Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

I'm afraid black and red uniforms will be too close to the earned ones we had some time ago... they'll need to have a very special design to be something else and interesting.:frown:

I'm afraid black and red uniforms will be too close to the earned ones we had some time ago... they'll need to have a very special design to be something else and interesting.:frown:

Agreed, between those and the statement edtions I feel like Black/Red is just going to be OD...Even though I would like a chance at a pair of earned edtion swingman shorts. Other than that I'm really not too excited... although pictures could change that quickly. It's pretty hard to mess up Black/Red.
If Black/Red it is, then I think it'd be kind of cool if they made them black with some sort of shiny/white speckles, similar to a star filled black space of some sort. There's a few old fan designs I've seen online in the past.
Screenshot_20220411-052842_Chrome.jpg

Something like these could be pretty cool, and definitely interest me if done right. I think these were more of a dark midnight blue, but black would probably sell better IMO.

The rockets are a team that didn’t need to change their colors on two separate occasions. The last team colors they needed to use were black and red. Way too many black and red teams. They need to do what the Astros did and revert to their original colors (red/yellow), last set (navy/red/white), or something completely different.

Not a huge fan of next year’s Memphis city jersey because I’ve been itching for an authentic Ja when they hopefully become more available, guess I’ll just try for a regular one next season

The rockets are a team that didn’t need to change their colors on two separate occasions. The last team colors they needed to use were black and red. Way too many black and red teams. They need to do what the Astros did and revert to their original colors (red/yellow), last set (navy/red/white), or something completely different.
In my opinion, a set composed of a white / red / yellow Association Edition, a red/white/yellow Icon edition and the current city edition as the permanent Statement (all of the threes with the modernized classic wordmark the City Edition used), would be a close to perfect set for Houston.

Eventhough I'm a sucker for the 95-2003 "R" logo, which is my favorite US sports' logo ever.

In my opinion, a set composed of a white / red / yellow Association Edition, a red/white/yellow Icon edition and the current city edition as the permanent Statement (all of the threes with the modernized classic wordmark the City Edition used), would be a close to perfect set for Houston.

Eventhough I'm a sucker for the 95-2003 "R" logo, which is my favorite US sports' logo ever.
They need to change it up. They’re look doesn’t stand out at all. They look just like any other black/red team. Hell, the light blue oiler looking set was miles better than the current.

They need to change it up. They’re look doesn’t stand out at all. They look just like any other black/red team. Hell, the light blue oiler looking set was miles better than the current.

They're nothing special indeed. I'm liking them a bit more since I managed to get an authentic one, because the quality is still there, but I wouldn't mind them changing it again, yes. And they should ditch that number font as well. It's been way too long...

those rockets jerseys are trashtastic. stop with gradients, stop with pinstripes, stop with sublimated prints and stop with gimmicky typefaces. the phrase 'keep it simple stupid' exists for a reason. pick a classic font and use a colour wheel to pick complimentary colours. if you absolutely need to have a proprietary typeface hire a typographer and a credible branding company to come up with something, not an influencer with 10k ig followers. /rant

They're nothing special indeed. I'm liking them a bit more since I managed to get an authentic one, because the quality is still there, but I wouldn't mind them changing it again, yes. And they should ditch that number font as well. It's been way too long...
Which one did you grab? And from where? I've been hunting for a Jalen Green for a minute. Last authentic I've seen reasonably priced and my size was a Westbrook for what seems like 3+ years ago. Not even the Rocketsshop has had them...

Not sure if anyone is in the market for one, but the Mavs team store had just about every Luka authentic still available along with some Nowitzki's also. They've still had the red all-star Luka on pre-order still the last time I checked ealier this month. No clue if it's updated/started sgipping or not. The last time I checked it said the jersey wouldn't ship until March. Waiting on them to run another 50% off after the season like last year. Too bad every team doesn't run things like the Mavs.

This is a funny question, but can anyone recommend a comfortable shirt to wear under jerseys? Short sleeve of long sleeve? Kind of looking for a compression cotton type of shirt that can still be comfortable....

Which one did you grab? And from where? I've been hunting for a Jalen Green for a minute. Last authentic I've seen reasonably priced and my size was a Westbrook for what seems like 3+ years ago. Not even the Rocketsshop has had them...

Not sure if anyone is in the market for one, but the Mavs team store had just about every Luka authentic still available along with some Nowitzki's also. They've still had the red all-star Luka on pre-order still the last time I checked ealier this month. No clue if it's updated/started sgipping or not. The last time I checked it said the jersey wouldn't ship until March. Waiting on them to run another 50% off after the season like last year. Too bad every team doesn't run things like the Mavs.
I bought a red Westbrook on eBay. It was new, my size and cheaper than most authentic jerseys sold by Nike. I'm happy to have a current authentic jersey of my favourite team eventhough they do look boring.

EDIT : I just read that Jalen Green will wear number 4 next season.

Last edited:
I bought a red Westbrook on eBay. It was new, my size and cheaper than most authentic jerseys sold by Nike. I'm happy to have a current authentic jersey of my favourite team eventhough they do look boring.

EDIT : I just read that Jalen Green will wear number 4 next season.
Funny that Westbrook has been more obtainable than even a Harden authentic jersey. Even with his short stint here.
I pretty much expected Green to change as soon as House was history. Green took forever to finally settle on 0 which kept me waiting on my Rocketsshop pre orders for what seemed like months... House wasn't letting that number go for anything. He probably put in that request the same day House was waived. 🤣

This is a funny question, but can anyone recommend a comfortable shirt to wear under jerseys? Short sleeve of long sleeve? Kind of looking for a compression cotton type of shirt that can still be comfortable....
Just a reg white or black T shirt. I like the fit of Nike Dri-Fit shirts, so I usually wear those. Regular white undershirts tend to look weird under jerseys.

uniqlo heattech longsleeve shirts look awesome under nike jerseys

h&m for regular tees... mad cheap

both brands make shirts that drape the body in a way that compliments nike auths... less 'poofy' than say your run of the mill fruit of the loom tee

I'm moving on. I could care less about that dude. I got bigger things to worry about like Luka missing the first round of the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom