Nike Lebron 20

Have we seen the REAL XX’s?

• Yes

Votes: 107 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 35 24.6%

• Total voters
The ds5 was cool because it looked like you didn’t care. When you put men’s mascara on it , it pretty much defeats the purpose.

That Speedussyyyy

200.gif

I played about 2 hours in these - here are my thoughts:

- there is absolutely a break-in period on these. The carbon fiber shank makes the arch area a little uncomfortable initially (I’d say 20 minutes or so) but once that gets broken in even the slightest bit, the shoe feels amazing on-court.

- cushioning is nice right out the box. For those who are copping to rock casually, the step in comfort is perfect. I have read and seen reviews that say the cushlon is too soft but I didn’t feel that way. The turbo unit in the forefoot isn’t super noticeable but after wearing them for over an hour you can feel the responsiveness while still being low to the ground. The heel zoom is super nice - it definitely feels like a high volume zoom unit and if you heel-strike these shoes feel amazing when doing so

- stability is just fine for me - another point of contention in some reviews but I had no problems whatsoever. The outrigger in the forefoot makes it easy to cut and feel secure without rolling your ankle over and the foot is super secure when laced down. No heel slippage and no issues with feeling unstable

- fit is perfect. I like my shoes on the snug side so I went TTS, but I can definitely see people going up half a size in these. My toe was basically at the end of the top of the shoe when laced, which is how I like my kicks for hooping, but if I rocked these casually I’d honestly grab a 0.5 size up

- traction is BEASTLY. The court I play on is an nba sized hardwood floor but it’s always a little dusty. I had absolutely no issues in the 2 hours I played and I didn’t even have to wipe down till near the end. It’s sticky, grippy, and great for multi directional movement and stops. Honestly, this traction might be some of the best I’ve ever experienced in a hoop shoe.

Overall, this might be my favorite shoe to play in when you look at it from all aspects: looks, feel, cushion, traction, fit, stability, etc. The one thing is the price tag - for $200 I doubt all colorways will sell out, but I can now see why people say these feel and play like old Kobes. For that reason alone, and with more people starting to like these across the board (especially those who aren’t super sneaker-head folks like us), I think these will sell really well. Definitely excited to get some more runs in with these!

Let me know yalls thoughts once you get to wearing them.

I played about 2 hours in these - here are my thoughts:

- there is absolutely a break-in period on these. The carbon fiber shank makes the arch area a little uncomfortable initially (I’d say 20 minutes or so) but once that gets broken in even the slightest bit, the shoe feels amazing on-court.

- cushioning is nice right out the box. For those who are copping to rock casually, the step in comfort is perfect. I have read and seen reviews that say the cushlon is too soft but I didn’t feel that way. The turbo unit in the forefoot isn’t super noticeable but after wearing them for over an hour you can feel the responsiveness while still being low to the ground. The heel zoom is super nice - it definitely feels like a high volume zoom unit and if you heel-strike these shoes feel amazing when doing so

- stability is just fine for me - another point of contention in some reviews but I had no problems whatsoever. The outrigger in the forefoot makes it easy to cut and feel secure without rolling your ankle over and the foot is super secure when laced down. No heel slippage and no issues with feeling unstable

- fit is perfect. I like my shoes on the snug side so I went TTS, but I can definitely see people going up half a size in these. My toe was basically at the end of the top of the shoe when laced, which is how I like my kicks for hooping, but if I rocked these casually I’d honestly grab a 0.5 size up

- traction is BEASTLY. The court I play on is an nba sized hardwood floor but it’s always a little dusty. I had absolutely no issues in the 2 hours I played and I didn’t even have to wipe down till near the end. It’s sticky, grippy, and great for multi directional movement and stops. Honestly, this traction might be some of the best I’ve ever experienced in a hoop shoe.

Overall, this might be my favorite shoe to play in when you look at it from all aspects: looks, feel, cushion, traction, fit, stability, etc. The one thing is the price tag - for $200 I doubt all colorways will sell out, but I can now see why people say these feel and play like old Kobes. For that reason alone, and with more people starting to like these across the board (especially those who aren’t super sneaker-head folks like us), I think these will sell really well. Definitely excited to get some more runs in with these!

Let me know yalls thoughts once you get to wearing them.

Nice. This is my experience too. I got the "Rashards" from finishline and have been loving them. Everything about them them is very good to excellent in terms of performance. Probably my favorite basketball shoe from from Nike and JB from the last year or two. Last week I grabbed the time machines and excited to see how they compare.

Have not got a pair yet, but a buddy of mine that wears orthotics did and it looks like he’s out on these. Said he can’t get the stock insert out to put his orthotics in. Said it’s glued into the strobel board. He did say whenever he puts his orthotics in lows there is the inevitable heel slip. So it may be for the best for him. Which would be bad for me as well. Been out on Brons since the 17’s because they didn’t fit well with orthotics.

Anyone out there tried orthotics with these yet?

Last edited:
Have not got a pair yet, but a buddy of mine that wears orthotics did and it looks like he’s out on these. Said he can’t get the stock insert out to put his orthotics in. Said it’s glued into the strobel board. He did say whenever he puts his orthotics in lows there is the inevitable heel slip. So it may be for the best for him. Which would be bad for me as well. Been out on Brons since the 17’s because they didn’t fit well with orthotics.

Anyone out there tried orthotics with these yet?
I wear orthos. If you can get the shoe to be colder (I know it sounds weird) it helps when trying to remove the stock inserts. When they get hot that’s when they stick more and rip. It happened to me before and I’ve spent so much time removing all the stuck pieces for my orthotics 😂

I wear orthos. If you can get the shoe to be colder (I know it sounds weird) it helps when trying to remove the stock inserts. When they get hot that’s when they stick more and rip. It happened to me before and I’ve spent so much time removing all the stuck pieces for my orthotics 😂
Appreciate the info.

If you are wearing your orthotics with the Bron 20, any heel slip so far?

I wear Game Day pro’s with my hoop shoes.. always a better chance of getting insole out if you remove it before trying the shoes on. It’s the first thing I do now with a new pair of shoes

I would have bought them but I’m not trying to get my guys at the shop in trouble for selling early.
They have no issue doing this for the Homies.
Secured the breds overseas :pimp:
Could’ve just reached out to the homies.

Can’t wait to get my pair of Time Machine today. That pic from the game last night made my day. It had both pairs I covet.

2D9B341D-6AEF-4E41-8F90-6AE780EA7AC3.jpeg

They have no issue doing this for the Homies.

Could’ve just reached out to the homies.

Can’t wait to get my pair of Time Machine today. That pic from the game last night made my day. It had both pairs I covet.

2D9B341D-6AEF-4E41-8F90-6AE780EA7AC3.jpeg

I don’t ask. Not worth risking trouble for these kids.

Back
Top Bottom