Nike Lebron 20

Have we seen the REAL XX’s?

• Yes

Votes: 108 75.5%
  • No

Votes: 35 24.5%

• Total voters
No shoe on the market ever in my lifetime has been worth $200 price tag, IMO.

Not a basketball/lifestyle sneaker, but the AlphaFly Next% (ZoomX, CF plate and two FF Air Zoom Units) and VaporFly Next% (ZoomX and CF plate) racing series are worth it if you’re really into running races, IMO.

I think they definitely helped me get into the Top 25 overall finishers (of ~14,000).

i’m a big fan of the simple design, my style changed as i got older

but nike gotta be BIG MAD if he forced their hand and cancelled the real 20 which supposedly looked like a 19

they probably had a crazy amount of marketing ready to go into the 20 because it’s you know 20…

and he comes out with the lebron monarchs lol

can’t wait how nike spins this into a 2 decade shoe for $200

air jordan 20 was pretty garbage to be honest
AJ 20 was the truth considering what they were putting out 15-19 IMO.. I was SO looking forward to putting them shoes on when I came home on leave from Iraq! I was flexing them joints Will Smith(Mike Lowery) style with a sleeveless t shirt, shades, chain and Jordan pants with the guns out!😂🤣😂 good times..

i’m a big fan of the simple design, my style changed as i got older

but nike gotta be BIG MAD if he forced their hand and cancelled the real 20 which supposedly looked like a 19

they probably had a crazy amount of marketing ready to go into the 20 because it’s you know 20…

and he comes out with the lebron monarchs lol

can’t wait how nike spins this into a 2 decade shoe for $200

I agree with most you said, but honestly Nike doesnt market their shoes like they used to. I bet the 20 won’t even get a commercial.

If these are in fact the Lebron 20, I’m thankful Nike will help me save money. Very much a non-sig Lebron looking shoe and they look lazy af. Plus I love visible air and higher cuts. Big pass for me
I agree with this.. Definitely feels like it was phoned in design wise, or “rushed” LeBron 6 style.. You can DEFINITELY tell the narrative being pushed. It was debatable seeing them by themselves, it’s confirmed seeing him standing next to DeMar with the Kobe 6 on. I’m with someone else(can’t remember who said it) that Brand LeBron should have signed Zion instead of trying to go for Luka considering his body type and they could have put all the air they wanted in them joints!😂
1658162467161.png

Last edited:
Lol they look great. Sometime less is more, especially with what they been doing with his line. The 15 was super simple and yet that’s what some say brought back the line. We’ve seen one monochrome colorway. I’d wait until we’ve seen multiple colorways before I say it’s rushed/boring/etc.

The ones saying that are the same ones who covet kobes now, but let that man shoe sit when he was alive.

What? :lol: Kobes hvae ALWAYS been popular in the basketball world. EVERYONE was wearing Kobes before he died. Just cause it didnt sell out every colorway doesnt mean anything.

That happens when someone passed. Just the ugly truth.

But Kobe’s are one of the most popular ball kicks ever so for some to just “sit” before he died really means nothing.

being a little hypocritical aren’t we? Like you said and alot of us know, Kobes totally sat on retail and discount shelves prior to his passing and before the FTBs came out. Most of kobes shoes/hype popularity wise has come since retirement and his passing

I like them, but the air jordan 20 was a real 20th anniversary shoe. I’ll def cop a pair of these tho.
Not the way it was rolled out. Daniel Ewing with the Clippers at that time, who was not a Jordan Brand member, was the first person to wear them in an NBA game, never mind the fact he cut the ankle straps off as well.

being a little hypocritical aren’t we? Like you said and alot of us know, Kobes totally sat on retail and discount shelves prior to his passing and before the FTBs came out. Most of kobes shoes/hype popularity wise has come since retirement and his passing

Hypocritical? What :lol:

They sat SURE, yes I said that twice already. The statement other dude made was "let that mans shoe sit when he was alive" as if NO ONE wore Kobes. Do yall even ball? EVERYONE wore Kobes, EVERYONE. Thats my point. Nothing about on damn value or how much they cost now whatever, that isnt my point. Ya'll thinking this from a hype standpoint whatever, but dont yall dare say his death made his shoes popular. :lol: Maybe to the beasts, but his shoes among basketball players been popular for YEARS.

Last edited:
Hypocritical? What :lol:

They sat SURE, yes I said that twice already. The statement other dude made was "let that mans shoe sit when he was alive" as if NO ONE wore Kobes. Do yall even ball? EVERYONE wore Kobes, EVERYONE. Thats my point. Nothing about on damn value or how much they cost now whatever, that isnt my point. Ya'll thinking this from a hype standpoint whatever, but dont yall dare say his death made his shoes popular. :lol: Maybe to the beasts, but his shoes among basketball players been popular for YEARS.

I don’t follow college or pro ball as closely as others so maybe I’m not fully knowledgeable. My opinion came from working in retail when kobes sat on shelves, then discounted, and then RTV’ed back to nike to be sold at outlets. The kobe 6-8 didn’t sell “well” in my area and alot of customers wanted brons over beans. I feel since AD started wearing kobes on the regular as a “big man” / center that’s kinda when other players jumped on the train and started wearing more low cut shoes.

Again my opinion and experience

I don’t follow college or pro ball as closely as others so maybe I’m not fully knowledgeable. My opinion came from working in retail when kobes sat on shelves, then discounted, and then RTV’ed back to nike to be sold at outlets. The kobe 6-8 didn’t sell “well” in my area and alot of customers wanted brons over beans. I feel since AD started wearing kobes on the regular as a “big man” / center that’s kinda when other players jumped on the train and started wearing more low cut shoes.

Again my opinion and experience

Nah bro, I been playing ball my whole life and Kobes have ALWAYS been immensely popular. From middle school to the pros Kobes have been a staple in any gym. Id argue and say Kobes are less popular now than they were in the mid/late 2000’s. Obviously a lot has to do with them being hard to get now and that they arent produced but them sitting is not an indication of how popular they were. I dont think ive met another baller whos never had atleast one pair of Kobes ever. I actually found Kobe’s uncomfy, they never worked my feet sans a few but man...EVERYWHERE.

Nah bro, I been playing ball my whole life and Kobes have ALWAYS been immensely popular. From middle school to the pros Kobes have been a staple in any gym. Id argue and say Kobes are less popular now than they were in the mid/late 2000’s. Obviously a lot has to do with them being hard to get now and that they arent produced but them sitting is not an indication of how popular they were. I dont think ive met another baller whos never had atleast one pair of Kobes ever. I actually found Kobe’s uncomfy, they never worked my feet sans a few but man...EVERYWHERE.
So you’re taking a personal anecdote based on your experiences and projecting that with a blanket statement that “Kobe’s were popular all the time” is that right? Lmao. Well from MY personal experience, Kobe’s sat. The 1s you could get at Marshall’s, same with the 2s and 3s. 4s became popular because of the low top switch, but it’s not like they were a “I need to be lining up for these” type shoe. I got OG 4-7s for super cheap… was that because they were extremely popular? No it’s because they sat lol. The 8s gained some hype but even then you could CWs easily and for cheap. I could go on and on but they weren’t flying off the shelves - your revisionist history is either super personal to your experience, or just wrong lmao.

That happens when someone passed. Just the ugly truth.

But Kobe’s are one of the most popular ball kicks ever so for some to just “sit” before he died really means nothing.
Word, basketball shoes are supposed to sit so you can go buy them from the store to hoop in.

Back
Top Bottom