Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

D0F6FFB6-FE27-4CE2-B2B4-A4CB1ED5FE81.jpeg
EA1FF1F7-4C2F-404E-842E-60F8E4C50AB0.jpeg

Pre-ordered the Giannis, will still hold out hope for Authentics but I can live with the swingman
Yeah I think we aren’t getting authentics if a disclaimer like this is showing up - guess we will have to see what else drops in November but I do recall their 2017-2018 classic edition jersey only being swingman

74314D5E-4E41-4205-9353-CA57803A46AF.png

i was wondering, when was the last season that the uniform supplier released hwc authentics?
M&N has nothing to do with it :lol:

Authentics have released before

If both companies can release swingmans, they both can release authentics

If Nike is the official supplier to the league they have rights to all the designs and logos and what not before M&N itself

Reactions: OTG

If Nike is the official supplier to the league they have rights to all the designs and logos and what not before M&N itself
so when is the last time they released? just curious if the answer is 2011 maybe.

i see a bunch of pre-2011 HWC jerseys on IG, not sure if these were retail authentics or actual team-issued blanks that were customized. i rarely see HWC from later seasons.

Last edited:

false. for one m&n had a deal in place with the nba before nike's current contract, there's no way the nba granted nike the ability to supercede the terms of m&n's deal... they would have been sued to oblivion for breach of contract if that were the case

nike has the rights to provide the on court uniforms and other apparel but its obviously not exclusive and nobody knows the exact terms of the agreement. presumably m&n retains all rights to hwc authentics as its the only logical reason nike hasnt released any since their deal began. yes hwc authentics have been manufactured under previous suppliers, but it would stand to reason that there didnt previously exist any exclusivity clause on hwc's because it was a trend that was born in the 2000's. i'd assume m&n's deal with the nba has been revised numerous times over the past two decades

Reebok and adidas all used to release authentics, nothing has changed other than the fact that Nike barely makes authentics in general and leaves it up to teams to do so

Nike has been making authentics for how long? Pistons finally released there own a few weeks ago and likely with their own real blanks

When Nike takes over they obviously gets trademark and rights to the league to make all merchandise

I don’t see how ‘&n gets exclusive rights to authentics if Nike can make throwbacks of every single jersey

Where exactly is the difference if m&n makes swingmans as well? They just have authority on authentic?

Not like Nike makes a killing off authentics when teams are selling thousands of swingmans in a blink of an eye

Nike has been making plenty of authentics since they took over. It has only been recently (COVID/distribution issues) where we’ve seen them here and there.

so when is the last time they released? just curious if the answer is 2011 maybe.

i see a bunch of pre-2011 HWC jerseys on IG, but not sure if these were authentics or blanks that were customized. i rarely see HWC from later seasons.
It was definitely past 2011, I remember the Cavs team shop offering HWC authentics multiple times during Bron's second stint. I think the Raptors sold Huskies jerseys for a limited time too.

mitchell and ness is the biggest scam ever. all they do is make reproductions marketed as "authentic"

It was definitely past 2011, I remember the Cavs team shop offering HWC authentics multiple times during Bron's second stint. I think the Raptors sold Huskies jerseys for a limited time too.
so that's why i see those raptors and orange cavs pop up sometimes. never knew they were sold at team shops. thanks.

now real question is why couldn't more teams like Warriors do that lol. and what's the deal with nike rn. to drop swingmans but not even release a single authentic HWC after 5 seasons, definitely something fishy going on...

next season's lakers showtime hoodies up on NDC. look pretty nice and i like the colored mesh on the hood. but not a fan of re-using the same hoodie as the past 2 seasons.

reminds me of the 2010-11 adidas jackets with the team name in front. that warriors ring ceremony jacket gonna be 🔥

los-angeles-lakers-showtime-mens-dri-fit-nba-full-zip-hoodie-W6WmFt.png

GettyImages-108246616.jpg

the new practice shirts are basically the same as the 2020-21 ones.

1660425077343.png

2020-21 version:
1660425105303.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom