• Yes

Votes: 107 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 35 24.6%

• Total voters
3BDB997A-7A76-4272-BCCC-E2AD2D713EA6.jpeg
3BDB997A-7A76-4272-BCCC-E2AD2D713EA6.jpeg
WHAT ARE THOSE?!

Tell me you haven't played in Kobes before without telling me.

Kobe's are good but I don't think his statement was that off the wall. Especially when you consider how much older the most popular Kobe's are compared to these.

I would hope a 2023 shoe is better than a 10+ year old Nike performance basketball shoe. Still comes down to preference at the end of the day.

The shoe with an extra 13 years of technology and innovation SHOULD be better than Kobe 6's to play in lol.

I like playing in my KD 3 retros because it reminds me of the shoes I played in back in high school, they're great but I'd be lying if I said they're better than some of these current shoes out right now.

Kobe's are good but I don't think his statement was that off the wall. Especially when you consider how much older the most popular Kobe's are compared to these.

I would hope a 2023 shoe is better than a 10+ year old Nike performance basketball shoe. Still comes down to preference at the end of the day.
Obviously comes down to personal preference but if you look across the NBA, way more players hooping in Kobes than LeBrons.

I love the XXs, but they’re nowhere near Kobe 5s for me.

Obviously comes down to personal preference but if you look across the NBA, way more players hooping in Kobes than LeBrons.

I love the XXs, but they’re nowhere near Kobe 5s for me.

Is that because the shoe performs better or because of Kobe's tragic passing? Once again I'm not saying Kobe's aren't great to play in at all. I LOVE late 2000's -early 2010's hyperfuse and flywire shoes.

Peak Nike Basketball era for sure and I miss it.

West Virginia player Kedrian Johnson just turned his ankle going to the basket in the Violet Frosts. He didn't land on a foot or anything, just made a move going into the paint almost by himself.

He was down for a minute then got back up and is limping around. Came hole again, made the layup, but has a noticeable limp and is grimacing.

West Virginia player Kedrian Johnson just turned his ankle going to the basket in the Violet Frosts. He didn't land on a foot or anything, just made a move going into the paint almost by himself.

He was down for a minute then got back up and is limping around. Came hole again, made the layup, but has a noticeable limp and is grimacing.

Almost same thing for me.

Went for a dunk and landed with most my weight on the heel and caused a sprain.

Second time I was going in for a euro step and on my second step again landed flat, and it took me out the game.

I wish they would make the foam / air units stiffer on the outside heel of shoes. I had that issue a lot in previous lebrons too with big heel air max like the 9 and 10.

You good now Frank?

I wish they would make the foam / air units stiffer on the outside heel of shoes. I had that issue a lot in previous lebrons too with big heel air max like the 9 and 10.

You good now Frank?

I went back the Lebron 17s for a few days but I actually last played in the 20s again and will wear them this weekend too.

I've been wearing an ankle brace and it's alright for the most part.

I went back the Lebron 17s for a few days but I actually last played in the 20s again and will wear them this weekend too.

I've been wearing an ankle brace and it's alright for the most part.
These days I try to do a light warmup for the feet and ankles before I play. Something simple like one foot hops side to side just to wake up your feet. I find it helps me avoid little tweaks here and there, as long as I don’t come down on someone’s foot trying to get a rebound I can make it through 2 hours unscathed.

These days I try to do a light warmup for the feet and ankles before I play. Something simple like one foot hops side to side just to wake up your feet. I find it helps me avoid little tweaks here and there, as long as I don’t come down on someone’s foot trying to get a rebound I can make it through 2 hours unscathed.

Thanks. I'm going to try that.

How long do you guys usually hoop for?

2 hours seems short. I end up being at the gym for nearly 4 hours, usually.

For me, still, it’s the 20 and Two wxy 3 as top performers with the 37 low sliding in as well. Kd15, fresh foam bb, spawn 5 and now Harden 7 are all in my tops right now.
You’re in TX right? Gonna be out there in a couple of weeks…DFW area.

What’s some good kick spots to hit up? Might even try to get some runs in out there if I get a chance

Thanks. I'm going to try that.

How long do you guys usually hoop for?

2 hours seems short. I end up being at the gym for nearly 4 hours, usually.
I was there from 12-4 today. Played two games, it died out so I shot for an hour, then played some more from 2-4 (at first 3s then 5s).

In general I’m usually there for about 3-4 hours. Combination of shooting, training other guys, playing pickup and also lifting

Last edited:
Tell me you haven't played in Kobes before without telling me.

Lol yes I’ve played Kobes. I liked them but they didn’t fit perfectly for me; there was always something missing like cushioning, fit or even traction.

I love the Kobe V but I don’t like the material, the cushioning was a rough ride and traction wasn’t awesome.

Back
Top Bottom