Nike Performance Running Master Thread

You want cheap grab some peg 33’s or 34’s. To me the 33’s are the best of the two. You can get those for 50-60 bucks on eBay

33/34 my favorite so far. Trying to bust thru my 35s so I can get back to some 34s I bought off eBay like you’re saying. Still have about 100 miles before I can feel like I got my money’s worth.

I also bought some original Clifton 1s from eBay last year and have a couple hundred miles to go on those. They aren’t too responsive like zoomx, but I can go forever in them. I put 1,000 miles on my first pair, 600 on a second. I’m hoping some Peg Turbos I found will be a good replacement. Found them for $90 at San Leandro in November.

Agreed... Seem like the older Pegs would be way better than the newer versions. The full length zoom bag would make the ride seem stiff to me. Never ran in a full length zoom setup though. The Vomero 10 is were the last Nike I ran in with both rear and forefoot zoom bags...

Yes... Cliftons are like a Sunday drive... A nice slow cruise around town and maybe some back country roads...

Definitely can go forever in them...

Is anybody else here using 4% for daily runner? I have been having hard time going back to peg turbos and now that the 4% are easier to come by, I don't worry as much about wearing them out.

I only put on about 20-30 miles a week, so wondering what other more experienced runners think. I typically run 5-6 miles at 8min pace (I'm old guy).

Agreed... Seem like the older Pegs would be way better than the newer versions. The full length zoom bag would make the ride seem stiff to me. Never ran in a full length zoom setup though. The Vomero 10 is were the last Nike I ran in with both rear and forefoot zoom bags...

Yes... Cliftons are like a Sunday drive... A nice slow cruise around town and maybe some back country roads...

Definitely can go forever in them...
Nike tends to hit a sweet spot and then they begin to over think what already works.

Is anybody else here using 4% for daily runner? I have been having hard time going back to peg turbos and now that the 4% are easier to come by, I don't worry as much about wearing them out.

I only put on about 20-30 miles a week, so wondering what other more experienced runners think. I typically run 5-6 miles at 8min pace (I'm old guy).

How was the transition to the 4%, i'm currently in peg turbos

I'm currently running in the Clifton re-release. I had done a ton of research and this shoe hit the specs and was vaunted as one of the best shoes ever. Unfortunately IMO they didn't live up to the reputation. They are ok but I don't see where people were calling them "marshmallow soft" and "springy." The cushion was actually firmer than I would have guessed and I didn't feel any springiness, but most of all the fit of the upper isn't very locked down. You don't get that nice, secure fit if you like your shoes to fit that way. I'm thinking of switching to one of Pegasus 35/Vomero 14/Zoom Fly FK/ NB Beacon.

If you bought them hopefully they work for you though, just wanted to share my experience with them.

Yeah, I had pretty much the same results.

Really, the only running community I know is on here. But many swore by them (including that YouTube guy Jaime). I ran four times with them in late December.

I did 3-5 mile runs. And they just weren’t this transformative experience. They were solid. I’ve ran in the Clifton 3s. Maybe comparable. Comfortable, support and light.

I preferred running in my Peg 35 and Epic React v1. VF 4% have a super bounce and comfortable ride (if unstable).

I wish the Peg Turbos would come down in price. I want the OG punch color way on disco.

How was the transition to the 4%, i'm currently in peg turbos

Transition was very easy for me but I only started running again in late 2017 and had only been using turbos for about 6 months. At the time was only running about 3-4 miles, 2-3 times a week at 10min+ pace. I loved them then, but now when I try the Turbos they seem a little bit heavier compared to the 4%, but I usually only wear the turbos on recovery runs.. There is a weight difference, but not that much, so must be something else. BTW, I mainly use running to supplement other training, so it is not my main focus.

The only reason I ask is because I see most experienced runners here only seem to use the 4% for races and sparingly for training. I was wondering if that was because of the price/scarcity or for another reason altogether.

Transition was very easy for me but I only started running again in late 2017 and had only been using turbos for about 6 months. At the time was only running about 3-4 miles, 2-3 times a week at 10min+ pace. I loved them then, but now when I try the Turbos they seem a little bit heavier compared to the 4%, but I usually only wear the turbos on recovery runs.. There is a weight difference, but not that much, so must be something else. BTW, I mainly use running to supplement other training, so it is not my main focus.

The only reason I ask is because I see most experienced runners here only seem to use the 4% for races and sparingly for training. I was wondering if that was because of the price/scarcity or for another reason altogether.
It’s mainly all of the above. Thing is if you’re running slower than a 7:30 it’s really not doing anything for you imo. Like buying a race car to drive 60mph

It’s mainly all of the above. Thing is if you’re running slower than a 7:30 it’s really not doing anything for you imo. Like buying a race car to drive 60mph

I am right at 8 min pace running 10K and I can definitely feel a difference between turbos and 4%. Every couple months I go back and try the turbos just to be sure and it is much easier run for me in 4%, even at my slow pace.

Does anyone watch Seth James Demoor and kofuzi vlogs, shoe trial test, and shoe reviews? I like their channels and they always have positives vibes. Plus Seth suffered from plantar fasciitis like me haha.

Between this guy and kofuzi, they both have informative and nice channels..

These are a few vids among many.

Between this guy and kofuzi, they both have very informative and nice channels.

Seth...

New Nike Odyssey React Image:
21159321_l.jpg

https://us.sportsdirect.com/nike-odyssey-react-sn83-211593?colcode=21159321
Thanks for sharing this

I posted this in the Pegasus thread too, but interesting tidbit: I was on NDC and filtered the runners by "Lunarlon" and the Renew Rival was included in the results. That surprised me, considering they claim it's Renew foam, although the set-up is similar to Lunarlon. Anyone know for sure?

