***NIKE MLB 2012***NEW THREAD

Originally Posted by supbro45

Wassup guys, I need help choosing cleats for the upcoming season, I'm looking for cleats that are lightweight comfartable in black in white ad that allows my pants to cover them without looking weird I use mizuno pants btw one of my favorite cleats where nike MVP I had the id"d had the big white white toe and black mesh I'm looking for something like that the toe is big but not like the diamond elit fly I was looking at the shox gamers and thinking of id"ing them or at the 2kfresh, or even the elite shows I'm a middle infielder and need a good pair of cleats something that resembles the Nike MVP clears or Jose Bautista home cleats. Thanks in advance guys appreciate it

http://www.eastbay.com/pr.../black/silver/?cm=57831P had these last year and loved them, one of my favorite pairs I've owned. 

502590769.jpg

AkGCU5SCMAErYt3.jpg

Originally Posted by zachATTACK0803

sfandy wrote:

Aren't those football cleats?

thats what it looks like but I got that pic from sneakernews and on there it said they were baseball so who knows 

After it was pointed out, they fixed it. They re-did the story and fixed it to be football cleats.

Originally Posted by bronxbomber25

Originally Posted by zachATTACK0803

sfandy wrote:

Aren't those football cleats?

thats what it looks like but I got that pic from sneakernews and on there it said they were baseball so who knows 

After it was pointed out, they fixed it. They re-did the story and fixed it to be football cleats.

oh alright well still sick nonetheless 

I play in a wood bat league in the spring, I'm looking to by 2 or 3 bats. I will definately get a Chandler bat, I've heard nothing but great reviews, their website should be up by next week. But I'm not sure what to get for the other ones. I've been looking at SSK, Axis, and Marucci. I'm sure some of you guys have tried all of them, they're all around $100, I would like to here your opinions on them. Also on ebay and HRmonkey they have marucci professional cut bats. They are only $70, what's the difference between the pro model and the pro cut? Why are they so much cheaper? 
Hope you guys can help, thanks 

Originally Posted by FV Chiefs

I play in a wood bat league in the spring, I'm looking to by 2 or 3 bats. I will definately get a Chandler bat, I've heard nothing but great reviews, their website should be up by next week. But I'm not sure what to get for the other ones. I've been looking at SSK, Axis, and Marucci. I'm sure some of you guys have tried all of them, they're all around $100, I would like to here your opinions on them. Also on ebay and HRmonkey they have marucci professional cut bats. They are only $70, what's the difference between the pro model and the pro cut? Why are they so much cheaper? 
I got an old hickory at a prefect game event over the summer and found them to be very nice, and have great balance. not to expensive either. 

I play on the Stanford baseball team and we play Texas our second weekend of the season... will definitely try to steal a pair or something haha.

Originally Posted by huarachelover3215

I play on the Stanford baseball team and we play Texas our second weekend of the season... will definitely try to steal a pair or something haha.

do you guys get hooked up too?

Originally Posted by eagles137

I got an old hickory at a prefect game event over the summer and found them to be very nice, and have great balance. not to expensive either. 
Not sure specific difference between both but I have a professional cut that I've tried in BP a few times and didn't notice any difference from previous pro models I used. I think last year the two top recommendations were Chandler and Marucci.

Hmm I also heard Chandler was good but the price yeah it is up there so that's why I stayed away this year.
I have been using the top of the line Ash Axis and so far it is good no complaints. SSK I dunno if these are imported from overseas or someone here makes them and just slaps the label on them.
I guess you cannot go wrong with Marucci but I stayed away last year because sooo many people went with them that I almost felt craftsmanship lost a step.
Right now I probably will pick up both a regular Axe and Composite Axe along with another Baum Bat. I also use Max Bats do not sleep on them they are pretty good but ultimately its up to you to determine what feels good in your hands and of course pricing but you get what you pay for right? Good luck finding.

unfortunately no. i have 2 pairs of generic black and white mizuno 9-spike Pro KL G5 spikes, and a pair of black and white mizuno trainers that are mesh and I'm pretty sure they don't sell them anymore. We don't receive any apparel either, so we are not hooked up in the slightest.

unfortunately no. i have 2 pairs of generic black and white mizuno 9-spike Pro KL G5 spikes, and a pair of black and white mizuno trainers that are mesh and I'm pretty sure they don't sell them anymore. We don't receive any apparel either, so we are not hooked up in the slightest.

Are you required to wear just Mizuno or the specific cleats that are issued? Any rules on wearing like say a Nike undershirt? Was always curious how far it went when a team was sponsored.

Originally Posted by nikesourceseller

Are you required to wear just Mizuno or the specific cleats that are issued? Any rules on wearing like say a Nike undershirt? Was always curious how far it went when a team was sponsored.
We are supposed to wear the specific cleats we are issued. We aren't allowed to wear any other kind of undershirt (especially for pitchers because they are seen most on TV. Players are allowed to wear arm sleeves that are not a team sponsor. Stanford baseball is sponsored by Mizuno, Louisville Slugger/TPX, and Rawlings. So Nike arm sleeves are allowed. STAY TUNED, our equipment manager said we got in some custom cleats today so I may have pics for you guys soon. The ones the Mizuno rep showed me was black base with Cardinal and White hits, White Tongue with a Stanford "S" on it and "Go Cardinal" imprinted on the outside of the heel. If we receive them at any point I will for sure post pics!

I know a lot of teams have contracts with sponsors, but they can pretty much wear anything they want as long as they aren't playing on TV. We take of for Phoenix early tomorrow morning, ill be sure to post some pics of the gear we got for the year, much better than I have gotten in my first 3 years here so that is pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom