Nike LeBron 19 - Disco Season

1633448073683.png

1633448098547.png

1633448144216.png

Is it really hard to manufacture..? They are about to release a newly designed Foamposite 1 for CDG. I just think they burned the community on them with some cool, but some awful colors/concepts and they may not have been getting the returns they would have expected.. I think with where Bron is in his career, gaining a bigger fan base then when they initially released and who he plays for now, they'll do good on release. Or it could be my wishful thinking! 😂🤣
The 4, imo, really made his line take off. Where Nike dropped the ball is with the GR colorways. The initial 2 were dope, but the all white, all black, and blk red pair were atrocious. The limited colorways were dope but 2 were extremely hard to get. But it was the first Lebron that I thought Nike really put a lot of thought into. Also, it was the first Lebron that had PE pairs that really raised the bar for his kicks. I think what hurt his line was the 5 and 6 (2 of his worst models imo) and it didn't pick back up til the 7. I'll always view the 4 as a huge part of the success of his line.

I just want some 4's.. I know they got to retro them at some point, I'm just hoping for sooner rather than later..

With all the foam hype a few years ago that seemed like a no brainer.

That’s one I hope they go crazy with the Retro+ colorways….

An “Eggplant” CW would go so hard.

I’d guess the 4’s never come back. The foamposite material is hard to manufacture and put together. I like the 4’s but on foot they looked goofy imo.

This right here - weighed a tonne and you really needed to be wearing them on court which in itself was problem due to how OD bulky/heavy they were. I had the 'Birthday' and White/Navy pairs which both looked good in hand, but I never ended up wearing them as they kinda looked silly when actually worn casually.

I worked Nike retail when these dropped and they were RTVed heavy - not even sure if they sold at the outlets or were ultimately shredded as I barely saw anyone wearing them. The white/silver pairs yellowed heavily just sitting on shelves.

Maybe someone can jog my memory but were the IVs also priced quite high and the V that came after was priced lower?

This right here - weighed a tonne and you really needed to be wearing them on court which in itself was problem due to how OD bulky/heavy they were. I had the 'Birthday' and White/Navy pairs which both looked good in hand, but I never ended up wearing them as they kinda looked silly when actually worn casually.

I worked Nike retail when these dropped and they were RTVed heavy - not even sure if they sold at the outlets or were ultimately shredded as I barely saw anyone wearing them. The white/silver pairs yellowed heavily just sitting on shelves.

Maybe someone can jog my memory but were the IVs also priced quite high and the V that came after was priced lower?
Retail was $150 and considering they had full length zoom and foam, it was fairly priced. I have no idea what the 5 or 6 retailed for bc I was so tuned out with those.

The 4, imo, really made his line take off. Where Nike dropped the ball is with the GR colorways. The initial 2 were dope, but the all white, all black, and blk red pair were atrocious. The limited colorways were dope but 2 were extremely hard to get. But it was the first Lebron that I thought Nike really put a lot of thought into. Also, it was the first Lebron that had PE pairs that really raised the bar for his kicks. I think what hurt his line was the 5 and 6 (2 of his worst models imo) and it didn't pick back up til the 7. I'll always view the 4 as a huge part of the success of his line.

I'll agree with you that the IV PEs were quite nice looking and most of the GRs (especially the 3 you mentioned) were garbage save for the limited pairs. Design wise I think the III and IV took influence from the Jordan XI but the IV sold extremely poorly and it might've almost done his sneaker line in. I recall the Soldier model selling significantly better.

The Vs and VIs were designed to make up for the losses incurred due to the IV and I think they did OK at retail despite their looks as they performed decently and were priced lower. I think the line only picked up with the VII and the use of Air Max.

That said I could see Nike bringing the IV back as some type of limited retro with some cost cutting to reduce overall weight (which might be a good thing in this case) and hopefully only PE and retro+ colourways.

The black red 19s are on Goat…I want to pull trigger on these but a sz12 with all the fees is $397…🥶🥶🥶😬

Retail was $150 and considering they had full length zoom and foam, it was fairly priced. I have no idea what the 5 or 6 retailed for bc I was so tuned out with those.

Didn't like the 5 or 6 at all.

The 6 is when they really got started with the limited mess

When people complain about new Lebron's, I just think back to the Lebron 5, because that IMO is the worst of the line

Didn't like the 5 or 6 at all.

The 6 is when they really got started with the limited mess

When people complain about new Lebron's, I just think back to the Lebron 5, because that IMO is the worst of the line
Yeah, the 5 was the worst until the 13 came out. I loathed the 5 for so long (and still do) and the 6 wasn't much better. Both were low points in the line. The 13 and 14 were just as bad.

I like the black/red 19s too but I ain't paying no $400 for them when they can be easily had for half that price in two weeks and potential less months down the road.

I didn't even pay $400 for the SB 8s in my sz 14.

Back
Top Bottom