Nike Lebron 20

Have we seen the REAL XX’s?

• Yes

Votes: 107 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 35 24.6%

• Total voters
I don't think there's any hype, beyond people who are ready to move on from the 19
I disagree - these are the first pair that seemingly cater to all playing styles a la the Kobes. I have a feeling a lot of non Lebron stans will jump on these, maybe not at retail or immediately, but moreso than what we have seen with his last handful of sigs

I think the heat check for the 20s will be if all the Nike athletes are wearing them come December/January. Remember every time a Kobe would drop from 4-6, most of the league were rocking them. Dudes are still rocking them today who were maybe freshman in high school when Kobe last played (Lonzo and Ja come to mind). If we see the transition of them, or if Mr. Kobe himself DeRozan comes out rocking these, we'll be in for a wild ride of a year.

Sig Lebrons are made for Lebron! Point blank period. The only other person comparable in size, strength, agility, and mobility that could wear LBJs every game is Zion and hes not on the nike roster (w/JB). Now lebron’s takedown models can be played in by other athletes. Until recently, lebron needed/wanted the mid/high shoe with total foot/ankle/heel lockdown & support with a hella cushioned midsole.

IMO, he & Nike saw that they were losing sales & market share to lesser model shoes that were not face of the franchise athletes so they needed to change it up to appeal to a more masses crowd & younger demographic

Which is odd because when Kobe KD and Lebron were competing, websites and insiders always said that Lebron sold the most. I don’t know if it’s units or profit margins.

The react was completely caged. I absolutely hated the KD 11 for that reason along with the upper not containing my foot worth poop lol
The KD11s definitely had react with a full length zoom bag. I was not impressed with the early colorways of the shoe that I tried. The containment was terrible and the cushioning was only ok. On a whim I bough a pair of the aunt pearl colorway on steep discount from NDC to give them one last try. The shoe felt different - the containment was better (though still not sufficient) and the caging around the react was softer. The react felt like it worked really well with the full length zoom. This is why I want Nike to try react with less caging with a full length strobel.

I don't think there's any hype, beyond people who are ready to move on from the 19
I think there is hype for the XXs. Many of the guys I play with are talking about the XXs. Most of them haven't worn Lebrons ever or in years. What's crazier is that my daughter and most of her AAU team are talking about the XXs. None of them wear have ever worn Lebrons - they all wear Kyries and KDs and wish they could find Kobes.

That’s funny but I’m pretty sure multiple players were wearing sigs 8 through maybe the 12. Ginobli wore the hell out of the 11s lol.

I think there is hype for the XXs. Many of the guys I play with are talking about the XXs. Most of them haven't worn Lebrons ever or in years. What's crazier is that my daughter and most of her AAU team are talking about the XXs. None of them wear have ever worn Lebrons - they all wear Kyries and KDs and wish they could find Kobes.
the social media effect 🤔

End of the day it's more organic than year's past, that's the power of a good design imo. Socials do their thing every year for various sig shoes, but it's LeBron, the 20th shoe, and a majority of folks agreeing that it looks good that creates the perfect storm.

sorry, meant SM for the youth. I think a lot of kids are following/looking up to bronny/Bryce which could possibly be why the xx are more hyped than usual for Lebrons. Look what LaMelo and his SM presence did for puma and his sig line. Walking through gyms I see so many m1s on high school kids and under. Just my two cents, nothing more. To quote the great Kendrick Perkins - “carry on”
9AC7291B-E431-488F-99AE-E947B97087E7.gif

I think the price point is going to turn people off, but I do think these are the first Lebron's in a minute that seem actual playable for the average player.

It was funny to me how Kentucky and OSU players wouldn't even wear them.

I don't recall seeing any team edition kicks in a minute.

Which is odd because when Kobe KD and Lebron were competing, websites and insiders always said that Lebron sold the most. I don’t know if it’s units or profit margins.

Lebrons were completely outselling other models back in the day, even at a higher pricepoint. But lebrons hayday was his time in Miami when the hype was hella real.

That’s funny but I’m pretty sure multiple players were wearing sigs 8 through maybe the 12. Ginobli wore the hell out of the 11s lol.

You are correct sir.

sorry, meant SM for the youth. I think a lot of kids are following/looking up to bronny/Bryce which could possibly be why the xx are more hyped than usual for Lebrons. Look what LaMelo and his SM presence did for puma and his sig line. Walking through gyms I see so many m1s on high school kids and under. Just my two cents, nothing more. To quote the great Kendrick Perkins - “carry on”
9AC7291B-E431-488F-99AE-E947B97087E7.gif
Oh yeah that's a good point though. Young bucks really do fw Lamelo and Puma too haha! Saw they got Mikey Williams too, who isn't top 3 in his class but has a bigger following than some guys in the league.

Floridians/South Beaches

I like how he’s having them roll them out. Time goes by fast man lol

It really is cool that he's letting his sons do the drop. Very smart marketing. I am a marketing wiz and that would've never crossed my mind

Back
Top Bottom