Does anyone watch Seth James Demoor and kofuzi vlogs, shoe trial test, and shoe reviews? I like their channels and they always have positives vibes. Plus Seth suffered from plantar fasciitis like me haha.

Between this guy and kofuzi, they both have informative and nice channels..

These are a few vids among many.

Between this guy and kofuzi, they both have very informative and nice channels.

Seth...

I watch both these guys reviews. I prefer Kofuzi as his videos are more to the point.

I personally would NOT use them daily. You can’t run normally in them. They change your stride

Just found this thread, I started prepping for a marathon about three weeks ago and have been running in the Zoom Fly about 3x/week and I’ve loved them so far. Can you expand on how they change the stride?

I previously have run my lunarepic into the ground and I’d heard good things about the Peg Turbos, but $50 for ZF felt like a better deal than the Turbos at $180.

Was thinking about running the actual marathon in the Off White Zoom Fly...

Just found this thread, I started prepping for a marathon about three weeks ago and have been running in the Zoom Fly about 3x/week and I’ve loved them so far. Can you expand on how they change the stride?

I previously have run my lunarepic into the ground and I’d heard good things about the Peg Turbos, but $50 for ZF felt like a better deal than the Turbos at $180.

Please use the Off White. I hate seeing stupid rich kids wear them out to Starbucks and have to wipe them with napkins. Running shoes are meant to be run in!

Demo: I’ve run 8 marathons over the past 6 yrs - 6 in a Lunaracer 3. PR 3:01. That shoe had been my go-to racer and for long runs over 14 miles (just to stay acclimated to the shoe). I’ve run in neutral Nikes exclusively for around 7 years (and the LR3s). Here’s my two cents about shoes in my current rotation:

All are sz 13 (sz 14 LR3s)

ZF FK - in normal temps this is a great shoe that makes tempo runs feel a bit easier. I’ve read where others have noted that they deaden up in the cold. I did 10 miles at 25 deg and concur- while I have thoroughly enjoyed the cushioning when warmer, these temps made it feel like the ZF v1.

Peg turbo - maybe the most comfortable upper I’ve ever run in. However, I was hoping for a faster shoe given the name and marketing. I find it to be on the soft side without a lot of spring. But the upper is perfect.

VF4% - I probably have a higher than average instep and maybe slightly wider than average forefoot. Despite this, V1 felt too loose and unstable. I had to wear thicker socks and really ratchet down the laces - but I couldn’t get locked in. I sold my DS pairs as a result. In contrast, I feel that the VF FK fits consistent with other Nike’s of the same size. I definitely get that locked in and secure feel with this upper. I hate the laces though that come on these and the ZFFK. No doubts that this will be my next marathon shoe (what to do with the DS LR3s?).

Peg 35 - just an all around nice, reliable shoe. Given the disco prices I typically use these in the rain/mud. Upper is almost as comfy as the Turbo but I think the ride is more responsive.

Epic React - this is the current shoe that I have the least amount of experience with. The initial fit for me was a little snug for $150 so I waited for significant discounts. They feel like they’re loosening up after about 25 miles. I think they offer a nice mix of soft cushioning but with some noticeable responsiveness.

To me I don’t land the same wearing the shoes.

Demo: I’ve run 8 marathons over the past 6 yrs - 6 in a Lunaracer 3. PR 3:01. That shoe had been my go-to racer and for long runs over 14 miles (just to stay acclimated to the shoe). I’ve run in neutral Nikes exclusively for around 7 years (and the LR3s). Here’s my two cents about shoes in my current rotation:

All are sz 13 (sz 14 LR3s)

ZF FK - in normal temps this is a great shoe that makes tempo runs feel a bit easier. I’ve read where others have noted that they deaden up in the cold. I did 10 miles at 25 deg and concur- while I have thoroughly enjoyed the cushioning when warmer, these temps made it feel like the ZF v1.

Peg turbo - maybe the most comfortable upper I’ve ever run in. However, I was hoping for a faster shoe given the name and marketing. I find it to be on the soft side without a lot of spring. But the upper is perfect.

VF4% - I probably have a higher than average instep and maybe slightly wider than average forefoot. Despite this, V1 felt too loose and unstable. I had to wear thicker socks and really ratchet down the laces - but I couldn’t get locked in. I sold my DS pairs as a result. In contrast, I feel that the VF FK fits consistent with other Nike’s of the same size. I definitely get that locked in and secure feel with this upper. I hate the laces though that come on these and the ZFFK. No doubts that this will be my next marathon shoe (what to do with the DS LR3s?).

Peg 35 - just an all around nice, reliable shoe. Given the disco prices I typically use these in the rain/mud. Upper is almost as comfy as the Turbo but I think the ride is more responsive.

Epic React - this is the current shoe that I have the least amount of experience with. The initial fit for me was a little snug for $150 so I waited for significant discounts. They feel like they’re loosening up after about 25 miles. I think they offer a nice mix of soft cushioning but with some noticeable responsiveness.

Man, I hope people in this thread reference this in the future haha

To me I don’t land the same wearing the shoes.

I got you, I can see how. I’ve already seen additional wear on the lateral part of the heel compared to the rest of the sole which may be from focusing on heel striking in them.

Never used any Hokas personally.

Glad I found this thread tho, awesome writeup steelj steelj . I want to try the VF4% at some point but I gotta turn in some fast enough times to justify it. I’m a 13 as well, I’ve never gone up to a 14 in any shoe so really interesting to hear you did that for the Lunarracer, especially since you noted lockdown being a key for you.

Back
Top Bottom