most high-profile individuals, but i also think these protros would have sold anyway if he was still alive

I don't think you read my post correctly.. I've been buying Kobe's since his adidas days and i'm located in socal. Kobe still has his sell outs on sneakers, but a lot of LESS POPULAR colorways made it to outlets, or went on sale. I remember the F2B, and that was a very limited drop and an instant sell out.. I scored ZERO pairs. Undefeated Protro 4s were available for less that retail on the after market, same goes for protro 1s ( I got the AS pair off stockx for $86 (before his passing)).

I don't think you read my post correctly.. I've been buying Kobe's since his adidas days and i'm located in socal. Kobe still has his sell outs on sneakers, but a lot of LESS POPULAR colorways made it to outlets, or went on sale. I remember the F2B, and that was a very limited drop and an instant sell out.. I scored ZERO pairs. Undefeated Protro 4s were available for less that retail on the after market, same goes for protro 1s ( I got the AS pair off stockx for $86 (before his passing)).
Ohh it wasnt even the less popular ones. 81 pts Protros... I remember being in the forum for those and of course folks were hyped. Someone even posted a FL code that folks were able to use. So I got a pair from there and also got a pair from NDC as well.. and ended up returning the NDC pair as one was enough for me. And this was January 2019. Fast forward to August 2019.. I was in Maryland and went to the outlet and 81pts were there in masses.... couldnt help but cop another pair for 80 something bucks.

got cha. I might have misunderstood. Yes the less popular cws barely moved without being discounted. Thanks for clarifying

I'm thinking we are close to that resell bubble on kobes popping.. unless they drop a player collab/big stages/limited etc, the rest of his pairs shouldn't get much hype or carry significant resell value and that's good for kobe sneakerheads. Very interested to see how the other kobe 6s move.

I remember getting the Grinch's on ndc and couldn't believe it. They were gone in one minute and this time will obviously be no different, except the fact that I'll probably get a quick L from Snkrs. I think anyone thinking they'll see these hit $400 can forget about it. That one guy that posted that he got his for over $400 will look like a bargain when all is said and done. Hopefully they made these just as comfortable as the og VI's.
Respect, but mostly speculation. Even though the grinch sold out quick the first time, I got my pair for 250 after release. After release, prices will normalize (resale wise)

Bruce lee 5s while not the same shoe, sold out instantly and can be had at 300 or so. No reason to think that these will be any different...especially with so many holiday releases coming.

Respect, but mostly speculation. Even though the grinch sold out quick the first time, I got my pair for 250 after release. After release, prices will normalize (resale wise)

Bruce lee 5s while not the same shoe, sold out instantly and can be had at 300 or so. No reason to think that these will be any different...especially with so many holiday releases coming.

I disagree. The Bruce Lee’s were always sought after. But not on this kevel. This is regarded as one of the best Kobe designs ever, of course the Bruce Lee’s are too but this is certainly thr best Xmas design so there will be a lot of people competing to get a-pair. Do I think they will only be a $300 especially when fans and resellers are sitting at home on Xmas eve? Nope. Back when the VI’s like these and the All Star pairs released resale was around $300 but this shoe just hits differently. Even the Bruce Lee’s on stockx were going tor 3-400 before they dropped. They weren’t selling for 800-1K like the Grinch’s are so I think that is your early indication of people asking stupid prices. I’m not saying they will all sell for that but definitely over $300.

Last edited:
I disagree. The Bruce Lee’s were always sought after. But not on this kevel. This is regarded as one of the best Kobe designs and certainly best Xmas design so there will be a lot of people competing to get apair. Do I think they will only be a $300 especially when fans and resellers are sitting at home on Xmas eve? Nope. Back when the limoted VI’s like these and the All Star pairs released resale was around $300 but this shoe just hits differently.
It is one of the best kobe designs. But the 6 in itself isn't "the favorite" of the line. Some would argue that the 4,5,8 and 9 were just as good or better.

Either way, it doesn't really matter. To say that 400 will be a bargain is to assume that this release will be both as limited and as sought after as some off white releases and that's never going to be case with most Kobe releases.

I feel like 400 or so would be a fair prediction. But to say that 400 will look like a bargain? Nah, I don't subscribe to that. Even if I did, I'd never give lurker, pooh butt resellers a reference point to charge more based on nt conversation.

There's just no reason at this point to believe that the grinch will do any better or worse than any of the other previously released popular colorways. Especially because nobody knows how many pairs are releasing.

If anything, I'm concerned with how many people (potential resellers) seem to be getting their hands on pairs early.

Nike..... PLEASE!
dc8bc3622aa57f1c6e5c9448eba65587.gif

It is one of the best kobe designs. But the 6 in itself isn't "the favorite" of the line. Some would argue that the 4,5,8 and 9 were just as good or better.

Either way, it doesn't really matter. To say that 400 will be a bargain is to assume that this release will be both as limited and as sought after as some off white releases and that's never going to be case with most Kobe releases.

I feel like 400 or so would be a fair prediction. But to say that 400 will look like a bargain? Nah, I don't subscribe to that. Even if I did, I'd never give lurker, pooh butt resellers a reference point to charge more based on nt conversation.

There's just no reason at this point to believe that the grinch will do any better or worse than any of the other previously released popular colorways. Especially because nobody knows how many pairs are releasing.

If anything, I'm concerned with how many people (potential resellers) seem to be getting their hands on pairs early.

Trust me I recognize which pairs are the most sought after, I have been buying Kobe’s since they started. Imo the V’s are the best comfort wise and for playing ball. I have both Big Stages and obviously the prices for those are crazy. The VI is obviously not the most popular but this particular colorway has been anticipated for so long and the resale has been over 1K for a while on the og’s. For my size 12 do I think I will find a pair for $325-350? I hope so but no I don’t. The resellers are getting their paors regardless just like they do for every limited release. We’ll check back on release day and see where these go but I don’t think it’s gonna be pretty.

Last edited:
Trust me I recognize which pairs are the most sought after, I have been buying Kobe’s since they started. The VI is obviously not the most popular but this particular colorway has been anticipated for so long and the resale has been over 1K for a while on the og’s. For my size 12 do I think I will find a pair for 350? I hope so but no I don’t. The resellers are getting their paors regardless just like they do for every limited release. We’ll check back on release day and see where these go but I don’t think it’s gonna be pretty.
Believe me, I wasn't trying to insult your kobe product line intelligence.

I just don't think there's any significant proof that the grinch release will be any more or any less screwed than the other releases.

Release day won't tell the story. We'll check back in the middle of January...then we will know what's what.

Believe me, I wasn't trying to insult your kobe product line intelligence.

I just don't think there's any significant proof that the grinch release will be any more or any less screwed than the other releases.

Release day won't tell the story. We'll check back in the middle of January...then we will know what's what.

I’m not offended 😀

The proof to me is what the asking and selling prices have been on the resale market. I don’t think these will go for 1K but I do think they’ll be more than the Bruce Lee’s and won’t be a bargain like the V Rings.

loved the VI's for balling. it's too bad the blue camo and mangos aren't slated for release. really wanted those again.

Back
Top Bottom