NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

Before release resale market is super artificially inflated like fake booty meat.

Yes but this one is currently higher than previous Kobe releases. And I’m not including the Undefeated pack which I didn’t care for. Like I said, you could get a Bruce Lee pair for $300-400 before it released. You’ll be hard pressed to find a Grinch pair to anything in that range at the moment. I hope I’m wrong but I think for my size when all is said and done, I’ll have to be willing to pay over $350 and most likely $400 at least. And talking about it isn’t going to help the hype either 🤣

Last edited:
Yes but this one is currently higher than previous Kobe releases. And I’m not including the Undefeated pack which I didn’t care for. Like I said, you could get a Bruce Lee pair for $300-400 before it released. You’ll be hard pressed to find a Grinch pair to anything in that range at the moment. I hope I’m wrong but I think for my size when all is said and done, I’ll have to be willing to pay over $350 and most likely $400 at least. And talking about it isn’t going to help the hype either 🤣
I agree with you. The only point I'm making is the inflation isn't based on market principles or an actual trend. It's just a number thrown out there Willy nilly. A great example of this is the current list value on stock x of my size 10.5 (for example) the OG is listed at $1,340 and the retro is at $1,200.

Well, what's the last sale of the retro in that particular size? Nothing...none have sold. Which suggests that the asking price, (pre release) is too high.

Imo

I agree with you. The only point I'm making is the inflation isn't based on market principles or an actual trend. It's just a number thrown out there Willy nilly. A great example of this is the current list value on stock x of my size 10.5 (for example) the OG is listed at $1,340 and the retro is at $1,200.

Well, what's the last sale of the retro in that particular size? Nothing...none have sold. Which suggests that the asking price, (pre release) is too high.

Imo

The last sale im my size was $750 and a size 10 sold for $730 . So people are asking stupid prices and getting paid for it. I doubt that will be the final sales price in a few weeks but I think it will still be more than the recent V’s. If the buyers were less eager with the V Rings and didn’t keep meeting the ask; we would be getting decent deals on them. But sometimes too many people can’t help themselves and want the instant gratification of getting them early or just don’t mind burning money.

The last sale im my size was $750 and a size 10 sold for $730 . So people are asking stupid prices and getting paid for it. I doubt that will be the final sales price in a few weeks but I think it will still be more than the recent V’s. If the buyers were less eager with the V Rings and didn’t keep meeting the ask; we would be getting decent deals on them. But sometimes too many people can’t help themselves and want the instant gratification of getting them early or just don’t mind burning money.
I think 400 with be close to market post release rather than a huge bargain as you suggested. That's all

You didn't say that. You said 400 would be a "bargain"

Meaning resale will be much higher than that after release.

The person on the thread said they got it for about $440. I think that will be considered a bargain. I said think my size will range around 450 and higher. They are currently selling for $750. Of course nobody knows for sure but I don’t think they will be $350,

Last edited:
If anybody comes across someone in Virginia trying to sell a pair of dead stock Kobe VI Preludes for $250, don’t bite. Just got scammed on OfferUp, and I’m sure he’s got em posted elsewhere. ****in pissed at myself but wanted to let y’all know so no one makes the same mistake. Knew the price was too good to be true and I still bit.

If anybody comes across someone in Virginia trying to sell a pair of dead stock Kobe VI Preludes for $250, don’t bite. Just got scammed on OfferUp, and I’m sure he’s got em posted elsewhere. ****in pissed at myself but wanted to let y’all know so no one makes the same mistake. Knew the price was too good to be true and I still bit.
Offer up has buyer protection unless you bought them in person?

I just started messing with that app, I noticed there’s a lot of sketchy **** , if u been in this game for a while you should have a good BS radar... stay woke bruh. What happened tho

All stars do look really good. I had OGs and always was underwhelmed by them versus how they looked in pics. Maybe cuz they had a nice pop to them when they’re new but after worn they didn’t hold up that good.

Offer up has buyer protection unless you bought them in person?
I paid through CashApp which they don’t offer protection through. ****ed up thing is his profile has some “TruYou Verification” so OfferUp was touting this dude up like he’s legit.

basically dude was asking $250, we agreed to a price. He said if I sent $200 then he’d go to the post office tomorrow morning and ship. Next day he messages me saying he’s at the post office and needs the $50. I stupidly send it, he says “hey my boss says the shipping is an extra $30 to where you’re at, can you send thst over?”.

That’s when I knew it was BS, so I asked for my refund. He said he could only send the $250 back if I sent another $100 to his business account then he’d send the whole $350 back. I laughed at him thinking I was this dumb, then he’s been ghosting me since. Tried contacting OfferUp and CashApp but to no avail. Awful customer service on both apps.

I paid through CashApp which they don’t offer protection through. ****ed up thing is his profile has some “TruYou Verification” so OfferUp was touting this dude up like he’s legit.

basically dude was asking $250, we agreed to a price. He said if I sent $200 then he’d go to the post office tomorrow morning and ship. Next day he messages me saying he’s at the post office and needs the $50. I stupidly send it, he says “hey my boss says the shipping is an extra $30 to where you’re at, can you send thst over?”.

That’s when I knew it was BS, so I asked for my refund. He said he could only send the $250 back if I sent another $100 to his business account then he’d send the whole $350 back. I laughed at him thinking I was this dumb, then he’s been ghosting me since. Tried contacting OfferUp and CashApp but to no avail. Awful customer service on both apps.
People can be scums all the time but around this time of year....really brings out the absolute worst🤦🏾‍♂️ Hate that even happened to you fam....

bruh....

anyone can get tru you verification

never pay outside of offer up, soon as I read cash app knew it was a scam.

im sorry bro :frown:

Back
Top Bottom