Nike Kyrie Infinity

Ja Morant gonna replace him?

I hardly buy basketball shoes anymore (except for Kobes but rarely as I get no love from snkrs app) so I won't miss this line. Probably get a pair of 5 lows down the road.

If I’m Nike I’m 💯 not renewing. Guy is a basket case who **** on his own shoe. Give Ja the line.
Agreed. But … Ja should have it anyway even if they unfortunately don’t resign Kyrie.

I love Kai but I mean let’s call a spade a spade, he’s a nut ball. Erratic. Selfish. Injury prone. A head case. He can’t be relied on basically on any level whatsoever. Even on the floor let alone in a contract for a signature shoe. At this point Ja definitely deserves it more. They both idolize Kobe and wore his shoes, Ja to this day. Hopefully they take design and feel cues.

It’s most unfortunate because the Kyrie 8 is by far the best basketball shoe I’ve played in as a guard since the Kobe 8, and it’s by far the best performing and comfortable Kyrie I’ve ever owned, by a large margin.

And I mean he’s super talented. The NBA Kanye. But he publicly humiliated and fried his own shoe before the season and before it dropped.

Even more odd because it is such a great performer and the best in his entire line.

Nike was cornered with this as the only move anyway. Not even that shocking. Nets this week even insinuated they’re done with Kyrie.

His mental breakdown over the years has him feeling more and more like Starbury 2.0

Kyrie 1s had to be one of my favorite balls shoes ever, I had some of my best games outdoors in them..I’ll probably get another future kyrie with Nike now not resigning him

Given Kyrie’s controversy, it’s still pretty surprising this is happening. His shoes are still really popular. Definitely seen them the most by people when playing ball. Back when the SpongeBob pack released you couldn’t go a day without seeing someone wear them
I still see kids wearin spongebobs. Wherever I go to hoop, doesn’t matter where, I see people rockin the Kyrie 7’s. People love this mans shoes.

Ja Morant gonna replace him?

I hardly buy basketball shoes anymore (except for Kobes but rarely as I get no love from snkrs app) so I won't miss this line. Probably get a pair of 5 lows down the road.
How could he possibly replace him? People think Ja makes the grizzlies worse, why would they choose him over Kyrie?

I remember there were already rumors that ja would get his own shoe, I think it’s possible that ja is the one that replaces kyrie in the sig shoe line

too many sigs out there already, but ja does deserve it
He does, but I see no reason to terminate Kyrie’s just so Ja can have one. Don’t get me wrong, I like Ja, but I also really like Kyrie.

If Nike is gonna terminate anyone, it should be Westbrook. 🤷‍♂️

He does, but I see no reason to terminate Kyrie’s just so Ja can have one. Don’t get me wrong, I like Ja, but I also really like Kyrie.

If Nike is gonna terminate anyone, it should be Westbrook. 🤷‍♂️

they aren't terminating kyrie's contract, it's just not being renewed. seems like the agreement with kyrie was 9 signature shoes and that's where we're at for next season. while i like kyrie as a player and as a person (not going to debate this), i completely understand why a company like nike doesn't want him on the payroll given the highly political climate we're living in.

too many sigs out there already, but ja does deserve it

Nike dropping Kyrie's line:
mordo-too-many.gif

I call bs on Nike’s side. I think they only did it to quiet him a little because some of his views are bad for their brand. And secondly, sales on the 8’s have been significantly slow I think due to his negative comments about the shoe and not wearing them much. Resellers will certainly gobble up some of the shoes to increase sales for them. I think they’ll get a new deal around January.

Kyrie has had arguably the best looking signature basketball shoe with the exception of maybe LeBron.

KD line >
Kobe >

But Kyrie does have a very good line. 7’s are legendary. Such a good looking shoe, though my fav the 1’s.

I wanna say Yanni but he only got 3 kicks, he hasnt had a miss yet though.

I call bs on Nike’s side. I think they only did it to quiet him a little because some of his views are bad for their brand. And secondly, sales on the 8’s have been significantly slow I think due to his negative comments about the shoe and not wearing them much. Resellers will certainly gobble up some of the shoes to increase sales for them. I think they’ll get a new deal around January.

I was definitely thinking how does something like this even get out from staying in between Nike and Kyrie lol “internal sources”

I wonder the same when it comes to like NBA team decision rumors.

Because he's exciting as hell on the court and is always in highlights and is actually likable.

More likeable than Kyrie but hes been too much Twitter fingers lately. He talking too much too like he did anything in this league. :lol:

He’ll get a deal though. First shoe gonna be the Hollow Point 1’s. First colorway gon be the Check My Stripes. :pimp:

I was definitely thinking how does something like this even get out from staying in between Nike and Kyrie lol “internal sources”

I wonder the same when it comes to like NBA team decision rumors.
That’s what I’m saying!!! Especially with such a fickle and combustible person Kyrie can be about things that make him look a certain way! I just think this was done to increase sales for the 8, which are a phenomenal basketball shoe!!!

It couldn’t be sales in the US the shoes came out in February… with 6 of the 9 colorway dropping all within the last week/week and a half

Back
Top Bottom