Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

Mitchell and ness has exclusive rights on sales for HWC authentics.
I heard this, but is there any confirmation ? I've never seen proof? I hate if this is true . Because we won't see all throwbacks and it usually takes about 4 plus years or more. Lastly, their quality is trash

I heard this, but is there any confirmation ? I've never seen proof? I hate if this is true . Because we won't see all throwbacks and it usually takes about 4 plus years or more. Lastly, their quality is trash
nike hasnt release an authentic HWC since they got the contract. read it in another forum with someone close to the matter

How are M&N authentics trash quality? Lol. I know people gripe about the size of the patches, but material-wise, they use the exact same material that was used on the original jersey when it first dropped.

Maybe he means the inaccuracies that a number have? Not necessarily trash but I don’t know.

How are M&N authentics trash quality? Lol. I know people gripe about the size of the patches, but material-wise, they use the exact same material that was used on the original jersey when it first dropped.

Check the wish bone collar on Kobe jerseys. It may be the same materials but WTH is up with the shape? That’s the reason why I decided to let most of my Kobe MN collection go to try and grab original Adidas/Champion/Nike/Reebok authentics.

Maybe they did 20 years ago, but now? Hell nah :lol:
Look at the mesh on the Black KG Timberwolves jersey if you want an example of material inaccuracy.
Company is a shell of its former self.

Last edited:
Maybe they did 20 years ago, but now? Hell nah :lol:
Look at the mesh on the Black KG Timberwolves jersey if you want an example of matrial inaccuracy.
Company is a shell of its former self.
I see. I haven’t seen much of their newer stuff. That’s disappointing. And yeah, don’t get me started on all of the new “designs” they’ve been doing too, I guess. Rubin is destroying that company, just like he’s doing with Lids/Fanatics. Lol

Check the wish bone collar on Kobe jerseys. It may be the same materials but WTH is up with the shape? That’s the reason why I decided to let most of my Kobe MN collection go to try and grab original Adidas/Champion/Nike/Reebok authentics.
This ... if you have the og authentics you can tell they are significantly off. And I also account the fact that the jerseys run up to 400 (price point).

m&n dont use any accurate materials except on the more recent retro adidas styles where they are probably using leftover rev30 and drifit fabrics. and the proportions are still wrong, fonts are wrong etc etc. a lot of bootleggers make way more accurate jerseys than m&n these days and thats facts

The only M&N authentic I own is a Larry Bird jersey so I have nothing to compare it to. Maybe next time I’m at the mall, I’ll wear my Jordan authentic and compare it to a 97-98 M&N

FYI. Cade 21-22 city authentic showing back in stock on the pistons site.

Got mine before I saw this post but thank you for mentioning it! I've been obsessively checking, hoping that some of THIS year's city authentics would pop up. Definitely wasn't expecting a restock of last year's.

Thanks man. Love this jersey. Do you know if it'll be the longer player issued versions (+4 or +6 inches) or the regular +2?

Likely +6. I got the home and road authentic Cades and those were both +6 and all the people who bought this city jersey last year and have sold it on eBay, those are all +6 as well.

Appreciate it man. Seen, guess I'm out then, even though this jersey is super nice. I like to wear all my jerseys and being 5'11 it'd be way too long. Should they come in the regular length please do let me know!

Got mine before I saw this post but thank you for mentioning it! I've been obsessively checking, hoping that some of THIS year's city authentics would pop up. Definitely wasn't expecting a restock of last year's.

Likely +6. I got the home and road authentic Cades and those were both +6 and all the people who bought this city jersey last year and have sold it on eBay, those are all +6 as well.
That’s a bummer

Smh

Jumping on the M&N discussion...it's frustrating because, yes, the whole point of when M&N started to blow up because they were accurate to every detail. Now, though, nothing is really true to the original. For me, as a Bucks fan, M&N makes all the purple Bucks stuff more of a fuschia than the true purple that the jerseys really were.

(these are swingman pictures for M&N, but the authentics I've seen have followed suit. Plus, even the swingman should not be that far off haha.)
M&N
s-l1600.png
vs. Original
s-l1600.jpg

M&N
smsh3135-mbu96pppwhit_1_1.jpg
vs. Original
s-l1600.jpg

Nike's throwback jerseys and shorts this year were pretty close, though:
milwaukee-bucks-dri-fit-nba-swingman-jersey-8dRdgG.png

Picked up a custom authentic from fanatics, what should I be looking to make sure it’s decent when it comes in?

The name will likely be lower than retail authentics. Also hope that it’s actually stitched. I’ve bought three custom authentics from fanatics and all were stitched, but I’ve seen some that we’re not.

The name will likely be lower than retail authentics. Also hope that it’s actually stitched. I’ve bought three custom authentics from fanatics and all were stitched, but I’ve seen some that we’re not.

Direct from Nike versus most team shops and fanatics. Nike with the stitching. The little things. 🥰
IMG_9741.jpeg
IMG_9740.jpeg

Mitchell and ness has exclusive rights on sales for HWC authentics.
Aha..... so that is why we never see NBA teams in retro uniforms?

wow, what a shame....... imagine all the potential matchups!

Heat Vs Suns for instance, in retro uniforms.... it would be amazing! :emoji_astonished:

Love to see the old Bullets uniforms as well, they need to get Ja Morant first though :emoji_sweat_smile:

Back
Top Bottom