Nike Lebron 20

Have we seen the REAL XX’s?

• Yes

Votes: 107 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 35 24.6%

• Total voters
There’s definitely some nostalgia factor playing in Kobe’s. Won a lot of leagues in 2008-2018 playing mainly in Kobe’s so it always brings back good memories lacing them up.

That said, Kobe’s were never durable for me, where as brons are built like tanks. The upper materials in most of my Kobe’s gave out and ripped on the lateral sides, while that’s never happened on any lebron model I’ve owned. Usually a lebrons downfall will be a popped air bubble way down the line.

I’m pretty impressed with the durability of the 20s so far. Im hard on my shoes and the foam, zoom and knit is holding up nicely. $200 is a bit steep, but $160 on discount feels perfect for them.

Kobe’s were always good performers but in my opinion it wasn’t until the Kobe 11 with the nikeID full zoom option where I felt like they became GOAT status. For it’s time Kobe’s we’re definitely the best low tops but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say we have just as good if not better performance low top shoes these days.

There’s definitely some nostalgia factor playing in Kobe’s. Won a lot of leagues in 2008-2018 playing mainly in Kobe’s so it always brings back good memories lacing them up.

That said, Kobe’s were never durable for me, where as brons are built like tanks. The upper materials in most of my Kobe’s gave out and ripped on the lateral sides, while that’s never happened on any lebron model I’ve owned. Usually a lebrons downfall will be a popped air bubble way down the line.

I’m pretty impressed with the durability of the 20s so far. Im hard on my shoes and the foam, zoom and knit is holding up nicely. $200 is a bit steep, but $160 on discount feels perfect for them.
Agreed. I’ve hooped in my TM pair the most since they first dropped and they are still holding up nicely. If anything I love how the knit feels now as compared to the first few weeks with them on court.

Besides the heel instability resulting in aching achilles, these are still my favorite hoop shoe as of now. They tick all my boxes being supportive, with nice cushion and nice traction.

The heel unstability is annoying, but nothing that's gonna keep me from playing in them.

I think some people are getting TTS which might be tad big for the heel slip to happen. If you can bear with the initial snug fit, they’ll feel awesome after break in. Sizing was a little tricky when I tried them in store and it was hard to lace them up tightly at the spread of the last two holes after the X loop cause the thick lateral/medial. Also didn’t help when I was breaking them in the first two session on a slippery court.

Besides the heel instability resulting in aching achilles, these are still my favorite hoop shoe as of now. They tick all my boxes being supportive, with nice cushion and nice traction.

The heel unstability is annoying, but nothing that's gonna keep me from playing in them.
They really gotta start making the foam stiffer on the outside edge of the heel so it doesn’t roll over as easily. Same issue with air max bags, I’m sure the tech is there to make the outside area stiffer than the inside.

I think some people are getting TTS which might be tad big for the heel slip to happen. If you can bear with the initial snug fit, they’ll feel awesome after break in. Sizing was a little tricky when I tried them in store and it was hard to lace them up tightly at the spread of the last two holes after the X loop cause the thick lateral/medial. Also didn’t help when I was breaking them in the first two session on a slippery court.
totally agree. Laces always feel short initially until the shoe upper and midsole foam breaks in a bit to let your foot sink lower into the shoe. The 20 is a great shoe but it definitely requires a good amount of break in time compared to others.

couldn't imagine sizing down lol.
Ya it’s weird. As long as the length is fine. Also try not to wear elite/thick socks when you break them in lol. I guess that’s why lebron has his with an extra lace hole since he rock a new (I assume) and diff pair every game so he ain’t got the time to break them in lol.

For ref I wear 9.5 in Kobe 5 proto with half a thumb toe room but I don’t think I can do 9 with the overall tight fit and how it presses down. 9 in the south beast EP with a quarter of a thumb length space.

Last edited:
Ah I see where you’re coming from. I wear 10.5 in Kobe protro but 10 in lebron 20. I consider 10 to be my true size as measured in one of those metal foot sizers

Ah I see where you’re coming from. I wear 10.5 in Kobe protro but 10 in lebron 20. I consider 10 to be my true size as measured in one of those metal foot sizers
Yup. 9.5 in 34 lows and 36s cause the upper is more pliable to lace them up tightly but wish I went with 9 as they loosen up in the long run but they were too narrow when fresh.

All stars at work today. Breaking them in some more

Attachments

• 2A56C5FA-07C9-42B2-AD9E-D382012221D5.jpeg
    2A56C5FA-07C9-42B2-AD9E-D382012221D5.jpeg
    520.5 KB · Views: 1,864
They really gotta start making the foam stiffer on the outside edge of the heel so it doesn’t roll over as easily. Same issue with air max bags, I’m sure the tech is there to make the outside area stiffer than the inside.

Agree with you 100 percent! I think with foam they could cage it, like Adidas did with Harden 3? Inside of the heel was nice spongy Boost, but on the outer side they caged it some so it wouldn't result in rolling over.

Kobe’s almost always have a great fit, responsiveness and traction. Sometimes that’s all I need and other times I want more cushion and support.

But the nostalgia of wearing Kobe’s > any other shoe imo

Bron’s outside left shoe (heel area) caved in earlier this season when he was planting to jump and he got up and tightened his shoe immediately. I could see that happening to us retail purchase folks but was surprised to see it happen to his personal pair.

Kobe 9s + lebron 11 drop in midsole all time greatest ball shoe imo. Have yet to find a shoe better than that for my wide feet lol.

Back
Top Bottom