Have we seen the REAL XX’s?

• Yes

Votes: 108 75.5%
  • No

Votes: 35 24.5%

• Total voters
the jordan XIX was one of the most comfortable sneaker i’ve ever worn

i really liked the 21 a lot too

the 18 and 19 had some of the best cushioning in a bball shoe double stacked zoom. going from 18 and 19 to the 20 and its pods was not the way lol

Word, basketball shoes are supposed to sit so you can go buy them from the store to hoop in.
QFT!!!
The same MFs calling shoes bricks are the ones suited and booted hooping tossing up bricks LOL! Biased but I was living in Cali for the first decade of that Nike Kobe line and I swear that **** sold like hotcakes down there. Nothing was ever completely unattainable but it took effort depending on your size. The annual Kobe v. LeBron sig thread beef on NT was real back then too haha! What a time to be alive.

No way to quantify this but I feel like back in the day I’d see more non-signature shoes on the court… Nike was killing it with Shox BB4, Ultraflights, 2K3’s, Flighposites, Uptempo’s, etc (list off the dome I’m sure I’m forgetting some heat). Also not including all the darn Pro-models 😂 that I never understood why they were so popular, bought a pair and they hurt like hell wearing em.

So you’re taking a personal anecdote based on your experiences and projecting that with a blanket statement that “Kobe’s were popular all the time” is that right? Lmao. Well from MY personal experience, Kobe’s sat. The 1s you could get at Marshall’s, same with the 2s and 3s. 4s became popular because of the low top switch, but it’s not like they were a “I need to be lining up for these” type shoe. I got OG 4-7s for super cheap… was that because they were extremely popular? No it’s because they sat lol. The 8s gained some hype but even then you could CWs easily and for cheap. I could go on and on but they weren’t flying off the shelves - your revisionist history is either super personal to your experience, or just wrong lmao.
Lmao a shoe sitting doesn't correlate to how popular it is. It just talks about how many numbers nike is pumping out for that particular shoe. Kobe 9 flyknits sold out every single time because they were limited. Just because kobes sat, doesn't mean it was probably the most popular ball shoe at that time.

Again it’s not the popularity it’s the exploitation.. In the basketball world Kobe’s are very popular, casually they just weren’t… When kobe was alive fans of the line could easily cop shoes for retail and even discount…the 1 were a great performer, definitely nothing todays consumer would want basketball wise (heavy and bulky), nor casually, I got a couple pair from the outlets on deep discount.. think I paid 165 for 2 pair… this same colorways today are on resale platforms for 500+… if we’re talking OG Kobe’s they sat for sure… nowadays they’re instant sellouts to sit marked up on resale platform to exploit the people that really want em cause Kobe passed. Mambacitas we’re a colorway that were on their way to sitting. Before kob passed and the deal expired..

So you’re taking a personal anecdote based on your experiences and projecting that with a blanket statement that “Kobe’s were popular all the time” is that right? Lmao. Well from MY personal experience, Kobe’s sat. The 1s you could get at Marshall’s, same with the 2s and 3s. 4s became popular because of the low top switch, but it’s not like they were a “I need to be lining up for these” type shoe. I got OG 4-7s for super cheap… was that because they were extremely popular? No it’s because they sat lol. The 8s gained some hype but even then you could CWs easily and for cheap. I could go on and on but they weren’t flying off the shelves - your revisionist history is either super personal to your experience, or just wrong lmao.

You ever play ball? Legit question. EVERYONE wore Kobes. Yall really arguing that Kobe shoes were never popular. That is absolutely COMICAL. I cant even believe this is a debate. :lol: Kobe is a GOD in China lets not forget that.

Them sitting has NOTHING to do with how popular they were. EVERYONE today has Kyries, look at AAU to HS, college everyone has some Kyrie 7’s. They sit, so that means they arent popular? Yall wylin.

Anyways since yall want some non anecdotal stuffs.

157F2459-2787-4B1B-AB15-24A582567913.jpeg

Via BR 2017

B0977287-8DE8-429A-8330-FC0CC34FE7F4.jpeg

Via Forbes 2013

And we gonna debate how popular Kobe shoes were. Lets not even bring up why everyone wore Hyperdunks. :smh:

Ya’ll deserve jail time for this silly argument.

I mean you can also find any Kyrie, KD, PG or Lebron shoe you want on NDC right now.

More of a general basketball shoe thing than something that's unique to any one player... if it's not a limited release people will wait for discounts, no matter what the shoe.
I almost never see 19s in the wild. Maybe only 4-5 times total on court and casually. I see way more Kyries, KDs and PGs. From my perspective Nike isn't moving many units for LeBron. Couple that with LeBron hasn't wanted to wear some of his past shoes, it seems prudent to move in another direction with his shoes. These 20s seem like that response. Time will tell I guess.

Wait, not sure if you’re referring to my post but the point I was making isn’t that Kobe’s weren’t popular but that non sig shoes were more common on the courts overall. As far as signature shoes I remember seeing lots of 4-6 for sure.

IDC who’s shoe was more popular, none of that is really important to me… But I searched 2013 shoe sales and saw that article you clipped, just to be fair you left out something that’s kinda important to the discussion:
7356C9EC-BCF6-4BA3-B081-8A846DA1DC0C.jpeg

In HS I had a pair of 6’s and people started rocking Kobe’s/KD’s/LeBrons heavy in general from like 2011-2014 because of that year with the Grinch’s and South Beaches. There was def a little run there

By the time they came out with the boxing shoe looking joints it was kinda quiet for Nike Basketball again

I almost never see 19s in the wild. Maybe only 4-5 times total on court and casually. I see way more Kyries, KDs and PGs. From my perspective Nike isn't moving many units for LeBron. Couple that with LeBron hasn't wanted to wear some of his past shoes, it seems prudent to move in another direction with his shoes. These 20s seem like that response. Time will tell I guess.
I don’t really see the 19’s either, but lots of those budget models and the 18 lows.

Lebron didn’t really wear the 19’s much last season, but I don’t remember anything close to him doing that since the 11.

Wait, not sure if you’re referring to my post but the point I was making isn’t that Kobe’s weren’t popular but that non sig shoes were more common on the courts overall. As far as signature shoes I remember seeing lots of 4-6 for sure.

IDC who’s shoe was more popular, none of that is really important to me… But I searched 2013 shoe sales and saw that article you clipped, just to be fair you left out something that’s kinda important to the discussion:
7356C9EC-BCF6-4BA3-B081-8A846DA1DC0C.jpeg

Whats that have to do with how popular Kobes were? Bron just won a chips in 2012 and 13, on top of being a mega athlete of course his shoes were gonna be top dog in the league.

Whats that have to do with how popular Kobes were? Bron just won a chips in 2012 and 13, on top of being a mega athlete of course his shoes were gonna be top dog in the league.
Could you be how you phrased things bro.

Again it’s not that Kobe’s weren’t popular, because they were. But, if you say everyone had Kobes but share information that shows Lebron sold 6x as many shoes then did everyone really REALLY have Lebron’s that year?

I don’t want to turn this into an argument that I’m not even trying to make so I’ll just leave it alone… all good!

Could you be how you phrased things bro.

Again it’s not that Kobe’s weren’t popular, because they were. But, if you say everyone had Kobes but share information that shows Lebron sold 6x as many shoes then did everyone really REALLY have Lebron’s that year?

I don’t want to turn this into an argument that I’m not even trying to make so I’ll just leave it alone… all good!

Fair, but thats not what other dudes were arguing and now they quiet.

They must have went to Marshalls looking for discount kicks again.

Personal anecdote time! So back in the early 2000’s someone in the Socal forum put together a NT team and we played a season in a hoop rec league… and from what I remember most of the guys wore Jordan’s 😂

i'm assuming the people that bought lebrons never wore them because the ratio of kobe's to bron was prob 5:1 at gyms in my area

The conversation was about Kobe’s passing and the popularity before and after his death - all I said was they were waaaaaay easier to get before his passing and they weren’t as sought after or as popular as they are now. I’m not ducking **** lol, you made your points but I still stand by what I said.

And yeah I hoop 😂

So wassap we settle this on the court b. No blood no foul, game is to 32 all 1's, winner gets a $500 gift card to Marshalls.

Kobes were definitely easier to cop before he passed. I remember I picked up his first sig at the Nike outlet for $25

A got my elite 9 Mambacurials (black and pink, were they Mambacurials? cant even remember) from the hash wall at Woodbury.

A ton of his kicks were at outlets. They made THAT many of them. :lol:

Only Kobe shoes i Liked was the 2K4 (If you even wanna say they were HIS), Zoom Kobe 1, the VI and the 9.

The rest were trash.

These do remind me of a Kobe type shoe...........and I dont care for it so far. Maybe after more colorways come out.

Back
Top Bottom